HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2011, 02:05 PM
United States, CA, San Marino
Joined Jun 2003
62 Posts
Discussion
N-Tech Jets Panther F9F

Anyone know who N-Tech is? Looks like Global Hobby will be carrying more of these jets (Mig-15 next).

N-Tech Jets Panther F9F
gauchers is offline Find More Posts by gauchers
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2011, 02:36 PM
Joined Jun 2007
22 Posts
Pretty steep price at 1299.99 with retracts and struts.
NHjets is online now Find More Posts by NHjets
Old Dec 01, 2011, 03:41 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,537 Posts
thats going to be sold through hobby people....looks like the got it worked out pretty nice! i flew one of the pre production models a couple years ago, and man, its a sweetie.
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Dec 01, 2011, 05:29 PM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
7,922 Posts
Problem for me it that it is plastic not fiberglass. Very difficult to repair damage to the skin.
Bob
bruff is online now Find More Posts by bruff
Old Dec 01, 2011, 11:00 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,506 Posts
HP site shows out of stock
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Dec 02, 2011, 02:11 AM
Keep building, buying,fly
Suffolk, In the UK
Joined May 2004
2,608 Posts
That is an ASM Panther it has been around for ages

Dennis
Bigplumbs is offline Find More Posts by Bigplumbs
Old Dec 02, 2011, 10:20 AM
San Diego, California, United States
Joined Feb 2002
2,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigplumbs View Post
That is an ASM Panther it has been around for ages

Dennis
Maybe around, but not really available. You could really only get them from a dealer in australia. We evaluated the original asm panther a few years back and there were a few improvements required before HP (and ripmax) would be willing to bring them in. Looks like they got those issues sorted. The one we had was a really sweet flyer!

Chris
JetMang is offline Find More Posts by JetMang
Old Dec 02, 2011, 05:06 PM
United States, CA, San Marino
Joined Jun 2003
62 Posts
I like how fuselage splits into 2 parts for transport. That's pretty slick.
gauchers is offline Find More Posts by gauchers
Old Dec 09, 2011, 12:02 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,229 Posts
It's different than the ASM Panther, I know, I built three of them, still have one left.

The price I paid for the ASM Panther from AU is the same as HP, but mine didn't include anything but the airframe, so the HP price is not so bad.

After looking at the video I did notice some changes in the design and I suspect that Jet Hangar Hobbies had some influence in this design, they wanted more of a scale look. (personally, I think is looks fat and short)

HP is suggesting a 120mm EDF and 12S, that would be a good setup. Mine flies on a Tamjets 100mm fan and 10S. But I had to make an adapter in order to get the ducts down to the 100mm size.

The specs say split fuse for transport, nah, not need, just remove the wings.

Can't wait, I really would like to do another F9F that is already setup for the factory retracts and struts.
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Dec 09, 2011, 12:19 PM
The Greater Bay Area
Joined Sep 2008
3,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN View Post
It's different than the ASM Panther, I know, I built three of them, still have one left.

The price I paid for the ASM Panther from AU is the same as HP, but mine didn't include anything but the airframe, so the HP price is not so bad.

After looking at the video I did notice some changes in the design and I suspect that Jet Hangar Hobbies had some influence in this design, they wanted more of a scale look. (personally, I think is looks fat and short)

HP is suggesting a 120mm EDF and 12S, that would be a good setup. Mine flies on a Tamjets 100mm fan and 10S. But I had to make an adapter in order to get the ducts down to the 100mm size.

The specs say split fuse for transport, nah, not need, just remove the wings.

Can't wait, I really would like to do another F9F that is already setup for the factory retracts and struts.
Al it's the same kit, Neil already said it was going to change in color scheme on that Mig-15 build thread i was doing months ago

Hi Guys,

I am from Model Engines, we are the only importer of the Panther & Mig in the World. ASM is a product range that belongs to Model Engines (Australia) Ripmax (U.K) & Hobby People (USA).

The Panther & the Mig did not appeal to the people at Ripmax & Hobby People for whatever reasons. This left Model Engines as the only one who wanted to go ahead with them. As the ASM brand was only for the 3 companies, we could not use the ASM brand, so it was called Awesome R/C.

It all started off as something local to Australia & has become far bigger than we anticipated with the growing popularity of big EDF's. We are now looking at better distibution set ups for these models worldwide and this can take some time as does the production of the kits. But the priority remains with the existing ASM shareholders, Ripmax & Hobby People.

The value of these kits are very important, they are marketed at the people who want a great flying model at a budget price. They dont pretend to be up there with the big dollar value jets & certainly dont have the detail. It is not realistic to ship the kits from China to Australia & then to various ports worldwide. The value of the kits will become too high & with that the expectations of the kits will also become higher.

For what its worth, Marvin bought his from Worldhobbies.com which is Model Engines Retail outlet for a small range of products, SCALEFAN got his from Monaro Hobbies in Canberra. (one of Model Engines Customers)

I hope this clears up any misconceptions.

Neil Addicott.
FlyBoyTha1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyBoyTha1
Old Dec 09, 2011, 02:52 PM
Keep building, buying,fly
Suffolk, In the UK
Joined May 2004
2,608 Posts
Neil

I have been interested in buying one of these Panthers in the UK for quite some time. Do you know if Ripmax is going to distribute them. I guess it is Colin Strauss that has to be convinced

Dennis
Bigplumbs is offline Find More Posts by Bigplumbs
Old Dec 09, 2011, 06:33 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,229 Posts
Marvin,

It is not exactly the same kit, this one has some changes. It might have started as the exact kit, but this one has a two part fuse that can be split.

There may be some other minor changes also.

Did you ever finish yours?
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN
Old Dec 09, 2011, 06:53 PM
The Greater Bay Area
Joined Sep 2008
3,868 Posts
Al, your miss read when it says split fuse there talking about the wings man not the fuse itself comes apart lol your kill'n me with even thinking that. Think about it if the fuse was split you would have to remove the fan everytime (2) piece meaning wings & fuse.

Yes I've finished it a while ago check the build thread you started there's 3 flight video's there.
FlyBoyTha1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyBoyTha1
Last edited by FlyBoyTha1; Dec 09, 2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old Dec 09, 2011, 07:03 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,506 Posts
if they do the Mig in red ...it will be hard to choose which one to get.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 02:21 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,506 Posts
any news on this one yet ?