HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2012, 09:15 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Actually the ulink clone I'm getting claims to be 50Mhz... We'll see how it goes, lo..
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2012, 09:47 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
2,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
Actually the ulink clone I'm getting claims to be 50Mhz... We'll see how it goes, lo..
That'll be because yours is a clone of a ULINK Pro originally worth about $1500
HappySundays is offline Find More Posts by HappySundays
Old Feb 12, 2012, 02:18 AM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,517 Posts
So, i see STM32 platform is still for mcu experts. I am not. Sorry.

Thanks for the feedback,
manu
PS:but still hope i could get my hands on it.
alll is online now Find More Posts by alll
Old Feb 12, 2012, 05:56 AM
Deutschland, HB, Bremen
Joined Dec 2008
247 Posts
pid parameter optimized for 330 + 500 mm frame (from china pilot)
to the test with no guarantees!

" this parameter make your copter more stable "

FF V1.3, which is the difference, color ?
snapper1234 is offline Find More Posts by snapper1234
Last edited by snapper1234; Feb 12, 2012 at 08:05 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 11:18 AM
Joined Jul 2011
223 Posts
guys im thinking on getting this board. Is there anyone on europe who has a extra i can buy?(i dont want to wait 4 weeks for china postage) also is this board better than the crius? in terms of autoleveling etc..
abriosi is offline Find More Posts by abriosi
Old Feb 12, 2012, 01:11 PM
Forli, Italy
Joined Dec 2001
242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abriosi View Post
i dont want to wait 4 weeks for china postage...
From GLB you can choose DHL. It will arrive in 5-7days ( at least in Italy). Of course it's not cheaper as airmail but if you can't wait...
anfarol is offline Find More Posts by anfarol
Old Feb 12, 2012, 01:23 PM
Joined Mar 2011
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abriosi View Post
guys im thinking on getting this board. Is there anyone on europe who has a extra i can buy?(i dont want to wait 4 weeks for china postage) also is this board better than the crius? in terms of autoleveling etc..
I have one brand new still in the bag.
Send PM or email.

Geotete
geotete is offline Find More Posts by geotete
Old Feb 12, 2012, 03:01 PM
Joined Sep 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays View Post
That'll be because yours is a clone of a ULINK Pro originally worth about $1500
Any hints which of these clones you guys bought and are using successfully? I see several on Ebay, but I'm just wary ordering something from unknown seller in China. So it's great if you guys had success stories to tell!
javemtr is offline Find More Posts by javemtr
Old Feb 12, 2012, 04:47 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper1234 View Post
FF V1.3, which is the difference, color ?
Maybe they fixed i2c pullups, 12v going into mcu, added front arrow, besides that I don't see anything diff.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 04:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by javemtr View Post
Any hints which of these clones you guys bought and are using successfully? I see several on Ebay, but I'm just wary ordering something from unknown seller in China. So it's great if you guys had success stories to tell!
I bought both from powermcu.com and so did several other people I referred to them.
Just chat the seller guy on Skype, and he ships stuff out same/ next day from HK.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 07:57 PM
Deutschland, HB, Bremen
Joined Dec 2008
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
Maybe they fixed i2c pullups, 12v going into mcu, added front arrow, besides that I don't see anything diff.
no i2c pullups, no other changes, only the color is different !
snapper1234 is offline Find More Posts by snapper1234
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:08 PM
Joined Feb 2012
41 Posts
FF board X400 vs DJI F450

Hello ALL,

I am new to the quad helis, although I have been reading everything I can about these. I decided to bite the bullet and get an ARF from goodluckbuy.com.

Does anyone have a recently purchased X400 with FF board?

Is the firmware stable with the controllers from GLB?

What ARF configuration is a good starter? X400 or DJI F450?

Thanks!
Nick
macgman2000 is offline Find More Posts by macgman2000
Old Feb 13, 2012, 07:30 AM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
711 Posts
@timecop,

Are you going to be making your cloned/improved Free flight FF available for sale in the future, if so put me on the list.

Ray
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:31 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
16,593 Posts
Quote:
OK, before I changed my pull-up resistors I had a look and the actual SCL, SDA signals were pretty good and at what looked like 400kHz. That was surprising.
But what was much more suprising were the enormous glitches I was seeing on the i2c lines on power-up. I swear I was occasionally seeing close to 12V on those lines that quickly settled to 3.3V. Insane.
So, I looked at the 3.3V line itself (at the SWD connector) and occasionally saw this hideous harbinger of doom...

I think this is why some FF boards detonate. Nothing to do with ESD.
It's a miracle my board works at all. That's 11.3V for almost 20ms. WTH?

@TC - you say you removed your PSU components, but if so, did you replace them with a 3V3 linear regulator from the 5V supply? After seeing those spikes it sounds a good plan. No luck with either version of software though.
Edit: Scrub that - I see that the switchmode goes to 5V, then a linear to 3.3V...So how does a huge spike make it to 3V3?
Quote:
Yes that's what I have now done. My board now runs from an ESC as per normal. Unfortunately while the FF code seems to run in its GUI, your code doesn't. Having said that, the FF GUI doesn't show gyros so who knows if its working.
I updated to V1.24 and following the latest docs to calibrate RC and arm but while the stick throws are fine in the FF GUI, it just refuses to arm with the stick positions shown in the doc.... This is getting rapidly frustrating.
This issue put a lock on my finger as I was about to order one of the FF boards! It kind of got resolved by powering the FF board from the ESC BEC(S). So is this condition an issue with all the FF boards? How can a spike like that get through a 5V switching regulator AND a 3.3V regulator? And if the combination of the switching/linear regulators on this board is that bad, is it reasonable to expect the voltage regulation on a $10-$15 ESC or external switching BEC to be any better?

Assuming it's best advice to NOT use the onboard power supply, can you tell me the current draw of just the FF board?
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Feb 13, 2012 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Deleted last paragraph... found answers in FAQs
Old Feb 13, 2012, 01:03 PM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Maitland
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
so timecop just made his own board? lol!
chatch15117 is offline Find More Posts by chatch15117