HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 07, 2011, 12:20 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,677 Posts
errr... what are those security issues with the site?
IceWind is offline Find More Posts by IceWind
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2011, 07:17 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
errr... what are those security issues with the site?
Your address + name is viewable by checking their "order status" page and only needing a order#, which are sequential.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 07, 2011, 07:45 PM
BOXFUSE KING!
NO WIND CITY GUAM U.S.A
Joined Jan 2009
981 Posts
I ordered it. I have been ordering from GB for a while now, I go way back when they did not have multirotors items yet. It's been a couple of years I have been dealing with them buying robotics electros, motors , escs etc. Their shipping is as slow as DX but it gets here. As far as security, I have no idea what would hackers do with my name and address. Paypal payments are secure, they can't get your CC number if you pay thru paypal.

I ordered 4 MK boards from them and I like the way they perform. I use them for sports flying or lazy sunday lawn micro quad fligths. For $22 bucks they're flawless. If you guys noticed they are stocking up on Multirotors stuff, I gave them the idea to bundle a cheap ARF multi rotor system using their existing products on their site(emails are prompt and they listen to customers requests). It's $140 ARF with fiberglass foldable frame 4 emax motors and pretty good quality 20 amp Escs and the black mk board 5.5 edition. now thats cheap! They now have the DJI wookong system and frames on their site I know a bunch of our RCG members are tempted to order from them, their prices are super cheap. I will try and point out the security issues with them and let's see what happens.

GOODLUCKBUY.COM is an RCG sponsor.

Just my 2cents,

KP.
Kronikpilot is offline Find More Posts by Kronikpilot
Last edited by Kronikpilot; Dec 07, 2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old Dec 07, 2011, 11:54 PM
Sudden Freak
Atlanta, GA
Joined Oct 2006
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
the site will list my order number + address/name for public viewing.
Actually being in US I already have my address/name published on every corner of the intarwebz (including all that "crowd-stealing" crap like mylife, pipl, peekyou, etc.) thanks to all those white/yellow/pink/whatever-pages, lol... but really not that much some bad guy can do having that info...
I would buy that FF if it would be possible to turn it into CopterControl, but MWC-like... nah, I already have three collecting dust.
c2po is offline Find More Posts by c2po
Old Dec 08, 2011, 12:06 AM
Sudden Freak
Atlanta, GA
Joined Oct 2006
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronikpilot View Post
and the black mk board 5.5 edition.
Well, MK board is "slightly" different from KK board that you actually meant...
Old Dec 08, 2011, 12:16 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c2po View Post
Actually being in US I already have my address/name published on every corner of the intarwebz (including all that "crowd-stealing" crap like mylife, pipl, peekyou, etc.) thanks to all those white/yellow/pink/whatever-pages, lol... but really not that much some bad guy can do having that info...
I would buy that FF if it would be possible to turn it into CopterControl, but MWC-like... nah, I already have three collecting dust.
Eh... How much of a "cc-like" do you want to make it?
It's digital gyros /acc on I2C... so code could be adjusted to make PIOS run but... It probably won't be as good as analog sensors sampled at high rate...
Plus there's no USB so the telemetry/configuration stuff would have to be done over serial.
Old Dec 08, 2011, 02:25 AM
Sudden Freak
Atlanta, GA
Joined Oct 2006
330 Posts
Quote:
Eh... How much of a "cc-like" do you want to make it?
It's digital gyros /acc on I2C... so code could be adjusted to make PIOS run but... It probably won't be as good as analog sensors sampled at high rate...
Plus there's no USB so the telemetry/configuration stuff would have to be done over serial.
Yeah, I know, that's why I'm not really interested. Of course I would prefer something "almost-exactly-like-cc"...
Old Dec 08, 2011, 05:01 AM
BOXFUSE KING!
NO WIND CITY GUAM U.S.A
Joined Jan 2009
981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c2po View Post
Well, MK board is "slightly" different from KK board that you actually meant...
I meant KK board it did have KK sign on the back of the board, I dont know how legit they are but I flashed them with 4.7fw regular and acro mode they work awesome.

KP.
Kronikpilot is offline Find More Posts by Kronikpilot
Old Dec 08, 2011, 05:47 AM
Honey,just one more thing
Rensselaer,IN
Joined Jan 2003
3,098 Posts
Quote:
Your address + name is viewable by checking their "order status" page and only needing a order#, which are sequential.
Seems you need you email address also now.
spudandretti is online now Find More Posts by spudandretti
Old Dec 08, 2011, 05:57 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudandretti View Post
Seems you need you email address also now.
Cool, time to buy
Old Dec 08, 2011, 08:56 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,419 Posts
So firmware is freely available from that dji site?
Does it include altitude hold code and should it work soldering a bmp85 or how that baro is called...
msev is online now Find More Posts by msev
Old Dec 08, 2011, 10:40 AM
Trying to learn.
Moscow, Russia
Joined Jun 2010
181 Posts
So, goodluckbuy provided chinglish instruction and PC software.
Actually, instruction is confusing, and says nothing about software and almost nothing about hardware.

More over, provided program is not in english (according to picture in instruction), and i can't start it on my XP'32bit. No errors or screens, just nothing happens.
leprud is offline Find More Posts by leprud
Old Dec 08, 2011, 10:55 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,252 Posts
Software ran fine here in Win 7. But it is mostly in Chinese so hard to tell what all it does.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 08, 2011, 11:19 AM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
well, they have xp driver for usb available now .
askman is offline Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 08, 2011, 01:11 PM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,533 Posts
Quote:
It probably won't be as good as analog sensors sampled at high rate...
Considering the esc PWM refresh rate of +-490Hz, at what rate should be the gyro readings then to see an improvement?
Could you explain the benefit of "oversampling"?

Thanks,
manu
alll is offline Find More Posts by alll