HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 24, 2012, 08:21 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
2,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by navihawk View Post
so i use the radio to get all the sliders to the left, and hit save?
Which manual are you guys reading!? Are you using the more-or-less corrected manual on the first post of this thread, or something else? I can see nothing in my manual that even hints at moving sliders and clicking save... What are you trying to do?
HappySundays is offline Find More Posts by HappySundays
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2012, 08:38 PM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2006
424 Posts
The one on page 28, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=419
navihawk is online now Find More Posts by navihawk
Old Jan 24, 2012, 08:40 PM
Joined Mar 2011
28 Posts
Quote:
so i use the radio to get all the sliders to the left, and hit save?
hum, what do you want to do exactly ?? To use the softwar, connect the lipo to your board, turn on the radio, connect the board to usb interface, click on "open" ! that's all !
If you want calibrate stick : click on "calibration RC" and move stick in every direction ! when it's finish click again on the same "calibration RC !
quentusthetroll is offline Find More Posts by quentusthetroll
Old Jan 24, 2012, 08:47 PM
Joined Nov 2006
424 Posts
Page 3,step 3,on the manual on first page of this thread,also on manual found on page 28 of thread
Old Jan 24, 2012, 08:50 PM
Joined Nov 2006
424 Posts
Im just confused because it says in the manual,and shows in the picture to put all the slider to the left,but it looks to me like thos sliders are to show stick position when you move a controll on the transmitter
Old Jan 24, 2012, 08:57 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
2,957 Posts
Quote:
Im just confused because it says in the manual,and shows in the picture to put all the slider to the left,but it looks to me like thos sliders are to show stick position when you move a controll on the transmitter
....it doesn't say anything about moving the sliders on Page 3 Step 3... it just happens to show them at the left. Ignore completely that thing on page 28 as it is rubbish.
On Step 3 Page3, it simply tells you how to change settings. That's all. There are a number of tabs and sliders to change throughout the program, but that picture shows the first RC input page, which just mirors your transmitter.

So in summary, you've misunderstood the manual. Throw away that other manual and just use the one on the first post. Forget the sliders.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 08:58 PM
Joined Nov 2006
424 Posts
Guess what I am trying to find is if there is a way to adjust the sensitivity of the board,like gain pots on boards with gyros,to make it more stable
Old Jan 24, 2012, 10:08 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
2,957 Posts
Quote:
Guess what I am trying to find is if there is a way to adjust the sensitivity of the board,like gain pots on boards with gyros,to make it more stable
OK, what you need is the other piece of software, the PID value adjuster (somewhere in this thread) which allows that. It's not very user friendly, so use at your peril
Old Jan 24, 2012, 10:14 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,538 Posts
Hi NH,
Go to the thread search menu above and put in PID. A Gent named Snapper1234 has posted English versions of the PID utility. Also use the PID utility versions that your ZN si showing in the bottom of the window. EDIT: I found 20 seconds to do it for you see below...

@ Chris,
Please post those in your first post
* Edit:
-- FF PID v1.22
-- FF PID v1.24
and also:
--FF PID Adjustments 101
--FF yaw issues and mechanical neutral stability setup 101
--Multicopter Mechanical Dynamic Neutral Stability setup 101

Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
Quote:
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Jan 24, 2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 03:51 AM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Nov 2002
814 Posts
Lazyzero has now added Mike's esc calibration hex to the KK flashtool to make it easier for people to use his firmware for esc calibration, you can download the flashtool here
http://lazyzero.de/en/modellbau/kkmulticopterflashtool
Gaza07 is offline Find More Posts by Gaza07
Old Jan 25, 2012, 04:10 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2010
1,237 Posts
Hi,
I am trying to post a request to the product forum on GLB site but when I submit my post, it does nothing. I do not see my posts there. If anyone is able to post there or knows contact to manufacturer/developer, I would like to request some things:

1. manual pitch adjust of PTZ (camera gimbal) via channel 7 is not working
2. support of more configs, like tricopter or hexa
3. version with baro sensor and altitude hold - as good as Naza
4. include PID settings in the basic PC application
5. remove 3D mode and simply make it acro (without auto level)
6. user friendly firmware updater

This is all I am missing now. If that would be done than this is as good as Naza for half price.

Thanks!
alek3d is offline Find More Posts by alek3d
Old Jan 25, 2012, 05:43 AM
Belle Chasse Southern, Louisiana, United States
Joined Apr 2002
877 Posts
What were the changes in the newest firmware? Is it worth upgrading?
Flyingfool is offline Find More Posts by Flyingfool
Old Jan 25, 2012, 05:59 AM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingfool View Post
What were the changes in the newest firmware? Is it worth upgrading?
I went with v1.4 mainly because the arming and disarming are more secure i.e its almost impossible to accidently disarm the FCB. Also at that time the PID tool was in english wheras the v1.22 was still in Chinese(its in english now)
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Old Jan 25, 2012, 06:10 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2010
1,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteturbo View Post
I went with v1.4 mainly because the arming and disarming are more secure i.e its almost impossible to accidently disarm the FCB. Also at that time the PID tool was in english wheras the v1.22 was still in Chinese(its in english now)
Can you please test if manual pitch adjust of the camera mount is working in 1.24? You can test it just using two servos connected to CH1 and CH2 outputs from the board. Then enable PTZ in PC app. Now, when you power up the board and you move it, the two servos should move too because they try to stabilize the camera.

To test manual adjust try connecting spare channel of your receiver to CH7 input of the board. Also map a knob in your TX to that spare channel so that when you turn it, it changes proportionally the signal going into CH7 of the board inputs. I believe this is how it is supposed to work, but it does not in my version 1.22. Thanks!
alek3d is offline Find More Posts by alek3d
Old Jan 25, 2012, 06:54 AM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alek3d View Post
Can you please test if manual pitch adjust of the camera mount is working in 1.24? You can test it just using two servos connected to CH1 and CH2 outputs from the board. Then enable PTZ in PC app. Now, when you power up the board and you move it, the two servos should move too because they try to stabilize the camera.

To test manual adjust try connecting spare channel of your receiver to CH7 input of the board. Also map a knob in your TX to that spare channel so that when you turn it, it changes proportionally the signal going into CH7 of the board inputs. I believe this is how it is supposed to work, but it does not in my version 1.22. Thanks!
would love to except i am fresh out of servo's sorry!
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo