HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2012, 02:57 AM
NFI
Australia, NT, Darwin
Joined Oct 2011
20 Posts
Ok mine came today, first board, first build. Looks like a few of these are getting around now.
Hopefully it works, my motors and esc's haven't arrived yet so will have to wait to see.

Thanks for all the usefull info on this thread.
bigmac_71 is offline Find More Posts by bigmac_71
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:22 AM
Joined Sep 2004
25 Posts
So easy to fly :
Classic car meeting (2 min 27 sec)
igalr is offline Find More Posts by igalr
Old Jan 20, 2012, 02:07 PM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2010
1,221 Posts
Guys, today I made a housing for my board because I had problem flying the quad in cold weather. I used foam material and it is about 1.5 cm thick, it completely covers the board from each side. I was hoping to keep the board warm enough so the sensors do not drift when they get cold. It is not so cold tonight, about zero or +1°C, but it flew like heaven, sooo good, sooo smooth. I flew one battery (about 10 mins) and it did not change it's qualities. It just floats around

Tomorrow I will shoot some video with stabilized camera mount if the weather allows me so. I am so happy I can now fly my quad!
alek3d is offline Find More Posts by alek3d
Old Jan 20, 2012, 04:12 PM
The Netherlands, LI, Venray
Joined Dec 2008
1,394 Posts
received after 3 weeks the FF board with version 1.22, needed to install FFdriver on vista ( i thought it was only required for Xp).
I have Spektrum DX6i , all channels set to normal.
working with the GUI went well , needed sometimes to restart the GUI and reconnect the USB ,
because when i changed something in System settings GUI went weird , all items where flashing on and off.

I have a problem, after calibration procedure i can arm the board
- power on
- full throttle, left rudder ( led flash one time) ,
- right rudder ( led flash one time) ,
- throttle minimum , right rudder ( led flash one time) and stays off , only red led is on.
When i put rudder left it will disarm with throttle low, and again rudder right it will arm again.

When i give a bit throttle about 15% and move rudder left it will disarm.
When i give throttle about 20% and move rudder to left it will not disarm,
is this normal?, i thought disarm should work only at minimum throttle.

props are still not mounted yet
jaccies is offline Find More Posts by jaccies
Last edited by jaccies; Jan 20, 2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 04:22 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alek3d View Post
Guys, today I made a housing for my board because I had problem flying the quad in cold weather. I used foam material and it is about 1.5 cm thick, it completely covers the board from each side. I was hoping to keep the board warm enough so the sensors do not drift when they get cold. It is not so cold tonight, about zero or +1°C, but it flew like heaven, sooo good, sooo smooth. I flew one battery (about 10 mins) and it did not change it's qualities. It just floats around

Tomorrow I will shoot some video with stabilized camera mount if the weather allows me so. I am so happy I can now fly my quad!
good solution, or use a box with heating in it which holds the box on constant temperature ( like some do with a lipo box)
Old Jan 20, 2012, 04:35 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,463 Posts
Alek,
Good idea. The Vreg inside your isolated cover probably heats it up a bit too
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by alek3d View Post

jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:03 PM
Spain, CN
Joined Dec 2011
298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies View Post

When i give a bit throttle about 15% and move rudder left it will disarm.
When i give throttle about 20% and move rudder to left it will not disarm,
is this normal?, i thought disarm should work only at minimum throttle.

props are still not mounted yet
Yes it´s normal, It happened a few times here.... but the truth is that in real live once you´ll get confident with your setup you´ll never start your flight with less than 15% of throttle, so it´s not a real problem.
apejovic is online now Find More Posts by apejovic
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:23 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apejovic View Post
Yes it´s normal, It happened a few times here.... but the truth is that in real live once you´ll get confident with your setup you´ll never start your flight with less than 15% of throttle, so it´s not a real problem.
thanks for answer,
other question , why are the values of sticks ( except throttle ) not zero after calibration ?
Old Jan 20, 2012, 07:07 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,463 Posts
J,
Are you sure you had no trim or subtrim set before you did the IMU calibration and that your multicopter was perfectly level? My values are at zero for pitch, roll and yaw and I set -5 for the throttle. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=611
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
Quote:
thanks for answer,
other question , why are the values of sticks ( except throttle ) not zero after calibration ?
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Jan 20, 2012, 07:43 PM
Spain, CN
Joined Dec 2011
298 Posts
Quote:
thanks for answer,
Was the receiver ON when you took that screenshot?
apejovic is online now Find More Posts by apejovic
Old Jan 21, 2012, 12:59 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Exactly the same problem (up to +/-30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Are you sure you had no trim or subtrim set before you did the IMU calibration and that your multicopter was perfectly level
Don't know about jaccies, but mine are trimmed to zero (i'm sure because i deleted and recreated model in RX memory, and didn't touch trims at all)
Quote:
Originally Posted by apejovic View Post
Was the receiver ON when you took that screenshot?
Again, maybe jaccies will tell something else, but mine was ON.

I feel that GUI does not change mid-points at all. You can re-calibrate n times, but they still in the same pos.
ABLomas is offline Find More Posts by ABLomas
Old Jan 21, 2012, 01:56 AM
Chris, heliaddiction confirmed
Australia, NSW, Orange
Joined May 2010
23 Posts
Hi guys.. I have jusr received my new FF ARF kit (the DJI Frame ONE) after having lost my first one flying too far away.. got it lost in the long grass,, and never found it ...yet!!

I have assembled this one, and the FF gui seems to work fine, in that ir responds with no hangs or othe rissues.. and the RC Calibration seems ot be fine, as is the IMU calibration..
The graph on the screen if the sensors seems to work fine.. and I had the unit very levle before the IMU calibration..

I know how to ARM the unit. but it just does not arm.

have tried all of the following..

1. confirmed the correct direction of the rudder and throttle channels in my Dx7 ( alos,, should be same as the previous FF board, which was arming and flying fine before I lost it.)
2. the 3D mode switch works fine, and can switch it on an off (red leb at least responds !!)
4. Calibration mode also works fine..
5. Have calibrated and programmes each ESC individually, and thay all respond and spin up fine.. ALL ESC's beep appropiately and correctly on power up.
6. The Ff board also flashes and beeps corectly...

Arm SEquence does not work.. I even tried pushing the throttle to max using end-points and also Rudder to max end-points.. in case not reaching enough "FULL" in Th or RUD !!

very frustrating.. as I am sure I have not got any wiring wrong. I have double and triple checked.. all motors work fine using the GUI..

anyone got any ideas on what I could try next ??

I have noticed that I can get a Green led flash and short beep with TH LOW, RUDDER LEFT and AIL and ELE LOW and LEFT, and a single flash and longer beep with the above but with AIL fuLl RIGHT.. however it does not seem to do anything that I can see... and still will not ARM..
chansen1953 is offline Find More Posts by chansen1953
Old Jan 21, 2012, 02:18 AM
Chris, heliaddiction confirmed
Australia, NSW, Orange
Joined May 2010
23 Posts
ok, now it looks like I have really screwed it up !!1

I tried to update the firmware in case that was the WILL NOT ARM" problem.

I don't really know what I am doing.. but the flash loader seems to work ok.
I first saved the current 64k contents of the device to a "old_save.s19" ( the flash utility seemed to suggest that I use this extension..

I then unzipped the latest dated firmware --> fly_122c.hex

I then loaded this hex file.. and then restarted the FF board..

now it does nothing except the Blue LED comes on.. no beeps, no flashes of the green light.. it does not respond anymore to the GUI , it apears dead.. other than the blue power led.

I then went and re-loaded the "old_version.s19" file that I saved.. and restarted agian.. now it is is still the same--ie appears to be dead..

Can anybody help.. what did I do wrong... is there something different between the s19 files and the hex files ???

have I killed the FF board ??
chansen1953 is offline Find More Posts by chansen1953
Old Jan 21, 2012, 02:25 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Unless you followed the flash manual exactly and unchecked "erase only necessary pages" checkbox in flashtool, yes.
Scroll back a few pages and see a (temporary) solution for that. You will be stuck with whatever firmware I patched last though.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 21, 2012, 02:47 AM
I don't speak German ....Yet !
Germany, Baden-Württemberg, Weissach im Tal
Joined Dec 2010
774 Posts
So TC did you get your board already ?
GrootWitBaas is offline Find More Posts by GrootWitBaas