SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by iflytailies, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 03, 2011, 07:32 PM
aka Schleppmeister
PA
Joined Feb 2006
1,930 Posts
Trader Rating: 89
Sold
Wing Retainer System & Wing Lock Set

A) Wing Lock Set F-115. Wings will lock in place by using the snap fasteners. No tool needed to lock wings. Includes one set (see picture). Made in Europe. This set is very similar to the Multiplex lock set, which are no longer being made.

$10 shipped

B) Wing retainer System F-116: Self locking system for wings. Suited for fuselage widths between 60mm/2.36in. and 110mm/4.33in. Holding power may be adjusted by using different spring washers. The screw nuts need to be glued into the wing. The couplings will be screwed in and adjusted to fuselage width.

$13 shipped
iflytailies is online now Find More Posts by iflytailies
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: S.E.5a Cockpit
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2011, 08:17 PM
Designing something...
United States, CA, Cameron Park
Joined Jan 2004
1,692 Posts
Trader Rating: 26
Hey Alex,

I'd like to get your opinion on how well the F-115s would work on my big Horten IIIe. I was planning too use Multiplex Multi-locks but like you said they are getting pretty hard to find. Anyway, I'm not sure that pushing the wing slightly toward the tail will work on the Horten. And no I'm not tring to be funny. The root rib cord is about 25 inches and I'm using a 1 1/2" diameter wing joiner tube some shouldn't get much flexing.

So do you think these will work?

Thanks,
Brian
cpdude is offline Find More Posts by cpdude
Old Dec 03, 2011, 08:41 PM
aka Schleppmeister
PA
Joined Feb 2006
1,930 Posts
Trader Rating: 89
They use those on 4m and bigger sailplanes. Therefore, the F-115 should work on your 4.1m, too. To separate your wings, you could either have one person pull on each wing. Or make wedges to help you separate the wings.

Another hint: dry fit the F-115 parts. If you think the friction is too strong then carefully sand just a tiny bit off the collars at a time till you are happy with the friction.

If you have an access hatch, an even better option would be to use "Wing Retainer Systems F-101":
http://www.iflytailies.com/store/win...ainer-systems/
iflytailies is online now Find More Posts by iflytailies
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: S.E.5a Cockpit
Closed Thread