HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:42 AM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,406 Posts
Ok guys I got everything hookd up, got it to read on the computer, but in rc calibration first page, I hit rc and it does nothing. but it is reading the sensors and the numbers to the right are moving but the sliders are not. also when I didconect from the pc I cycle the quad, turn it on and I get red for a second then blue on solid. if I switch ch 5 the green comes on and stays on no matter if i flip the switch or not. what am I doing wrong? Help Please...
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:43 AM
United States, TN, Brentwood
Joined Oct 2010
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
is nsfboy one of the devs? if so, request:

how about implementing PPM input? Mode-2 only is ok, roll/pitch/throttle/yaw.
plz make it so ch1 input = PPM (as a setting in groundstation/firmware)

EDIT: I was bored of fighting with sidneyw so I spent a few minutes of my worthless time and cloned FreeFlight. You saw that coming, right?

I kept all the stuff same according to the schematic posted earlier, but made it 36x36mm, dumped gigantic switching reg + caps and added onboard USB and mag (there does seem to exist a mag breakout board for freeflight, so maybe software will come soon)?

Aaaanyways.

Now I can actually put this thing into my quad, I couldn't look at the hideous black PCB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUERGEN_ View Post
The new MWC-Platform?
Ha ha! This is great news! I want one!!

And to Juergen's point - Will your version run your STM port of MWC? Also, will it run CC?

Anyway - I want one!
DroneBuilder is offline Find More Posts by DroneBuilder
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:51 AM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,406 Posts
Ok got the sliders to move in the program, but still nothing when i try to arm the motors after I dissconnect from the pc, I recycle everything (disconect the battery) and I get solid blue. and if i flip the switch I get green and blue and the green will not go away . and I tried the lock and unlock and nothing, I tried the motor arming and nothing.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:53 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Deutschland
Joined Nov 2009
660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
Now I can actually put this thing into my quad, I couldn't look at the hideous black PCB.
so nice
in light-green

Anyway - I want one!

and remove the
- Free Flight Clone -

put MWC-NG here.
JUERGEN_ is offline Find More Posts by JUERGEN_
Last edited by JUERGEN_; Jan 28, 2012 at 10:58 AM.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:09 AM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,406 Posts
Anyone???
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:14 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Is your receiver getting power?
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:26 AM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,406 Posts
Yep. I am following the instructions. now I am running the firmware that was on the board that it came with. and the pc program is 1.0.7 should I goto 1.0.5 everything is reading and working in the program. I can get the motors to work and all. but when I disconect and recycle power, I get blue light red for 3 flases and a beep. and then just blue light. and I try the calibration nothing happens,. and I try motor start and nothing happens. reciever has light on too.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:28 AM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,406 Posts
I am using a futaba radio. should I reverse any of the channels?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:29 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Calibration takes up to 30? seconds. You should not move the board at that time.
Unsure about channel reversing, maybe someone else can help.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:34 AM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,406 Posts
also in the program I hit the imu tab, and it looks like it switched from 1.22 to 1.24 least that is what the version says now I am getting confused.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 11:40 AM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,406 Posts
am I suppoesd to pull the 5th channel cable after I calibrate the board?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:09 PM
United States, TN, Brentwood
Joined Oct 2010
563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
Ok got the sliders to move in the program, but still nothing when i try to arm the motors after I dissconnect from the pc, I recycle everything (disconect the battery) and I get solid blue. and if i flip the switch I get green and blue and the green will not go away . and I tried the lock and unlock and nothing, I tried the motor arming and nothing.
TC3 - You mention that you are flying 1.24.

Despite it being littered throughout this thread, it took me a while to figure out that if I want to arms the motors (after I loaded v1.24) then you have to pull the sticks to the bottom and opposite corners.

That is, throttle low/yaw left and pitch back/roll right.

Also, did you calibrate all four of your ESC's (individually) to set throttle range?

Lastly, you say that the green LED will not go away. Make sure that you don't have anything going on with Channel 5. That is, either disconnect it physically from the board/RX, or at least make sure it is OFF.

I had a similar problem with Radio Calibration - the GREEN LIGHT would not go away after I switched my GEAR switch back down. The TRICK to making the green light go away is to make sure that the throttle stick is HIGH at the end of the radio calibration process. (Well, it has to be high for calibration of 1.24.)

Needless to say, the 'english manual' could use a little help. In fact, I think I'll edit it. . . . Done. Attached. Good luck.
DroneBuilder is offline Find More Posts by DroneBuilder
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:15 PM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
am I suppoesd to pull the 5th channel cable after I calibrate the board?
I just move it to the sixth channel then it becomes my mode change switch.
Its not advisable to leave it connected to the fifth channel.

Ray
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:31 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,406 Posts
Ok I got it to work, It was that I needed to use both sticks to arm and disarm. now I am going to read up on the yaw thing. it goes to the left ine but hesitates to the right and sometimes takes awhile and sometinmes it works ok. but other then that snhe is flying fine. need to adjust the pid's she is a little shakey but not bad.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:48 PM
Joined Mar 2011
28 Posts
trouble ?!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjO5kTbhwKU

Hello, i fly with free flight ff with 4 lipo and i get trouble in this condition ! It's like their is too much "gain" and the quad is swinging ! Can you explain me how to fix that with PID and tell me what is the value i need to change ?!

Thanks so much your help
Cheers,
Quentin
quentusthetroll is offline Find More Posts by quentusthetroll