SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:10 PM
Joined Mar 2011
28 Posts
hi guy's ! I flash my free flight baseflight pwm, it's flying but uncontrolable, i need to change values with Multi wii Conf but...
I connect the card, i launch software, open com4, i click on read & start but i see PID values in green and impossible to change it, how i can do that ??
quentusthetroll is offline Find More Posts by quentusthetroll
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:28 PM
Joined Mar 2011
28 Posts
oups ! i find the solution ! Click and draw... sorry guy's, <<< newbie inside
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:44 PM
France, Aquitaine, Pau
Joined Aug 2007
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quentusthetroll View Post
oups ! i find the solution ! Click and draw... sorry guy's, <<< newbie inside
Me too, connect motors with connector 1 > Motor 1
It work but now radio is charging

Luckily Japanese people is sleeping....
f5soh is offline Find More Posts by f5soh
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:25 PM
Deutschland, HB, Bremen
Joined Dec 2008
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
Anyone tried to remove the BMP085 from the breakout board using a soldering iron?
this will not work! only hot air, that you also need to solder the BMP085 on the ff board !

http://www.ebay.de/itm/260950571868
snapper1234 is offline Find More Posts by snapper1234
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:33 PM
Joined Mar 2011
28 Posts
ahh now i flashing with eraze i can't downflash to ff 1.24, led is flashing red and nothing else !! annd you ???
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:35 PM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper1234 View Post
this will not work! only hot air, that you also need to solder the BMP085 on the ff board !

http://www.ebay.de/itm/260950571868
yeah.
Been avoiding to by one of those for quite some time but I can't run anymore.
Time to trash my 1001 irons and by a proper soldering station w/Hot air nozzle.
IceWind is online now Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Feb 27, 2012, 03:37 PM
France, Aquitaine, Pau
Joined Aug 2007
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quentusthetroll View Post
ahh now i flashing with eraze i can't downflash to ff 1.24, led is flashing red and nothing else !! annd you ???
See post from Timecop to fix flash before reflashing original firmware like 1.24 :
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1158

Mine is flying now, a short fly in the night : is more aggressive compared to FF original
Tomorrow i try with Rc rate lowered as Warthox's settings
f5soh is offline Find More Posts by f5soh
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:06 PM
cereal killer
Joined Jan 2012
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthox View Post
had the same feeling. i was really disappointed at the beginnning when i tryed the ff quad. glb said the motors are 1200kv and with 9" there should be some power behind them.
now with mwc code the quad has much more power.

thanks jim, the escs are untouched.

i bought this set just for fun http://www.goodluckbuy.com/mini-x400...assembled.html
thats why i use these motors, escs, frame etc. some parts were missing and the listed props were not delivered. i wouldnt buy it again...
i just made 2-3 flights with original fw, was unsatisfied and since then it collected dust till i saw timecops mwc port.
Hi,

I just got that same glb item. It was missing the springs for the legs but all the rest seems to be there. The latest users guide I can find is for FF 1.2; but the item I got was for FF 1.3, and the board is white instead of black. Anyone know about the FF 1.3 board. Pix is from my cell; I will have some better image quality soon.
anonamous is offline Find More Posts by anonamous
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:15 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonamous View Post
Hi,

I just got that same glb item. It was missing the springs for the legs but all the rest seems to be there. The latest users guide I can find is for FF 1.2; but the item I got was for FF 1.3, and the board is white instead of black. Anyone know about the FF 1.3 board. Pix is from my cell; I will have some better image quality soon.
No difference.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:19 PM
cereal killer
Joined Jan 2012
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
No difference.
If there is no difference between FF 1.2 and FF1.3 should I flash it to FF 1.24.
anonamous is offline Find More Posts by anonamous
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonamous View Post
If there is no difference between FF 1.2 and FF1.3 should I flash it to FF 1.24.
Yes I just said, there's no difference in hardware. They just added front arrow pic on pcb.
However what you should really flash it to, is multiwii code
Old Feb 28, 2012, 02:29 AM
Joined Feb 2012
64 Posts
I am also having issues with the camera pitch and tilt. I have updated the board to 1.24 and have enabled the PTZ in the software, saved it and still when I tilt the quad the servos just don't move. I tested the servos by hooking them up to the transmitter first and they work so I am stumped. I tried what you said but still can't get them to work. Any idea's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Jose,
For FF V1.24 I found that for my Futaba T7C and R607RS that channels 1, 2, 3, and 4 had to be reversed. When using the ZN v1.07 application your clue is the sliders in the graphics correspond to the stick movements. I found that it will arm and disarm if the sticks are down and together to either the inside or the outside. If you push both sticks up together and to the outside or the inside etiher way while it is disarmed it will do the accelerometer/gyro calibration.

I also found the pitch and roll camera stabilization works when you enable the PTZ input values in the pitch and roll compensation fields for all the firmwares posted on the first page of this thread. I put values of +30 to test it. The pitch servo is attached to PWM #1 and the variable pot channel from your Tx to CM #7 will control your pitch angle if the fixed pitch is not checked and saved to the FF. Be sure to properly do the RC calibration (end with throttle up and click stop if using the ZN setup, or the ch5 switch if you use that. I prefer the ZN setup for that purpose) with the FF ch7 connected to the Rx channel you will use to control the pitch and run that variable POTI up and down during the calibration so it is recognized.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
youngti is offline Find More Posts by youngti
Old Feb 28, 2012, 03:20 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,543 Posts
Offtopic

Maybe a bit stupid question for pro's but... How can i debug code on this board? I mean, see any output, execution, etc?
This could help? : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180735412793
ABLomas is offline Find More Posts by ABLomas
Old Feb 28, 2012, 03:29 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABLomas View Post
Maybe a bit stupid question for pro's but... How can i debug code on this board? I mean, see any output, execution, etc?
This could help? : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180735412793
Yes, that works. I have one of those exact clones (of the real thing which is like $1500)

It integrates nicely with MDK-ARM.
Or J-Link clone or real thing works as well.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 04:57 AM
Joined Mar 2011
28 Posts
Thanks for your reponse !!
A last question, with the Multi wii firmware, is it possible to switch in ACCRO or STABILITY mode because at time time i have no effect of Accelerometre on my quad !