SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 03, 2011, 08:06 AM
United States, MA, Rutland
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Question
Move rudder to right stick on parkzone 4ch [PKZ3341] transmitter

I was wondering if it's possible to program the transmitter that comes with many Parkzone RTF UMs so that the rudder controls the right stick when bound to an AR6400. The Ember2 seems to be set up that way, but it might be the way the brick is wired...

Is there a way to set the mode to 3CH or mode3?

Here's a link: http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ3341
Can't seem to find a manual online...I have seen the instructions in several UM aircraft manual on how to bind/reverse/dual rates, but nothing further.

Thanks,
sg
ScottGridley is offline Find More Posts by ScottGridley
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2011, 07:16 PM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,566 Posts
If you want to control rudder with right stick, plug your rudder to aileron channel of your receiver.

If TX has aileron - rudder mixing, use it.
John Kim is offline Find More Posts by John Kim
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 03, 2011, 08:21 PM
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Thx for the reply - using an AR6400 brick which has linear servos soldered to board, so I can't simply switch plugs. No obvious mixing either, however I'm hoping someone can tell me if that's possible with this unit.

Best,
sg
Old Dec 03, 2011, 08:36 PM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottGridley View Post
Thx for the reply - using an AR6400 brick which has linear servos soldered to board, so I can't simply switch plugs. No obvious mixing either, however I'm hoping someone can tell me if that's possible with this unit.

Best,
sg
Either stay within the design purpose of AR6400 brick or change radio.
John Kim is offline Find More Posts by John Kim
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 04, 2011, 12:07 AM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,269 Posts
Quote:
I was wondering if it's possible to program the transmitter that comes with many Parkzone RTF UMs so that the rudder controls the right stick when bound to an AR6400. The Ember2 seems to be set up that way, but it might be the way the brick is wired...

Is there a way to set the mode to 3CH or mode3?

Here's a link: http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ3341
Can't seem to find a manual online...I have seen the instructions in several UM aircraft manual on how to bind/reverse/dual rates, but nothing further.

Thanks,
sg
Yes it is possible. As I recall, there's a switch on the circuit board, that allows you to change a mode 2 transmitter to mode 4 (that's what you want, not mode 3). Mode 4 has the same arrangement for elevator and throttle as mode 2 but interchanges rudder and aileron.
http://www.rc-airplane-world.com/rc-...ter-modes.html

You'll probably have to open up the transmitter to find the switch.

What you can't do (without very great effort) is to switch a mode 2/4 transmitter to mode 1/3, because the two stick assemblies are physically different. You would have to unsolder the two assemblies and interchange them.

I hope this does what you need.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Dec 04, 2011, 06:19 AM
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
That's great advice! Let me crack the case and I'll post back...

Thanks!
Old Dec 04, 2011, 07:57 AM
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66 View Post
You'll probably have to open up the transmitter to find the switch.
No joy...

No switches! Some unjumped jumpers, but I'd need a technical specs sheet to know which does what.

Thanks though!
Old Dec 04, 2011, 08:14 AM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,269 Posts
What are the two switches in your picture? One is obviously power. The other? I haven't looked at one of these things for a year or so, but my recollection is that there was a switch like that (not accessible from the outside) and it controlled the mode 2/4 choice.
Old Dec 04, 2011, 08:17 AM
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
Mode 1 or mode 2...both of those are accessible from the outside.
Old Dec 04, 2011, 10:51 AM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,269 Posts
Quote:
Mode 1 or mode 2...both of those are accessible from the outside.
Then that's different from the one I had. Sorry to get your hopes up.
Old Dec 05, 2011, 08:12 AM
Joined Oct 2011
189 Posts
No worries! I'll figure something out.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 01:02 PM
What goes up . . . Damn trees!
Cotswolds, UK.
Joined Sep 2010
81 Posts
I was wondering exactly the same thing today so I could use my PZ transmitter for an AR6400 based Nutball and free up my DX6i. There appears to be no software solution to this, so I whipped out the soldering iron!

I'll be posting a full "how to" on this when I've written it up, but basically you cut the track between the pads in each of the yellow rectangles (see photo) and take wires to a double pole slide switch so you can swap over the source and destination of the signal. This is the slider of the pot for the ailerons and rudder. The mod works a treat, but Sod's law struck as I was coming down from the loft (where my workbench is) carrying too much at once and I cracked the Nutball rudder

I didn't need to with the Nutball, but you also have the option of servo reversing by programming the AR6400 - Instructions are in the AR6400 datasheet.

Andy.
AndyGadget is offline Find More Posts by AndyGadget
Last edited by AndyGadget; Jan 14, 2012 at 05:12 PM.