SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:37 AM
Australia, QLD, Gatton
Joined Jan 2007
946 Posts
what com port are you trying to connect to?

I think I had to manually input the com port with the ZNS app when I was running the FF firmware.
danger_mouse is offline Find More Posts by danger_mouse
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 03:30 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mglenn57 View Post
Hello, I have the MWC10 board working fine and am using XP to run stick calibration and IMU.
I am trying to find a windows7 driver for the USB UART "comm device" that ships with the MWC10. I am running Windows 7 64 bit on my laptop and would like to use it to reset the IMU while at the flying field.
Is there another USB device that will work with Windows7?

The device that comes with the MWC10 driver installs but says it is an invalid com port when I try to connect ZNS 1.07.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!
I also have Win 7 84 and the default driver that gets installed is fine. Check under devices and printers to ensure the correct com port #.

Also, power on the MWC10 before you connect the USBASP programmer to it.
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:22 AM
Magyarország, Pest, Budaörs
Joined May 2011
208 Posts
yaw issue with hobbywing pentium esc??

Hi all!

I read some of your posts about yaw problem with FF. I facing with the same problem as you had. My quad has yas problem (but firs 4 flight i had no yaw issue, but after a hard landing), and when I take off and hover after few minutes its start to yaw left, and I experienced also that my right yaw has either no effect.
I tried to recalbirate IMU, ESC-s with ZN softwre (not with radio separatley) and calibrate RC settings, but with no success.

My solution was to change my Hobbywing pentium 10A esc to new 20A multistar esc and new motors form feiyu x4 quad factory 950kv motors to Turnigy 2217 1100 kv motor both 38g brusless same 100-110 watt.

Now the FF works again godd with this new multistar esc and turnigy motors.what do you think what was the problem, the hobbywing esc or factory feiyu motros. The probelm occured after 4 flights and a hard landing, previously it was good with these escs and motors.

I would like to use these esc and motors. What do you reccommend? try to change PID values as you did?
Ltomi78 is online now Find More Posts by Ltomi78
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:55 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,709 Posts
Hi,
It sounds to me like it was a motor issue.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:12 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hi,
It sounds to me like it was a motor issue.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
I agree. After a hard landing, one or more of the motors may have tilted slightly due to arm flex or warping or may come slightly loose. I do not know what type of frame youi are using but a slight tilt of the motor will cause yaw iisues. I am speaking from eperience here as I had the same issue :-)

You should be fine using the same esc's but I would examine each motor and ensure that their shafts are not bent.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:36 PM
Italia, Lombardia, Milano
Joined Oct 2010
65 Posts
Hello
This is a video FPV quadricopter FF-Flight, after changes made ​​to Rolling Shutter problem.
It remains only problem stability
Thanks also to the advice of rcjose
FPV_Multirotor (4 min 26 sec)
voloelettrico is offline Find More Posts by voloelettrico
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:34 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by voloelettrico View Post
Hello
This is a video FPV quadricopter FF-Flight, after changes made ​​to Rolling Shutter problem.
It remains only problem stability
Thanks also to the advice of rcjose
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fA_QG5O8Q8&feature=plcp
Video looks good. Glad I could help! For stability:

1. Balance propeller hub and blade on each propeller.
2. Try to eliminate any other source of vibration
3. Play with PI settings and/or use default values for a quad size closest to your frame
4. If you have the proper esc's, re-flash with SimonK
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:14 AM
Joined Oct 2010
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
Video looks good. Glad I could help! For stability:

1. Balance propeller hub and blade on each propeller.
2. Try to eliminate any other source of vibration
3. Play with PI settings and/or use default values for a quad size closest to your frame
4. If you have the proper esc's, re-flash with SimonK
Hello rcjose
(This video is always with FPV Quad Flight FF.
I just created a little bit of stabilization in post production, but you lose quality.)
I wanted to ask you: do you think with Quad Dji Naza flight is more stable?
thanks Hello

Piccola_Stabilizazzione_Post_Produzione (2 min 36 sec)
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:25 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Hello rcjose
(This video is always with FPV Quad Flight FF.
I just created a little bit of stabilization in post production, but you lose quality.)
I wanted to ask you: do you think with Quad Dji Naza flight is more stable?
thanks Hello

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAYt_xq1bzU&feature=plcp
The DJI Naza controller is a much more complex controller and when used with the GPS feature will most likely give you better stability over the FF board. This is just my opinion as I do not own a DJI Naza controller. However, your video looks very good. I have seen FPV videos from people flying the cheap KK2 board from hobby king and they look very good as well.

I guess it comes down to your style of flying and the way the quadcopter is built, what parts were use, etc. I am very happy with the stability of my quadcopter using the FF board. My quadcopter is larger than 550mm, is made from light FR4 and uses simonk flashed esc's with good motors. It's stable enough for me.

If you have the money to spend, then go for the DJI Naza with GPS and a good high quality frame with simonk esc's and good motors.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:41 AM
Joined Oct 2010
65 Posts
Quote:
The DJI Naza controller is a much more complex controller and when used with the GPS feature will most likely give you better stability over the FF board. This is just my opinion as I do not own a DJI Naza controller. However, your video looks very good. I have seen FPV videos from people flying the cheap KK2 board from hobby king and they look very good as well.

I guess it comes down to your style of flying and the way the quadcopter is built, what parts were use, etc. I am very happy with the stability of my quadcopter using the FF board. My quadcopter is larger than 550mm, is made from light FR4 and uses simonk flashed esc's with good motors. It's stable enough for me.

If you have the money to spend, then go for the DJI Naza with GPS and a good high quality frame with simonk esc's and good motors.
Hello
OK that's what I thought, Naza + GPS = Stability,
I have a way of flying a little dancing, but I think Naza to solve this problem.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:19 AM
Joined Oct 2010
65 Posts
Hello rcjose
These are the flight conditions of my quadricopter:
FF Flight
Frame Quadcopter X525 V3 Glass Folding Frame Friber MultiCoptor
Esc Turnigy plush 25A HK
155mm clearance landing legs VER2! QuadFrame
Motor 2217 950KV Mystery 9.
With these conditions, I am very well.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:42 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Hello rcjose
These are the flight conditions of my quadricopter:
FF Flight
Frame Quadcopter X525 V3 Glass Folding Frame Friber MultiCoptor
Esc Turnigy plush 25A HK
155mm clearance landing legs VER2! QuadFrame
Motor 2217 950KV Mystery 9.
With these conditions, I am very well.
come si dice in Italia, bello!!!

I took italian in high school and remember some of it
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:21 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2010
1,244 Posts
Quote:
Hello
OK that's what I thought, Naza + GPS = Stability,
I have a way of flying a little dancing, but I think Naza to solve this problem.
Every FC will do that little dancing when you have hard mounted camera.

If you want fixed horizon you might want some camera mount with stabilizing. But, if I can advise you, no cheap cam gimbal would give you satisfactory results. If you don't have the money to buy DJI Zenmuse or other very expensive gimbal, then I recommend you to use frames like Ecilop (Ecilop - original, clones Mini650, Glyder 600). Just search the net if you have not heard about them.

.. and I did have FF board and now I have Naza + GPS. FF has a very good autolevel, but does not have alt hold, nor pos hold. But that would not help you to get a video footage you dream about.
alek3d is offline Find More Posts by alek3d
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:56 AM
Joined Oct 2010
65 Posts
Quote:
come si dice in Italia, bello!!!

I took italian in high school and remember some of it
Hello rcjose
thanks (come si dice in Italia, bello!!!) You have posted in perfect Italian
I write in English to translate with Google, I always hope for better translation.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:06 AM
Joined Oct 2010
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alek3d View Post
Every FC will do that little dancing when you have hard mounted camera.

If you want fixed horizon you might want some camera mount with stabilizing. But, if I can advise you, no cheap cam gimbal would give you satisfactory results. If you don't have the money to buy DJI Zenmuse or other very expensive gimbal, then I recommend you to use frames like Ecilop (Ecilop - original, clones Mini650, Glyder 600). Just search the net if you have not heard about them.

.. and I did have FF board and now I have Naza + GPS. FF has a very good autolevel, but does not have alt hold, nor pos hold. But that would not help you to get a video footage you dream about.
Hello alek3d
My camera is already stabilized, for me the problem is my flying style. When I look in the Network Frame it yourself Ecilop indicated.
thanks