HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:42 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
Hmm, could be, but why would they switch from SMT caps to through-hole junk for production version, it doesnt make sense. And it's not called freeflight in the green version,, so I'm guessing maybe better call it 1.0 version of clone

Anyhow looks like some of my revised clone pcbs are starting to arrive and I got all the other parts in so maybe I'll make a few this week.
very nice!quality of pcb seem to be far better
great job tc
titeuf007 is offline Find More Posts by titeuf007
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:48 AM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Maitland
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
hey timecop does this look like a good deal?

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/9dof-imu-...eter-gyro.html

what if you created a simple board that uses that module? so you buy the board($10-20) that has processor and voltage regulation etc., buy that 9DOF module and plug it on the board?

on the board, have ISP header(flash avr with new firmware), RX input, ESC output, and finally the pins to plug that 9DOF module in.

sounds easier than DIY multiwii. although the quadrino advanced board would be about the same price ($125)

"This is a 9 Degree of Freedom Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) sensor platform. The all digital design has a BMA180 3-axis accelerometer, ITG3200 3-axis rate gyro, HMC5883L 3-axis magnetometer and BMP085 barometric pressure sensor."
chatch15117 is offline Find More Posts by chatch15117
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 14, 2012, 08:51 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatch15117 View Post
hey timecop does this look like a good deal?

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/9dof-imu-...eter-gyro.html

what if you created a simple board that uses that module? so you buy the board($10-20) that has processor and voltage regulation etc., buy that 9DOF module and plug it on the board?

on the board, have ISP header(flash avr with new firmware), RX input, ESC output, and finally the pins to plug that 9DOF module in.

sounds easier than DIY multiwii. although the quadrino advanced board would be about the same price ($125)

"This is a 9 Degree of Freedom Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) sensor platform. The all digital design has a BMA180 3-axis accelerometer, ITG3200 3-axis rate gyro, HMC5883L 3-axis magnetometer and BMP085 barometric pressure sensor."
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1594501

I plan to price final versions very similar to this
I'm tired of all the people charging out of the butt for crap sensor breakout boards.

Also: screw AVR.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:18 AM
Trying to learn.
Moscow, Russia
Joined Jun 2010
181 Posts
Quote:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1594501
I plan to price final versions very similar to this
Wow, i was late for this.. Maybe next version..

TC, any chances of 32f405/7 onboard? FPU inside is like dream.. (64 legs instead of 48 of course..)
leprud is offline Find More Posts by leprud
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:18 AM
I don't speak German ....Yet !
Germany, Baden-Württemberg, Weissach im Tal
Joined Dec 2010
774 Posts
TC that fix seems to work, but looks like I have maybe fried my stm because after 5min it reboots all the time, if I leave it off for some minutes it works again for a short time...think I'll strip the one from my stm8 discovery, (the stm32 used for st-link part) not sure if it will work, but it will be faster than waiting for a new one. Only thing is I then loose the st-link part, but I have this still on the stm32 discovery so not a big deal.

About your board, I have one question, I know it is a clone, and that is why you used the same pinout, but don't you think a better pinout, also using the onboard usb can make a even better board ? I am like I said before no dev, but I am willing to test (why I got a stm32 discovery) and personally I think it will be better to have a different pin assignment.

O and I am sorry I missed the post about the one you sold, would have been 1st in line If I saw it in time.

Groot
GrootWitBaas is offline Find More Posts by GrootWitBaas
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:23 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
The goal of this is to move multiwii to a less fail platform, I did already make something with proper pinout, but until there is useful software, might as well clone ff.

Oh, and stm32 off stlink will work.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:30 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
you could easily charge $100 for that board timecop, it's a real gift if you start selling these at only $60

I don't know anyone in the production industry, for bulk manufacturing(for ordering 500 boards or something) but i think these will sell like hotcakes.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:50 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leprud View Post
Wow, i was late for this.. Maybe next version..

TC, any chances of 32f405/7 onboard? FPU inside is like dream.. (64 legs instead of 48 of course..)
eh, and who is going to code? I had f2/f4 hardware available months ago but I'm too unskilled to do anything cool with it.

Groot, 5 minute resets are with my firmware only or also ff?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:02 AM
Trying to learn.
Moscow, Russia
Joined Jun 2010
181 Posts
Quote:
eh, and who is going to code? I had f2/f4 hardware available months ago but I'm too unskilled to do anything cool with it.
Ha, show me skilled man..
Well, now i'm into multiwii code for FF, have some progress, but not much to show..
leprud is offline Find More Posts by leprud
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:06 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Would be nice to clean up the imu with better math instead of approximations, and do proper sensor fusion so that mag isn't useless above 25deg inclination, etc.

I will move the project to google code soon, now that all the drivers work properly.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:15 AM
Joined Sep 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
... but I'm too unskilled to do anything cool with it....
That's gotta be the understatement of the year, lol!
javemtr is offline Find More Posts by javemtr
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:43 AM
Joined Dec 2010
774 Posts
Quote:

Groot, 5 minute resets are with my firmware only or also ff?
with everything .... like I said I think I fried it ...either was to slow with the hotair close to it or messed it while redoing the solder on the chip itself. I will strip the stlink one out quick and have a look.

O and we all know you are well skilled with the code
Old Feb 14, 2012, 02:52 PM
Joined Dec 2010
774 Posts
ok it was NOT the stm that was fried ....it perfect, it was/is one of the others. stripped them both off, wired a 9dof from sparkfun and all is perfect (well the orintation is c**p but yea)

So In my effords I have now ruined a perfect stm8 discovry I can for sure stick the stm back, but the stlink code ....

Ok tested your code (even thou chip orentation is completly wrong) but seems to work. seems a bit over sensitive ....but again could be the way I have added it. starts perfect every time now. tried also the old code (blink on start) and this did not work. next I want to get rid of 5v circuit, just keep the 3,3v and see what happens then.

Should not use a $50 board for testing

When are you posting the file so I can get a board or two made ? or even beter have you something with better pin usage (for exaple using the onboard usb)

Update:
Replaced the 345B with a new one, evrything else back and working with the last code without problems. starts 1st time every time. Gui looks good. left it running for 10+min and all still fine.
Last edited by GrootWitBaas; Feb 14, 2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 05:10 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
2,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrootWitBaas View Post
Update:
Replaced the 345B with a new one, evrything else back and working with the last code without problems. starts 1st time every time. Gui looks good. left it running for 10+min and all still fine.
Looks like there are lots of problems with the ADXL345s used on the FF board.
HappySundays is offline Find More Posts by HappySundays
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
timecop you have pm disabled(for good reason, lol) so i will just post this here

I live 20 minutes away from where Hoverfly is manufactured. It is a local place. http://qmscfl.webs.com/

They dont even have their own website, it is hosted by freewebs haha. Anyways, I would like to see if they could make your green board for cheap. I'm not trying to steal your idea/glory/profits, i simply want an easy way to manufacture and distribute these boards.

Quote:
I'm tired of all the people charging out of the butt for crap sensor breakout boards.
This is what I believe in.
Quote:
I'm tired of all the people charging out of the butt
Mainly this lol

Enough with the $250+ DJI or hoverfly boards. Openpilot is still king but they have production problems. If we could get the ball rolling I bet there would be a huge user/developer base for your boards, especially if they were not out of stock 99% of the time.

let me know what you think.