SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 23, 2012, 06:39 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
OK, just checked 0219 code on my freeflight with default buzzer and powering it by 5V from a BEC. It works as expected - if you get continous tone, something on your hardware is broken.

Buzzer on afroflight32 only works when powered by ESC - it will NOT beep with only USB power. This is by design.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:04 PM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
OK, just checked 0219 code on my freeflight with default buzzer and powering it by 5V from a BEC. It works as expected - if you get continous tone, something on your hardware is broken.

Buzzer on afroflight32 only works when powered by ESC - it will NOT beep with only USB power. This is by design.
My afroflight32 is perfect and works exactly as it should, looking at it ,its hard to believe its in anyway related to the Freeflight FF.
Ive soldered two pinheaders where the buzzer used to be on the FF, so tomorrow i will revert it back to a freeflight and test it, if i cant find anything wrong, then i will redo what after all is a very simple mod. Its not really important,but it just bugs me, i hate unexplained faults.

Ray
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:09 PM
Spain, CN
Joined Dec 2011
300 Posts
Could somebody post their experience flying the FF with original firmware and doing it with the multiwii port?

Im very curious to know how a properly seted multiwii code on the FF compares to the standard firmware.
apejovic is offline Find More Posts by apejovic
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:17 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
It doesn't hurt anything to switch back and forth. You're welcome to try
Motor numbering becomes proper (1..6)
and motor order for QuadX is in this manual > http://www.abusemark.com/downloads/naze32_rev1.pdf
Latest firmware downloads are at
http://code.google.com/p/afrodevices/downloads/list (look for "baseflight" stuff)
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:36 PM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
721 Posts
Hiya,
Sorry to keep banging on but i have reverted my FF to run on the JST/Lipo again and the buzzer now works as expected, infact everything works as expected so maybe i have to disable the regulator as well, this is all too much for a poor humble retired carpenter to get to grips with, but by the dogs dangly bits i wont let it beat me.

@apejovic
Greetings(does the spock four finger salute) In my humble opinion the freeflight FF with the firmware it comes with, or updates too, is incomplete. The stable setting works as long as there is very little wind and the 3D mode is terrible, its half stable and half unstable, in 3d mode the accelerator should not be working at all so that you can do stunts without fighting it. Maybe the chinese developers will correct that in the next update, but im not going to hold my breath waiting.

With timecops port you have a multiwii that is blisteringly fast with absolutely no I2C bugs, the only fault i can find with it is it hasnt got a barometer or magnetometer onboard,(ask timecop and he can sort that for you ) the gyro's are accurate and the acc works fine. If you gave it to Warthox he would be able to throw it all over the sky. He would think you were taking the mick if you gave him a standard Freeflight FF

Ray
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Last edited by whiteturbo; Feb 23, 2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:16 PM
Deutschland, HB, Bremen
Joined Dec 2008
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
Gents,
I modified my diagram to help clarifly prop nomenclature. Does this work for you?
Also FYI APC just adds a (P) for pusher prop.
why work with names that no other understands?
snapper1234 is offline Find More Posts by snapper1234
Last edited by snapper1234; Feb 23, 2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:56 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,587 Posts
S,
Do you mean non English speaking individuals who have never seen an analog clock?

OK...I'll put arrows on the diagram
Something for everyone Done.

Thanks and Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper1234 View Post
why work with names that no other understands?
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Feb 23, 2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:40 AM
One with the machine
Antarctica
Joined Jul 2010
534 Posts
Quote:
S,
Do you mean non English speaking individuals who have never seen an analog clock?

Thanks and Cheers,
Jim
How can this be challenging for anyone?
X--ALIEN--X is offline Find More Posts by X--ALIEN--X
Old Feb 24, 2012, 02:41 AM
Slovakia
Joined Nov 2010
1,239 Posts
Quote:
S,

Thanks and Cheers,
Jim
Jesolins, the confusion did not start for not undestanding what is CW or CCW - at least not for me. I know what is clockwise and counter clockwise. The problem was that motor was marked spinning clockwise, so use counter clockwise prop. Now go figure.... is it not silly?
alek3d is offline Find More Posts by alek3d
Old Feb 24, 2012, 03:10 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,587 Posts
Hi Alek,
Semantics can be silly and confusing for anyone. Snapper is correct that the arrows should tell the tale on how the props should rotate and that is the simplest which is normally the best. Hopefully the diagram will now answer everyone's questions on this without causing confusion. If not then let me know. I'm only trying to help interested Gents understand multicopters and their proper setup
Cheers,
Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by alek3d View Post
Jesolins, the confusion did not start for not undestanding what is CW or CCW - at least not for me. I know what is clockwise and counter clockwise. The problem was that motor was marked spinning clockwise, so use counter clockwise prop. Now go figure.... is it not silly?
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:12 AM
France
Joined Nov 2008
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
It doesn't hurt anything to switch back and forth. You're welcome to try
Motor numbering becomes proper (1..6)
and motor order for QuadX is in this manual > http://www.abusemark.com/downloads/naze32_rev1.pdf
Latest firmware downloads are at
http://code.google.com/p/afrodevices/downloads/list (look for "baseflight" stuff)
Hi Timecop,

With this firmware uploaded with Fdti, we can run the Free Flight with Multiwii code ?
I'm a bit lost with all the post around there in this thread
lebrett is offline Find More Posts by lebrett
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:28 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
I wish the guys who keep posting this propeller rotation crap would get their own thread, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebrett View Post
Hi Timecop,

With this firmware uploaded with Fdti, we can run the Free Flight with Multiwii code ?
I'm a bit lost with all the post around there in this thread
Yes, kind of like running FreeFlight with MultiWIi code.
You upload this firmware using same instructions as you use for FreeFlight firmware. Then it becomes multiwii-compatible. However must use latest WinGUI or MultiWiiConf-20120219 to configure it. And use can use standard or CPPM receiver.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:43 AM
France
Joined Nov 2008
77 Posts
That's clear, thank you.

Do You mean PWM or CPPM receiver in the last sentence , I think.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:46 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Correct. I prefer CPPM since it only takes one wire.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 07:00 AM
France
Joined Nov 2008
77 Posts
I agree with you Frsky rules ...