HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2011, 11:33 AM
Joined Nov 2008
196 Posts
Discussion
setting up a giant for the first time

Alright guys, this Sunday, I'm picking up a TOC Xtreme Extra 260 30%.
It comes with all the servos, 3w 75, and I'll be picking up a Futaba 7c 2.4 radio with it.
My question right now is, how should I setup the battery packs? I wanted to do dual packs o. The reciever, and it already has 2 switches.
So, how do the 2 go in, do I y-harness them both to one slot, or put each one in a separate slot?
Will doing this keep the voltage the same?
Planning on running 2 Life, or A123 batteries.

Any other tips I should know that are drastically different from standard setup?

I'm familiar with running multiples for the ailerons, but what channels should I use for dual elevated servos? (1 each stab) 2 and5?

Thanks guys
Airplanedude is offline Find More Posts by Airplanedude
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2011, 11:18 PM
Joined Oct 2011
372 Posts
One battery will go into the Battery slot on your RX and the other in any open slot. Using a Y is not a good idea as you will be trying to feed all that current through one connector. I'm not familiar with Futaba but I'm sure it has provisions for a dual servo setup on elevator. If you use anything other then the intended mix, your elevator trim may only work one servo. Check the manual or do a search for setting up dual ele for your particular TX

I actually found this pretty quick on the Futaba support page. I'm surprised it dosen't function better then this.

I am using a mix for Dual Elevator, but cannot figure out how to trim out my left elevator. If I use the trim button, it will of course trim my right elevator, but I get nothing from the left one. Is there some way around this?

Unfortunately, no, there is no way to set this up. While based in looks and style on the 9C it does not have all of capabilities of the 9C. To be able to trim your second elevator servo, we would suggest first that you of course do this by hand at the control surface, but if you still need to do a little more trimming you may of course go into your sub-trim menu to make further adjustments. But if you are wanting to trim in flight, you will need to purchase a Synchronizer.

Back to main FAQ/Contact Info page
exf3bguy is offline Find More Posts by exf3bguy
Old Dec 05, 2011, 11:28 AM
Joined Nov 2008
196 Posts
Would it make sense to use a Y-Harness for the elevators then?
I've done that with a smaller funtana, but is it a good idea on a bigger craft?
Airplanedude is offline Find More Posts by Airplanedude
Old Dec 06, 2011, 12:13 AM
United States, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Apr 2005
110 Posts
Go to the Futaba support web site and choose the trans your going to use and look for how to set up dual elevators. I'm not familiar with the 7C but it is easy with the 10C. Once you've set it up you will have the ability to set it up on more advance planes. You can trim both elevators at the same time when both are linked. Also, you may find a publication for mixing and using Futaba computer transmitters. Ann Marie Cross published two (not sure if it covers the 7C). She explains set ups in a more easy to understand way than the manual.
You'll figure it out, just takes time. Good luck!
rica1 is offline Find More Posts by rica1