HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:44 PM
Australia, NSW, Bradbury
Joined Dec 2007
233 Posts
Quote:
If you look at the new blue bootloader, there is something soldered onto the board to the right of the B header which is on the right side of the board. I wonder if this is where a switch is supposed to go. The switch on the original bootloader is also next to the B header.
Hi All,
Had the same issue with the new type unit, found I had to connect the power to the FC first before connecting the bootloader, works fine after that.

Cheers,
Smithy.
knobby1 is offline Find More Posts by knobby1
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:29 PM
United States, PA, Slatington
Joined Sep 2010
1,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Hi H,
Try decreasing Roll*Pit_I several points and increasing the R_P_Stick_P several points from the non-slider PID utility default values that it sets for your models diameter. Also the 3d mode will give you more stick authority to fight the wind. (but not enough for decent 3d due to the accelerometer coded to still be working too strongly in 3d mode)
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
thanks ......
yes the ff board does not allow front or back flips so even 3d mode wont give enough forward thrust to fight off the wind .
i will try again monday in 3d mode and report my findings(provided theres wind,which there usually is anymore)
helizrnew2me is offline Find More Posts by helizrnew2me
Old Sep 15, 2012, 04:53 AM
Australia, QLD, Gatton
Joined Jan 2007
927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helizrnew2me View Post
thanks ......
yes the ff board does not allow front or back flips so even 3d mode wont give enough forward thrust to fight off the wind .
i will try again monday in 3d mode and report my findings(provided theres wind,which there usually is anymore)
Install timecops baseflight32 firmware. Will make it a lot more responsive. Only downside is level mode isn't as good as with the std FF firmware.
danger_mouse is offline Find More Posts by danger_mouse
Old Sep 15, 2012, 07:26 AM
Joined Apr 2012
23 Posts
Gain OR PITCH on FF

How adjust the gain on ff aspen my quad when i accelerated and flip it is after balance
rob222 is offline Find More Posts by rob222
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:14 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danger_mouse View Post
Install timecops baseflight32 firmware. Will make it a lot more responsive. Only downside is level mode isn't as good as with the std FF firmware.
yeah ,not sure i am the guy to go flashing boards .maybe buy a kk2.0 instead .
Old Sep 15, 2012, 03:37 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2012
24 Posts
Ketan is offline Find More Posts by Ketan
Last edited by Ketan; Sep 16, 2012 at 04:12 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 15, 2012, 05:16 PM
The Netherlands, LI, Venray
Joined Dec 2008
1,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
It did not work for me either. BUT you can use it to upload/download the firmware, just not to setup the board via ZNS. I contacted rocky law on ebay and he gave me a refuind on the USB board. He does have the switch version available for purchase/exchange.

It seems to be that it's stuck in BOOT mode somehow. Ok, you engineering guys, do you think we can solder on a switch somewhere or short two pins to make it go into NORMAL mode?
Jose this is what snapper1234 reported see post 2441
jaccies is offline Find More Posts by jaccies
Old Sep 15, 2012, 05:20 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,377 Posts
Quote:
thanks ......
lot of people reported that in 3D mode only roll flips can be done with the FF board, so that was also my experience in 3D mode
Last edited by jaccies; Sep 16, 2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:07 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knobby1 View Post
Hi All,
Had the same issue with the new type unit, found I had to connect the power to the FC first before connecting the bootloader, works fine after that.

Cheers,
Smithy.
Golly Gee Whittikers batman, it works!!!! Thanks for the tip. Got the blue no switch boot loader to work as you indicated. Powered on the FF C10 and then connected the bootloader cable to the FF C10 and then the USB.

Will update manual now with other steps for calibrating sticks and will repost.
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:26 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,272 Posts
Updated FF C10 user manual 09-15-2012

Here is the latest and greatest
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:43 PM
Joined Apr 2012
23 Posts
PID Parameter v1.24(2012-2-10).exe

hi, I try to run the app XL_RS232.exe, but it tell me .. this program is a sham to force the installation of ActiveX necessary to communicate with a serial port from Excel?, and it does not start ? to that

PID Parameter v1.24 (2012-2-10) i have install MSCOMM32.ocx in c windows systems32 ? how thanks
rob222 is offline Find More Posts by rob222
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:54 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob222 View Post
hi, I try to run the app XL_RS232.exe, but it tell me .. this program is a sham to force the installation of ActiveX necessary to communicate with a serial port from Excel?, and it does not start ? to that

PID Parameter v1.24 (2012-2-10) i have install MSCOMM32.ocx in c windows systems32 ? how thanks
That's not the correct exe file for the PID utility. Run the executable that begins with PID....exe. I don't know where the XL_RS232.exe came from.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:59 AM
☢ ɴᴏᴏʙ ☢
Malaysia
Joined Mar 2012
590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knobby1 View Post
Hi All,

Cheers,
Smithy.
it works!!! thanks knobby1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob222 View Post

u can download MSCOMM32.ocx here
http://www.ocxme.com/ocx/files/mscomm32_ocx.html

once u have downloaded MSCOMM32.ocx then put it in the same folder where your PID .exe file located
trinco is online now Find More Posts by trinco
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:57 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
Here is the latest and greatest
thanks Jose great job
hope yours FF C10 stays flying stable
Old Sep 17, 2012, 07:15 PM
Joined Sep 2010
1,755 Posts
Quote:
what can i do in the pid settings to make this x400 quad more agile in the wind?

currently it cannot handle any wind .if there is any wind it wants to blow back towards me all the time and i have to give full forward stick just to keep it in place .
releasing the stick sends it flying back towards me .

it should be able to handle at least a little wind i would think .

my multiwii 450 can .
went into the pid and resent the figures for 330mm quad ...increased the R_P_Stick_P from a 2 to a 3 (Increase value for more pitch and roll stick speed/sensitivity)
and boy does it lean into the wind now .this is what i needed !
now all my 3s lipos are dead so no more testing today .
now we got some forward lean ,no doubt . next is to tighten up the yaw as it tends to yaw sometimes without stick input .

edit:yes i quoted myself...lol..in hopes someone else can benefit from my findings