HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2012, 03:37 PM
Joined Oct 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helizrnew2me View Post
take both sticks on the transmitter and pull them down and away from each other .thats how mine arms .
report back
Thanks for that it works!

rcjose: Thanks also. I have downloaded the manual. The previous version I found didn't have the second arming method.

I have contacted the seller but they claim they don't get the USB boot loader with the quad. I suppose I can't just buy that as a spare part.

Anyway, thanks again to all who replied. Now to wait for daylight to test it out in flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchcommando View Post
mine down and to eachother...
Just tried this way too and it also works. Amazing! Thanks.
rpant is offline Find More Posts by rpant
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:07 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpant View Post
I have contacted the seller but they claim they don't get the USB boot loader with the quad. I suppose I can't just buy that as a spare part..
See post # 2444 in this thread page. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t#post21139393

Here is one on the US ebay site:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-To-RS232...item519f80b8da
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Oct 12, 2012, 05:22 PM
Joined Oct 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
Here is one on the US ebay site:
Thanks, have bought one.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:57 PM
United States, PA, Slatington
Joined Sep 2010
1,894 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for that it works!

rcjose: Thanks also. I have downloaded the manual. The previous version I found didn't have the second arming method.

I have contacted the seller but they claim they don't get the USB boot loader with the quad. I suppose I can't just buy that as a spare part.

Anyway, thanks again to all who replied. Now to wait for daylight to test it out in flight.

Just tried this way too and it also works. Amazing! Thanks.
one way should arm it and the other disarm it .depends on your transmitter i guess. i use a spektrum dx6i.
down and away arms on mine and down and towards disarms .

have fun .
if its cold out let the board adjust to temperature a bit before flying .my board doesnt like to go from a warm house to the cold and fly right away .
let me know how yours does.
helizrnew2me is offline Find More Posts by helizrnew2me
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:10 AM
Joined Oct 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
if its cold out let the board adjust to temperature a bit before flying .my board doesnt like to go from a warm house to the cold and fly right away .
let me know how yours does.
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately it's raining here today so I've been playing indoors with it a bit. It was a bit scary at first not knowing if it was going to go beserk or something, but apart from the issue below it seems quite a bit easier to fly than my old T-Rex.

I did have a problem with it not being level (basically unflyable) but thankfully the manual I downloaded from here detailed how to recalibrate the leveling via the transmitter. So much to learn. This thing was listed as RTF. Not even close for a noob!
Last edited by rpant; Oct 13, 2012 at 03:27 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 03:33 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Deutschland
Joined Nov 2009
660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper1234 View Post
Discovery F4 is a bit older, to use with I2C MPU6050:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/160890688679
wiring description https://github.com/lilvinz/OpenPilot...pin-assignment
the newer F3 is currently not really available!
fly no better than the version FunFly Controller "Acro Naze32" of Timecop.

-> http://abusemark.com/store/index.php...products_id=38

Ready to plug in and for 20

because the Chinese can hide.

JUERGEN_ is offline Find More Posts by JUERGEN_
Last edited by JUERGEN_; Oct 13, 2012 at 03:39 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:22 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,894 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately it's raining here today so I've been playing indoors with it a bit. It was a bit scary at first not knowing if it was going to go beserk or something, but apart from the issue below it seems quite a bit easier to fly than my old T-Rex.

I did have a problem with it not being level (basically unflyable) but thankfully the manual I downloaded from here detailed how to recalibrate the leveling via the transmitter. So much to learn. This thing was listed as RTF. Not even close for a noob!
yes much easier than single rotor helis .i came off single rotor helis too and i am having much more fun with the quads .and the intimidation factor is way down .
those big 400 size heli blades whipping around can surely put a scare in ya .

i went thru all the small helis ,then medium ones,worked my way up to the blade 400 and then sold out !..lol......
then i got hooked on these quads .even crashing them costs way less than a heli crash .a couple quad crashes didnt cost me anything..lol.others , a prop here and there .thats all.

have fun
Old Oct 18, 2012, 06:01 AM
Italia, Lombardia, Milano
Joined Oct 2010
65 Posts
Problems with FF C10

Hello to All
I had with FF C10 Firmware 1.30, same problem your lateral movement and forward.
All tests are made in FPV.
First test done only with TX calibration and IMU Calibration: result very moving.
According to tests done in Quad level + IMU Calibration + (PID 1.24 -Snapper1234) Result very good, stop moving,
Only small trim, TX. Thanks Snapper
For now it's fine.
voloelettrico is offline Find More Posts by voloelettrico
Last edited by voloelettrico; Oct 18, 2012 at 06:23 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:23 AM
Joined Sep 2010
1,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knobby1 View Post
Hi All,
I know a couple of others have had this problem so I thought I'd throw my 0.02c worth in. I've had two of original "white board" FF's for quite a while and now have two C10 boards, my issue is that they have all been flying well for a couple of months, no dramas at all.
I've now got an issue with all the FF and C10 boards tending to drift towards the front and left...so much so that I have used all the trim and sub trims on both elevator and aileron to keep them on the straight and narrow...to no avail, it doesn't seem to affect the yaw though which is rather strange..... as soon as I trim it to fly stable and level, it slowly drifts away again. I've re-done all the firmware and IMU several times....I thought it must have been my radio drifting so I changed from my normal Turnigy 9x with FrSky module and RX to my so called "better quality" Hitec Aurora 9.....still the problem persists. I even tried using the same boards on different quads with different SimonK flashed esc's and different motors etc....still the same..!

I also have a couple of KK2.0's, Rabbits and MultiWii SE's and they're all flying fine on the same quads. It seems to be a problem just with the FF & C10 boards, is it a temperature drift issue since it's starting to warm up a little here in downunder land??

I really do like the way the FF's & C10's self level mode handles and performs compared to the other control boards and they're my favourite boards and suit the type of flying I like to do...... but this constant drifting issue is really driving me nuts..! I spend all my flying time trying to adjust trims and compensate for the drifting instead of enjoying flying the silly thing..!

Anybody have any clues???

Cheers,
Smithy.
i have continually had these very same issues since it got cold outside .i am ready to give up on the free flight board and try something else .

i think i will start a free flight issues thread and see just how many are having this very same issue .
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:11 AM
Italia, Lombardia, Milano
Joined Oct 2010
65 Posts
Quote:
i have continually had these very same issues since it got cold outside .i am ready to give up on the free flight board and try something else .

i think i will start a free flight issues thread and see just how many are having this very same issue .
Hello
Yes, I had the same problem, but as I wrote in my Post
Now it looks like I solved the problem.
Also try these changes.
voloelettrico is offline Find More Posts by voloelettrico
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:45 AM
Martin - AKA mr.sneezy
Adelaide, Australia
Joined May 2004
1,688 Posts
Quote:

Just a thought here. Isn't Timecops board or at least the first ones he made based on the same MCU and sensors as the FF ?
My point being that if his boards don't have an issue then it's not those components causing the apparent temp sensitivity...

(I've not noticed anything like this with my FF yet though).
Martin
PLMS is offline Find More Posts by PLMS
Old Oct 19, 2012, 01:47 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLMS View Post
Just a thought here. Isn't Timecops board or at least the first ones he made based on the same MCU and sensors as the FF ?
My point being that if his boards don't have an issue then it's not those components causing the apparent temp sensitivity...

(I've not noticed anything like this with my FF yet though).
Martin
have you tried in colder weather ?say 50 degrees or so?or is it seasonably warm there all the time?

i have a kk2.0 coming soon so i will soon know for sure if its the board or something else going on .
Old Oct 19, 2012, 02:59 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,669 Posts
Hi H,
A 50F temp should not be an issue unless it comes from a room temp of 80F and not given any time to acclimate to the outside flying temps. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5550
If you followed the info in that post and are still having issues it is very likely your gyro or accelerometer has poor solder that requires a re-flow to fix. So the contraction of the joints in cold temps is likely causing your flight performance issues. I flew my FF in 30F temps last winter and had no problems at all.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
have you tried in colder weather ?say 50 degrees or so?or is it seasonably warm there all the time?

i have a kk2.0 coming soon so i will soon know for sure if its the board or something else going on .
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Oct 20, 2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:46 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hi H,
A 50F temp should not be an issue unless it comes from a room temp or 80F and not given any time to acclimate to the outside flying temps. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5550
If you followed the info in that post and are still having issues it is very likely your gyro or accelerometer has poor solder that requires a re-flow to fix. So the contraction of the joints in cold temps is likely causing your flight performance issues. I flew my FF in 30F temps last winter and had no problems at all.
Cheers,
Jim
i will check that post but like i stated before i flew 3 packs thru the quad and was still having issues ,if thats not enough time then something else must be amiss . i have a kk2.0 coming so once i set that up i will report back my findings .

but yes ever since the cooler weather has hit i have had many issues with the board .when its warm out i have no issues .it has been crashed but the board does not appear to have been compromised at all .
thanks for your input .
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:11 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,669 Posts
H,
Multicopter flight controllers can appear to look fine after a hard crash, but if the board was flexed even a tiny bit it, or sustained a high G shock it could compromise the solder under the MEMs devices. For those reasons to get higher flight controller survivability, the FCBs need to be protected by a roll cage and not secured directly to the arm points on a frame that can flex in a crash.

To do further troubleshooting, look at the sensor traces and blow hot or cold air and press on the gyros/accelerometer to see if the traces go abnormal.
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
i will check that post but like i stated before i flew 3 packs thru the quad and was still having issues ,if thats not enough time then something else must be amiss . i have a kk2.0 coming so once i set that up i will report back my findings .

but yes ever since the cooler weather has hit i have had many issues with the board .when its warm out i have no issues .it has been crashed but the board does not appear to have been compromised at all .
thanks for your input .
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins