HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 29, 2003, 12:16 AM
Spritual Pilot
Silicon Valley, CA
Joined May 2001
677 Posts
Where can I get Carbon Fiber Blades ?

Does anybody know who carry a Hornet Carbon Fiber Blades for Fixed Pitch ? Helihobby shows 'out of stock' for several weeks, Aeromicro said 'out of stock' too.

Where can I get the blades ? I am looking for a replancement for my Hummingbird blades.

Thanks

JN
jnyoun is offline Find More Posts by jnyoun
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2003, 12:24 AM
Vancouver
Joined Apr 2002
1,175 Posts
http://www.deeteeenterprises.com/NS....nblades.FP.php
Sonic1 is online now Find More Posts by Sonic1
Old Sep 29, 2003, 06:37 PM
Oh No, not again!!!
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Sep 2003
554 Posts
Hi JN,
Try Alex at www.jutstar.com, I just got carbon tail and mains for my aero-hawk and the service was fast and he was about $6 cheaper than anyone else. You can also find him on e-bay.ca
Kim
elimsprint is offline Find More Posts by elimsprint
Old Sep 30, 2003, 08:15 PM
I see the future.
Halfmoon Bay, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
2,136 Posts
I just checked the Jutstar site and DeeTee. It seems the Jutstar blades were designed for the picollo, and have a funny counterbalance built in. The hornet blades are cheaper, but by the time I pay customs and the exchange, they will cost about the same.
Does anyone have experience with the jutstar blades? Which ones would be better for a HB?
One other question. DeeTee also has plastic blades for the hornet. They are slightly heavier, but not significantly. They are a lot less expensive. What are the tradeoffs in going with the plastic blades?

CO
Yukonho is offline Find More Posts by Yukonho
Old Sep 30, 2003, 10:50 PM
Oh No, not again!!!
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Sep 2003
554 Posts
Hi Yukonho,
I checked the helihobby website when I went to buy the carbon fibre blades and they listed the same blades for all of the micro helis and they sell all of them so I assumed that they would know what they were talking about. The carbon fibre are supposed to be better becase they are a lot stiffer, lighter is just a bonus as far as I can tell. I have yet to try mine as I am still waiting for a tail motor.
Kim
Old Sep 30, 2003, 11:33 PM
Annapolis, Md
Joined Jul 2003
331 Posts
I have not tried the MAH blades. I have tried the Hornet CF FP blades and they are awesome. You need to mount them from the top and get longer mounting screws. The screws diameter are 2.5mm.

The advantage of stiffer blades is that they will last longer and pay for themselves. The Hornet CF blades have less pitch than the stock blades. This results in a higher head speed which in turn results in a more stable heli. It is also better for FF flight and is easier to control in light winds. No tracking is required.
Gazoo is offline Find More Posts by Gazoo
Old Oct 01, 2003, 09:16 AM
Sweden
Joined Oct 2002
821 Posts
Helli Hobby Carbon fiber! get the tail blade too and dont forget the tail gear replacement to use the tailblade.
Mike-A is offline Find More Posts by Mike-A
Old Oct 02, 2003, 10:56 AM
I see the future.
Halfmoon Bay, BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
2,136 Posts
OK!!!
I am convinced that the helihobby ones are the way to go.
No one replied at all about the jutstar blades though, and I am curious. Anyone have any experience with them at all?
Yukonho is offline Find More Posts by Yukonho
Old Oct 02, 2003, 04:43 PM
Oh No, not again!!!
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Sep 2003
554 Posts
Yukonho,
I have the jutstar main and tail rotor blades. Have just tried them on my aero-hawk and they are great!!! With the stock plastic blades the tips lifted about 1.5 inches before the heli took off, with the jutstar MAH blades you can see little or no tip lift. The MAH are listed on the helihobby website for $58 us (they list them for all micro helis) and I got the mains and the tail rotor for the same price from jutstar ($78.60can) and Alex paid the shipping!!!! He is also a Canadian bussiness so no problems with shipping across the border. I don't know how they would be on your HB but my aero-hawk is basically a clone so they should be great.
Kim
PM me if you want more info
Old Oct 02, 2003, 05:07 PM
Annapolis, Md
Joined Jul 2003
331 Posts
Could you please post the length and width of the blades? Thanks.
Old Oct 02, 2003, 11:32 PM
Oh No, not again!!!
Canada, BC, Kelowna
Joined Sep 2003
554 Posts
Hi Gazoo,
They are the blades that are PART#HH1410 on the http://helihobby.com web site and are approximately 237mm (9 5/16 in) along the leading edge and taper with the little weighted end as per the picture on the above website. Hope that helps.
Kim
Old Oct 03, 2003, 12:01 AM
Annapolis, Md
Joined Jul 2003
331 Posts
Thanks. Not sure what I am going to order but that does help. I had the Hornet CF FP blades but one of them broke right at the root. But the performance was awesome. I would think that the MAH blades perform the same.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 09:15 AM View Post
marcolong2005
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). It is temporarily hidden while marcolong2005 edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Sep 11, 2008, 09:22 AM
Fish? Practice catch & release
South Africa
Joined Jan 2008
246 Posts
5 year old thread... gotta love it!
Infms is offline Find More Posts by Infms
Old Sep 11, 2008, 11:35 AM
Idle up!
USA, VT
Joined Nov 2004
5,802 Posts