HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:54 PM
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinco View Post
jose, ure using 8" or 10" props? i dont see any jello... try to do fast forward flight
They're the generic Hobby King black 10x6 props. I have some 11x4.5 on order to try later on.

I will be trying some fancy stuff once I get the fpv setup done. If I go too fast via LOS I am sure I will crash it :-)
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:58 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiBear75 View Post
Ok, now I have Inverted Channel 1 (AIL) and Channel 4 (Rudder) and this looks good.
But how come I did not have to do this before ? Could this be a mixed up connection on the FF Controller board ? Still confused. But I think this will work. It's now too bad on my FlySky 9x with ER9x firmware the display shows right output when I go left.... but at least I will fly much easier with my quad
When I setup my original FF board (black) with V1.24 of the firmware and used the Turnigy 9X with its original firmware and the FrySky module I had to reverse the throttle channel. I wonder if after all it's the combo of the 9X and the FrySky?
Old Sep 13, 2012, 04:52 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
When I setup my original FF board (black) with V1.24 of the firmware and used the Turnigy 9X with its original firmware and the FrySky module I had to reverse the throttle channel. I wonder if after all it's the combo of the 9X and the FrySky?
NO, I've had the mysterious control reversal (not while flying luckily!) with totally different hardware when booting up the ZN app after an earlier calibration. And so have others. No one has explain here that I've seen why this happens.

Maybe it's caused by having the TX turned on with a stick deflected, or having the frame in a different orientation at boot-up time or?????. If anyone has an explanation, I'd like to hear it.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Sep 13, 2012, 05:32 PM
United States, PA, Slatington
Joined Sep 2010
1,909 Posts
what can i do in the pid settings to make this x400 quad more agile in the wind?

currently it cannot handle any wind .if there is any wind it wants to blow back towards me all the time and i have to give full forward stick just to keep it in place .
releasing the stick sends it flying back towards me .

it should be able to handle at least a little wind i would think .

my multiwii 450 can .
helizrnew2me is offline Find More Posts by helizrnew2me
Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:16 PM
Brazil, PR, Curitiba
Joined Sep 2012
10 Posts
No responding...

Unfortunately nothing...when I move the sticks on ZNS app the green led from USB boot loader shine...just this...the ESC just make the normal sound after disconnect the board from my PC but no reponse from Radio sticks...seems that the signal isn't passing by the board, I have made a test just using the receiver ESC and Motor and works normally...

FFC10 control board not responding... (3 min 2 sec)
PAROGERAL is offline Find More Posts by PAROGERAL
Last edited by PAROGERAL; Sep 13, 2012 at 09:25 PM. Reason: post video
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:14 PM
☢ ɴᴏᴏʙ ☢
Malaysia
Joined Mar 2012
755 Posts

the blue bootloader that came with C10 doesnt work, im not sure whether i installed it wrong or not but the blue bootloader will not work.... i use my old FF white/grey bootloader on the C10 and walaaa everything in ZNS is working... now i was wondering how do we get the old bootloader for new users?
trinco is online now Find More Posts by trinco
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:40 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:

the blue bootloader that came with C10 doesnt work, im not sure whether i installed it wrong or not but the blue bootloader will not work.... i use my old FF white/grey bootloader on the C10 and walaaa everything in ZNS is working... now i was wondering how do we get the old bootloader for new users?
It did not work for me either. BUT you can use it to upload/download the firmware, just not to setup the board via ZNS. I contacted rocky law on ebay and he gave me a refuind on the USB board. He does have the switch version available for purchase/exchange.

It seems to be that it's stuck in BOOT mode somehow. Ok, you engineering guys, do you think we can solder on a switch somewhere or short two pins to make it go into NORMAL mode?
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:49 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAROGERAL View Post
Unfortunately nothing...when I move the sticks on ZNS app the green led from USB boot loader shine...just this...the ESC just make the normal sound after disconnect the board from my PC but no reponse from Radio sticks...seems that the signal isn't passing by the board, I have made a test just using the receiver ESC and Motor and works normally...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Z5-...&feature=g-upl
The boot loader cable from the USB bootloader appears to be on backwards. You have the brown cable going to the green pin on the board. Also ensure that it is connected correctly as well on the other end. That is why you cannot communicate to the board. An indicator that you are not talking to it is that you do not see the Pitch, roll and yaw values changing in the ZNS app.

Does your USB bootloader have a switch on it?

The beeping sound indicates the battery connected to the power distribution board which is connected to the JST connector is low.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:27 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:

Post 2444 mentionds this bootloader. I wonder if it would work.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/270930411222?...d=386702146931

If you look at the new blue bootloader, there is something soldered onto the board to the right of the B header which is on the right side of the board. I wonder if this is where a switch is supposed to go. The switch on the original bootloader is also next to the B header.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:46 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,715 Posts
Gents,
Jose is correct. A generic FTDI adapter should work when properly setup com port, bps and Tx-Rx, Rx-Tx. Read this post and the following from here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2441 to find out how the switch is setup to B0+5v. So in the post above where only the firmware would load, remove the B0 wire for the ZN app to work
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
Post 2444 mentionds this bootloader. I wonder if it would work.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/270930411222?...d=386702146931

If you look at the new blue bootloader, there is something soldered onto the board to the right of the B header which is on the right side of the board. I wonder if this is where a switch is supposed to go. The switch on the original bootloader is also next to the B header.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Sep 14, 2012 at 06:53 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:15 AM
Brazil, PR, Curitiba
Joined Sep 2012
10 Posts
I just invert the cable on both connectors ends to see if something changes...it's strange because the board works using ZNS app once, after that time stop... When I move the throttle on ZNS the green light flashes on bootloader but do not flash for pitch, roll and yaw and even with signal the motors don't start...
PAROGERAL is offline Find More Posts by PAROGERAL
Last edited by PAROGERAL; Sep 14, 2012 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Add comments
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:52 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
I just invert the cable on both connectors ends to see if something changes...it's strange because the board works using ZNS app once, after that time stop... When I move the throttle on ZNS the green light flashes on bootloader but do not flash for pitch, roll and yaw and even with signal the motors don't start...
You probably have a defective USB boot loader or it got damaged when you had the cables incorrectly connected.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:58 AM
Joined Feb 2007
14,715 Posts
FF com port settings 101

P,
What is your PC com port set to for the adapter? See the attached for correct settings. Make sure you are using the correct driver for your adapter and uninstall/reinstall if necessary. Note the first post has the original CH340 adapter WinXP driver. Change the com port to one that is below com 10 as that sometimes causes problems for Gents.
Cheers,
Jim

Quote:
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:03 PM
United States, PA, Slatington
Joined Sep 2010
1,909 Posts
what can i do in the pid settings to make this x400 quad more agile in the wind?

currently it cannot handle any wind .if there is any wind it wants to blow back towards me all the time and i have to give full forward stick just to keep it in place .

my multiwii 450 can .

ps- i am in stable mode during this but i dont think that matters much going forward .
helizrnew2me is offline Find More Posts by helizrnew2me
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:30 PM
Joined Feb 2007
14,715 Posts
Hi H,
Try decreasing Roll*Pit_I several points and increasing the R_P_Stick_P several points from the non-slider PID utility default values that it sets for your models diameter. Also the 3d mode will give you more stick authority to fight the wind. (but not enough for decent 3d due to the accelerometer coded to still be working too strongly in 3d mode)
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by helizrnew2me View Post

my multiwii 450 can .

ps- i am in stable mode during this but i dont think that matters much going forward .