HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 04, 2012, 11:09 AM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,576 Posts
video of the front suspension

rc microlight front suspension (0 min 24 sec)
mark675 is offline Find More Posts by mark675
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2012, 02:22 AM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,576 Posts
just recieved a message off Mario Arguello on youtube,
funny how he blocks me but still finds it fine to send me messages?!

'you will need two springs. Plus the way you have it is great for scale but poor in a crash. I am not trying to deter you from doing that just being practical. I am sure you have seen my recent videos of my Fully articulated pilot on my trike. I has just saying to myslef I bet as soon as I post some of my videos Mark is going to do likewise. Bingo! lol'

poor in a crash?! how would this clown know?
expect to see front suspension of this exact design on his next trike when ive proven it works,
seem to have heard all this before 'wont work' 'not trying to deter you' etc etc then as soon as it does work BAM hes copied it

his new trike has got square section alloy tubing and the way his front strut is mounted to it is just exactly the same as mine,
its as if hes doing it on purpose its that similar

'I am sure many people looking at my videos with this setup will be eager to try, because if you get it right and I think my videos already provide a good deal of information, you too can get an RC trike controlled via the pilot and if you do, please make sure to give my work which is showing you how it is done, credit.'

bit of a hypocrite arent u mario!
why should other people do it to you if you rip off everyone elses designs?
and for your info the trike being 'controlled' by the pilot isnt anything new either!! its been done before ..but you already knew that didnt you

and talking about 'rc trike wannabe's' dont talk about me like that mario you need to have respect for the hand that feeds you
Old Jul 05, 2012, 04:15 AM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,576 Posts
I think this videos for my benefit

still hasnt got any video footage of the large 80's 'weightshift' model flying though has it mario?....hmmmm
and then showing footage of smaller microlights looking very unscale, falling all over the sky like a drunk pelican with rudders and other ways of steering are not helping your case-
theyre just proving my point that none of your previous microlights flew right as weightshifts, why would you advise me against weightshift if this wasnt true??

and not meaning to be funny but your new 'robot' pilot that your so proud of is laughable!
legs work well but the upper body pivoting from the waist to tilt the wing is like steering a car by moving the steering wheel across the dashboard.

love how the more he tries to prove himself the more he makes himself guilty
as i said before if hes happy with ripping off other peoples ideas and lying to himself and everyone that doesnt know better that he did it first then good luck to him.. i just feel very sorry for you my friend

MIA RC Trikes Microlights Ultralights Part 1 (13 min 53 sec)
Old Jul 05, 2012, 02:21 PM
Scarecow
UK
Joined Sep 2004
2,361 Posts
Mario was doing the exact same thing 10 years ago in the micro heli forums (and got himself repeatedly banned for spamming every thread with his own products). Apparently he invented micro heli's long before any of the succesful products came onto the market and they all copied his designs....and if anyone tried anything new, he'd already done it years ago.

Everybody who's been around here long enough know full well what he's like. Take the high ground Mark and ignore him. What you've done is really impressive.
HoverBovver is offline Find More Posts by HoverBovver
Old Jul 05, 2012, 03:34 PM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,576 Posts
thanks HoverBovver,
yeah ive blocked him on youtube now and hopefully wont have to have anything to do with him anymore,
just annoys me because i feel it takes away from what ive done over the past years and worked so hard to achieve but sounds like im not the only one he's done it to...

one thing mario is very good at is getting under peoples skin it seems!

ive got some exciting ideas for this microlight so im gonna work hard to make them a reality.. making sure i write down the dates i do them lol
Old Jul 07, 2012, 10:40 AM
Wolverhampton, England
Joined Jun 2010
346 Posts
Hi Mark

Still watching your progress on this...really like the susension ideas, top notch work once again.
I think you have come to the same conclusion as everone else about certain contributors....don't let people like that put you off.

Cheers
Rich
Ricardo1500 is offline Find More Posts by Ricardo1500
Old Jul 08, 2012, 04:28 AM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,576 Posts
thanks alot Rich,

na he wont put me off, Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery so for that i thank him

im going to be using this old trike as a nitro again, i still have the engine and all the mounts etc that i made before,
even the holes are in the frame to mount it to!
below are a few very old pics of when it was a nitro.

im hoping to have it running and ready to test next weekend

ill share the one wing between the nitro and the new electric trike im making but will eventually make a newer, better wing for them with smoother leading edge etc
Last edited by mark675; Jul 08, 2012 at 04:45 AM. Reason: added pics
Old Jul 10, 2012, 06:31 PM
Australia, VIC, Craigieburn
Joined Jul 2012
219 Posts
Love what you have done and watching with interest.
PM'd you Mark.
ritchie_laird is offline Find More Posts by ritchie_laird
Old Jul 11, 2012, 02:15 AM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,576 Posts
Thanks Ritchie ive pm'd u back

nitro trike is nearly done so if weathers ok ill have it testing the weekend!
cant wait
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:18 PM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,576 Posts
just had the engine started which was brilliant news cause its been sat in my spares box for about 3 years so i was expecting to have a few starting problems!

now just need this rain to go so i can test it

Nitro microlight engine test (2 min 2 sec)
Last edited by mark675; Jul 12, 2012 at 02:21 PM. Reason: added video
Old Jul 14, 2012, 05:40 PM
It was a GLITCH! Honestly!
Stourport on Severn ,Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2007
4,706 Posts
Hi Mark,
Looking good mate, keep up your excellent work and please don't let one person drag you down, he is learning too from your revolutionary work

I really want to have a go at one of these, its the wing that I would be interesting in knowing about? I just know diddly squat about these things! Do you sew it together? or just duct tape Is there an aerofoil or is it just a sheet of ripstop?

Regards

(stupid) Rich
SafeLandings is offline Find More Posts by SafeLandings
Old Jul 17, 2012, 02:55 PM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,576 Posts
Thanks rich,
na he wont drag me down he really does make me laugh (check out the video below)
think he best get used to looking at pictures of young attractive women cus i think hes past it really, dirty old man
lovely screen and 'fairing' isnt it? shame it looks like s
hes definately researching my videos very well but is now trying to twist it and say i copied him to his 'fans'

the wing wasnt sewn on this version Rich, the battens we're fastened using reinforced tape which is incredibly sticky and almost impossible to remove once put on!
i was worried about it coming unstuck over time but i shouldnt have worried!
the sail is ripstop material and has battens made from antenna tube with wire inside forming the leading edge aerofoil shape

***** I know you want it! ***** (2 min 21 sec)
Old Jul 18, 2012, 04:13 PM
It was a GLITCH! Honestly!
Stourport on Severn ,Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2007
4,706 Posts
Mark,
A sewing machine!!!, that would mean a trip to see 'mother'

I have to say I am quite surprised at that video, it takes me back 20 years when I was at school
Despite all of these childish videos I do think he does make a nice model, copies/ poor fliers they may be but they are well engineered, no one can dispute that. Its a crying shame as I am sure he may have played with these things years ago like he mentioned. Its just a shame he isn't able to share his knowledge like others do and tries to get credit from others work.

If we keep going on it will spoil your thread Mark, that may be the plan?

Keep up the good work.

Regards

Rich
SafeLandings is offline Find More Posts by SafeLandings
Old Jul 19, 2012, 04:36 AM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,576 Posts
Im shutting this thread down anyway Rich,

ive made alot of things in my life that im very proud of.. this probably being one of the ones im most pleased with,
ive never got into debates with old blokes over what is afterall just a toy microlight - im 30 not 13!
and am not stooping to his level cus it feels pathetic
the wonderful brave world of the 'faceless' internet warriors i suppose!

im going to carry on with my microlight and make it the best i can but it will be like it was before.. for my satisfaction and fun!
im seriously fast loosing interest in this project and i want to get it back!!
im not letting that idiot wreck this for me and am keeping my new things away from his prying eyes!

sorry to all the guys that have given me nice comments etc,
theres always one that wrecks it for all

im still available to help genuine people through email and pm's on here so ask away

back to my stress free life i go!

cheers
Last edited by mark675; Jul 19, 2012 at 04:47 AM.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 02:14 AM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,576 Posts
Ok guys im back
after a talk with the wife about being dissapointed i cant share my progress and things with people anymore she said just open it back up and dont bother talking about m#rio,
ive got pics,dates etc of things ive done so no point in arguing

reason i was desperate to share with you guys is because ive made huge progress with my microlight the last few days,
such a simple mod that ive had in mind for a while, its made it so controllable and so easy to fly that im flying in small areas and landing it on a concrete runway thats under 10ft wide!

it will climb now with none of stalling tendancys it had before and
also much easier to setup- none of this trimming forwards and backwards to find the 'sweet spot' it just flies perfect from the off,
it really has made that much difference!

rc microlight runway landings (4 min 23 sec)
Last edited by mark675; Jul 27, 2012 at 05:29 PM. Reason: adding video