SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 18, 2012, 05:58 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2010
1,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
Hi guys just wanted to report that I got the board armed after some magic sequence with the stick. Did my first test flight. The copter seems To want to move to the right and when I add throttle it swing to the right like crazy. Will do more testing and get the platform stabilised. Will update as I make progress.
Did you perform IMU calibration? You need to get the board leveled, I do it with spirit level. Then in PC app hit IMU calibration button, it takes about 40 seconds, do not touch the quad/board, it has to be still.
alek3d is offline Find More Posts by alek3d
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2012, 06:57 AM
Joined Jan 2012
6 Posts
Hi alek, yes I did the imu cal but I think I will need to re do it again. I will use your method it makes more sense. I just had my copter on my dinning table.
Klonk is offline Find More Posts by Klonk
Old Jan 18, 2012, 07:15 AM
Deutschland, HB, Bremen
Joined Dec 2008
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alek3d View Post
Disadvantage is that it supports only quad (no tri or hexa, etc)
I found this in the chinese QQ Group !

ff controller in hexa ? with a trick ?

edit : is in the testing phase !
PLEASE WAIT A FEW TIME LATER, next week is chinese new year。 ,nobody for work。
SO MY ENGLISH IS VERY POOR,Thank you for your attention。After the New Year,FF "Second floor PLUS" will support GPS ,and in side hold on, it very cool
snapper1234 is offline Find More Posts by snapper1234
Last edited by snapper1234; Mar 26, 2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 07:20 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2010
1,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper1234 View Post
I found this in the chinese QQ Group !
ff controller in hexa ? with a trick ?
Well, I believe it is possible to have extra configurations with this board with the right FW. Is there any available?

... and what is the trick?
alek3d is offline Find More Posts by alek3d
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:33 AM
France, Aquitaine, Pau
Joined Aug 2007
76 Posts
I found my problem with voltage alarm, the buzzer don't work !
The buzzer was reversed, so once placed in the right direction it work fine.

I can set voltage alarm with 1.0.7 sofware under Linux with Wine emulator
Others settings don't work, like angle display and calibrating.
f5soh is offline Find More Posts by f5soh
Old Jan 18, 2012, 09:20 AM
Retired Flyer
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Nov 2011
118 Posts
I bought an ARF version Quad and it came with this board, got to say, it's a great board and very stable. I even let my 8 year old grandson fly it with no problems.
Bought it from China on ebay, the seller's name is goodlucksell. The board is well protected below the top mounting plate, and the bottom plate has room for a camera.
I mounted a car cam dvr and it works great. Paid US $259.00 and just added rx and tx.
Only needs 4 channel radio to fly. Default settings on board are x mode.
Seller's website:www.goodlucksell.com
floridabiker is offline Find More Posts by floridabiker
Old Jan 18, 2012, 09:43 AM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,406 Posts
that would be the same as good luck buy. I just got one of these boards from them, will be installing it this weekend.
tc3wins is offline Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Jan 18, 2012, 05:31 PM
Deutschland, HB, Bremen
Joined Dec 2008
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridabiker View Post
Seller's website:www.goodlucksell.com
goodlucksell is a ebay shop name, not a website !

DJI Frame is scrap, the next break !
snapper1234 is offline Find More Posts by snapper1234
Last edited by snapper1234; Jan 18, 2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 06:31 PM
Boston
Joined Mar 2006
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alek3d View Post
If you flown 1.21 and 1.24, can you tell if there is difference in performance? I am on 1.22 and I would like to know if it is worthwhile to upgrade to 1.24. The only thing I could not make working is camera mount manual adjustment via CH7. It is either not working or I do something wrong. But when I connect servo directly to my RX and I turn the knob, it moves. So the signal is there. I connect to CH7 on the board and it does nothing. I tried CH8 but nothing too. I tried to check and uncheck Pitch Lock setting in PC app, no change either.

Thanks!
I didn't find any big difference between 1.24 and 1.21 in flying performance.
eaton is offline Find More Posts by eaton
Old Jan 18, 2012, 06:32 PM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
721 Posts
Hiya

Postie bought me my FF Free Flight this afternoon(wed) made an adapter plate as all my girls face the front these days, after a bit of pi--messing about with the software, mainly sorting out how to calebrate it and then not being able to start it even though the motors ran in the Gui(is it a Gui?) then realizing that i forgot to zero all the sub trims and put the travels back to 100%, i finally flew it. What an anti-climax, the levelling works a dream, a lot better than the Multiwii's, pity that Acro isnt really acro, infact its almost the same as stable mode, if the red led hadnt come on i would have thought it wasnt working. Tommorrow i will take it outside and give it a proper fly.
Well worth the money i would say but being greedy i want more!!

(1) A proper acro mode
(2) speedier response to controls especially yaw
(3) extra goodies like mag/baro and GPS
(4) proper firmware and Gui so we can fine tune things
(5) A tri config would be nice(im not into hex's and octo's though)

Apart from that i give it a thumbs up for first effort
So postie where is my rabbit? lets see if it matches up to the FF Free Flight

Ray
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Old Jan 18, 2012, 06:51 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
2,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper1234 View Post
goodlucksell is a ebay shop name, not a website !

DJI Frame is scrap, the next break !
Well that answers that question.
I though that the frame looked really strong but I can see that they have used some crap plastic. There are plastics out there that you'd never be able to break. I guess they went for the cheapest option... I can break my own cheap frames. I would have only bought that one if I thought it was almost unbreakable.
HappySundays is offline Find More Posts by HappySundays
Old Jan 18, 2012, 07:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
It probably gets brittle in the cold. It's got a bigger problem, it does not dampen vibrations at all, and the arms are really flexible/bendy so.... the problem is it doesn't actually fly properly unless you're using (high) DJI motors ... plus its really heavy. Wouldn't recommend it, i got rid of mine.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 19, 2012, 02:01 AM
Firepower
North Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
3,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
that would be the same as good luck buy. I just got one of these boards from them, will be installing it this weekend.
Sounds like you got this one from goodluckbuy:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/KK-MK-Mul...item2317e1dc90

I have mine but just waiting for the FF controller. This one is really strong. Hope yours goes well.

EDIT: Maybe you did not get this frame as I just read your post again and you said board.

It is different to goodlucksell is only a company that has an internet site but does not sell anything. It just links to many places including ebay and an the advertisement for the Australian Army. It is the same as http://www.alibaba.com/ who do not see anything but just links to other companies sites.
Firepower is online now Find More Posts by Firepower
Old Jan 19, 2012, 04:49 AM
QiW
south east asia
Joined Mar 2009
956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
It probably gets brittle in the cold. It's got a bigger problem, it does not dampen vibrations at all, and the arms are really flexible/bendy so.... the problem is it doesn't actually fly properly unless you're using (high) DJI motors ... plus its really heavy. Wouldn't recommend it, i got rid of mine.
sold mine too ... hahaha
my FF got here yesterday .. hope i get a chance to plug it in soon
QiW is offline Find More Posts by QiW
Old Jan 19, 2012, 05:37 AM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
Grrr Still got mine heap of ST, but thought it was tough, seems even that was wrong.
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo