HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2011, 05:20 AM
Flying Like Evil
France, Languedoc-Roussillon, Garons
Joined Oct 2010
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alek3d View Post
Thanks! Definitely passed! Just ordered one on Dec 22, still not shipped.

So, it looks like for alt hold it just needs to solder baro and enable it in SW? I've seen that option is greyed out in the SW, so once it is detected it can be checked?

Have you tried to update the board with baro? I wonder how good is their alt hold. If it will be about like Naza I will just use this board instead
Hi
A friend of mine, ordered one on 10 december. Received today. He did'not add the tracking fee, so i guess it took longer.
On SW it can't be Unticked
C team MOD is offline Find More Posts by C team MOD
Last edited by C team MOD; Dec 26, 2011 at 05:27 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2011, 07:00 AM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
3,061 Posts
Couldn't resist- just ordered one too. It's worth it just to play around with
HappySundays is online now Find More Posts by HappySundays
Old Dec 26, 2011, 10:23 AM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
Just ordered one of these today too. I was hoping to get a CopterControl but I obviously missed the boat on that one, so this seems like the next logical option is this, especially considering the price and the add on baro as a bonus!
THE_SHRUB is offline Find More Posts by THE_SHRUB
Old Dec 26, 2011, 10:39 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,763 Posts
My STM32 port of multiwii to CopterControl is progressing nicely.

I got virtual com port running over its USB connector, and multiwii-gui talking directly to it.

Note that's cycle time without sensor readings - just main loop with gyro/acc/mag. It won't be much worse for sensors onboard CC - accel can be read at 20mhz and ADC/analog gyro readings should also be fast. With I2C sensors its another story, but I'll get there when I get there.

Anyhow, why am I posting this in THIS thread is that if for some reason people will want to run multiwii on all these recent STM32 boards, it should be fairly painless to do so.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 26, 2011, 10:52 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Deutschland
Joined Nov 2009
660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
... people will want to run multiwii on all these recent STM32 boards, it should be fairly painless to do so.
that's potatoes transported in a Mercedes.

JUERGEN_ is offline Find More Posts by JUERGEN_
Old Dec 26, 2011, 11:09 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUERGEN_ View Post
Waiting for your contribution.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 11:12 AM
Old new guy
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Sep 2004
3,152 Posts
Quote:
Waiting for your contribution.
BAM...truth
TheX is offline Find More Posts by TheX
Old Dec 26, 2011, 02:59 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
3,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUERGEN_ View Post

The point being that this hardware will then be ours to support and modify at will with open source software without being constrained by that custom GUI. There's nothing magic about the Free Flight software. Pretty standard features. We just want it for its hardware

@timecop Great to see the STM32 port going well

@eveyoneelse Do you think it worth buying a couple of BMP085 chips for possible use with this board? Or do you think that it may not be supported by the current software/hardware at all? Odd that it was left off the board...
Last edited by HappySundays; Dec 26, 2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 04:16 PM
Hamburger
Joined Jan 2010
869 Posts
Quote:
My STM32 port of multiwii to CopterControl is progressing nicely....
Anyhow, why am I posting this in THIS thread is that if for some reason people will want to run multiwii on all these recent STM32 boards, it should be fairly painless to do so.
It depends on the choices we get. So it is good to hear you are working on providing another choice. That is very good. And to answer your other comment; yes, I will continue coding for multiwii, in future on this board, and I will be interested in other (open source) options. The original closed source that FF comes with is not to my liking (if alternatives exist).

Besides, I am interested in the extended debugging functionality of stm and the IDE.
hamburger is online now Find More Posts by hamburger
Old Dec 26, 2011, 11:34 PM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
Quote:
My STM32 port of multiwii to CopterControl is progressing nicely.

I got virtual com port running over its USB connector, and multiwii-gui talking directly to it.

Note that's cycle time without sensor readings - just main loop with gyro/acc/mag. It won't be much worse for sensors onboard CC - accel can be read at 20mhz and ADC/analog gyro readings should also be fast. With I2C sensors its another story, but I'll get there when I get there.

no matter what you do that "GUI" in the lower right corner wont work correctly lol
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Old Dec 26, 2011, 11:35 PM
Joined Dec 2010
821 Posts
I'm interested in using this board for a Hexacopter build, I'm assuming porting multiwii over to this platform would provide the solution?
THE_SHRUB is offline Find More Posts by THE_SHRUB
Old Dec 26, 2011, 11:57 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,763 Posts
Well yes, but you could just get multi wii board from glb unless your aim is development. ..
Its even cheaper. .
Old Dec 27, 2011, 03:09 AM
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur
Joined May 2011
15 Posts
Been following this thread for a while. I might get the board to test it. Just wanted to know how different is the flying compared to a well tuned KK board?
greengo746 is offline Find More Posts by greengo746
Old Dec 27, 2011, 03:16 AM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
3,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict View Post
no matter what you do that "GUI" in the lower right corner wont work correctly lol
Why do you say that? The little 3D model takes its data from the acc angles. I got it to work with the KK and NeXtcopter software...
Last edited by HappySundays; Dec 27, 2011 at 07:02 AM.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 04:02 AM
The Netherlands, LI, Venray
Joined Dec 2008
1,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by titeuf007 View Post
link not exists
jaccies is offline Find More Posts by jaccies