HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:19 AM
Registered User
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Latest and greatest FF English User Guide

Here's the latest and greatest FF English User Guide. Thanks to everyone for their input!

Jose
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:32 AM
Registered User
The Netherlands, NH, Amsterdam
Joined Aug 2007
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
Here's the latest and greatest FF English User Guide. Thanks to everyone for their input!

Jose
Thanks for a great manual.

Where you describe throttle calibration using the ZNS program you should mention to first power up the board only and not the ESC's.
drkdgglr is offline Find More Posts by drkdgglr
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:00 PM
Firepower
Firepower's Avatar
North Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
3,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjose View Post
By horizontally, do you mean with the prop lettering facing up like if you were balancing a heli blade? I've always balanced them with the prop lettering facing forward/backward using a prop balancer I go from hobby king.
I guess I am doing it horizontally like you but see vertically like from number 1.36 in the attached video.
prop balancing video tutorial (5 min 5 sec)


It looks like mine need a LOT of work to get them to balance vertically.. I have the HK magnetic balancer.
Firepower is online now Find More Posts by Firepower
Last edited by Firepower; Feb 23, 2012 at 12:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 02:40 PM
Registered User
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkdgglr View Post
Thanks for a great manual.

Where you describe throttle calibration using the ZNS program you should mention to first power up the board only and not the ESC's.
Thanks.

In that section all of the steps to be followed are mentioned in order and powering up the ESC's is on step 12. The FF board is powered up in step 1. The reader will hopefully follow the steps in order and not skip ahead.
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 02:50 PM
Registered User
United States, TX, Richmond
Joined Aug 2010
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
I guess I am doing it horizontally like you but see vertically like from number 1.36 in the attached video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N02NHYrpA0g

It looks like mine need a LOT of work to get them to balance vertically.. I have the HK magnetic balancer.
I've never done it like that to that detail. I put it in my balancer and if the prop spins around fully where one blade is up vertically, I add tape to the top blade until the prop balances evenly horizontally llke a see-saw.

I follow this video from the guys at flitetest:

http://flitetest.com/articles/ways-t...ce-your-props/
rcjose is offline Find More Posts by rcjose
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 05:00 PM
Registered MisUser
whiteturbo's Avatar
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
721 Posts
Hiya ,


Just done this with my Free flight FF because i dont like my board getting fed with 12v only problem the buzzer is on constantly.
I aught to mention that i have flashed it with timecops 0219 code. Should i just remove the buzzer or is it indicative of something else

Ray
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 05:06 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,554 Posts
WT,
Since you have TC's code loaded, does the the multiwii setup utility connect work? You can certainly disconnect the buzzer and then wire it off-board later
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteturbo View Post
Hiya ,


Just done this with my Free flight FF because i dont like my board getting fed with 12v only problem the buzzer is on constantly.
I aught to mention that i have flashed it with timecops 0219 code. Should i just remove the buzzer or is it indicative of something else

Ray
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 05:15 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
HappySundays's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
2,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteturbo View Post
Hiya ,
Just done this with my Free flight FF because i dont like my board getting fed with 12v only problem the buzzer is on constantly.
I aught to mention that i have flashed it with timecops 0219 code. Should i just remove the buzzer or is it indicative of something else
Ray
I imagine the buzzer is on because the board can no longer measure the battery voltage and so is giving you a low-voltage alarm. It's not a fault, just a result of removing the battery voltage from your FF board.
HappySundays is offline Find More Posts by HappySundays
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 05:24 PM
Registered MisUser
whiteturbo's Avatar
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesolins View Post
WT,
Since you have TC's code loaded, does the the multiwii setup utility connect work? You can certainly disconnect the buzzer and then wire it off-board later
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Hi J,

Everything works OK in the multiwii GUI except the buzzer is showing up as movement on the gyro and acc.
I have infact just removed the buzzer anyway as i never did like an electromagnetic force so close to sensors, now everything in the multiwii GUI and the new WinGUI works as it should , my only concern is i have only removed the noise and interference not the actual cause of the buzzer being activated, i would like to connect the buzzer as its nice for confirming changes etc, i wonder if its just telling me low voltage as its now only getting 5v instead of 12v.
Can anybody who has actually done the mod to remove the JST feed got any comment

Ray
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 05:38 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
The buzzer on free flight should be same connection as on Afro. And I know it works there.
Does it always just beep without any changes or does it make some attempt to stop beeping in beginning..
Low battery alarm isn't implemented yet... I think? So it shouldn't be that.
Battery is measured but divider is not properly set, so voltages would be wrong.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 23, 2012, 05:40 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
HappySundays's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
2,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteturbo View Post
...my only concern is i have only removed the noise and interference not the actual cause of the buzzer being activated, i would like to connect the buzzer as its nice for confirming changes etc, i wonder if its just telling me low voltage as its now only getting 5v instead of 12v.
Can anybody who has actually done the mod to remove the JST feed got any comment
Ray
Hi, I think you just missed my post back up one... and yes, I've done the mod.
HappySundays is offline Find More Posts by HappySundays
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 06:08 PM
Registered MisUser
whiteturbo's Avatar
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
721 Posts
@HappySundays, oops yes i missed that, that was my thought too but i think timecop thinks different.Did your buzzer have to be removed?
@timecop, the buzzer was on constant from the time i plugged the BEC in, all i did was solder a line between motor live and RX live and everything else checks out OK, Who needs a frigging buzzer anyway LOL
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 06:12 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Hm, that doesn't sound right, my freeflight I also bypassed (well, totally desoldered) the switching regulator and power from 5V, but buzzer is on as normal. You sure you didn't short something? Old version of code had buzzer inverted, so when it was off in software, it would be on, but in that case you could hear the startup beeping and calibration beep etc. If it's solidly on I'm guessing either something is shorted or maybe you shot that gpio pin that it's connected to somehow.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 23, 2012, 06:14 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
HappySundays's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
2,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteturbo View Post
@HappySundays, oops yes i missed that, that was my thought too but i think timecop thinks different.Did your buzzer have to be removed?
@timecop, the buzzer was on constant from the time i plugged the BEC in, all i did was solder a line between motor live and RX live and everything else checks out OK, Who needs a frigging buzzer anyway LOL
Well actually my buzzer broke a leg off while I was trying to desolder it so... I can't help you there. I use TC's AfroFlight32 now but have not tried the buzzer out yet.
HappySundays is offline Find More Posts by HappySundays
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2012, 06:32 PM
Registered MisUser
whiteturbo's Avatar
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays View Post
Well actually my buzzer broke a leg off while I was trying to desolder it so... I can't help you there. I use TC's AfroFlight32 now but have not tried the buzzer out yet.
My Afroflight32 is up and running to, just playing with the freeflight FF after all its still a 32 bit FCB and deserves a home

@timecop, i dont see how even i could be that incompetent, after all it was only soldering two joints and one little wire and ive even checked them under the magnifying glass to make sure, and i didnt remove the buzzer until after, to stop it buzzing.
Oh well just have to go buzzerless on the FF
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Complete MultiWii Quadcopter Flight Controller madushan2008 Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 3 Aug 11, 2011 08:25 AM
Sold FY90Q Flight Controller for Quadcopter - $70 shipped jpsabo Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 1 Jul 29, 2011 10:21 AM
For Sale Complete MultiWii Quadcopter Flight Controller Kit madushan2008 Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 7 Jul 26, 2011 08:58 AM
Sold Multi Wii flight controller with auto level ver 1.7 tc3wins Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 1 May 08, 2011 01:02 AM
Video Trex SE...3d flight with auto Nick Maxwell Electric Heli Talk 10 Dec 18, 2006 09:23 PM