HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 28, 2003, 06:50 PM
Box Elder, SD
Joined May 2002
1,473 Posts
What did you do today??

Yep, I'm bored. Its been too windy all weekend to even think about flying! Darn wind! 3 of us were suppose to go out this weekend and mess around with Slow Sticks, I finially finished the Tiger Moth, I've had for who knows how long, so it was ready to go. However the wind right now is 12mph gusting to 25mph

So today I read my email about 200 times, checked out E-Zone several thousand times, fired up the ham radio and talked to a few guys, ordered 4 new micro servos, and worked on my Dandy Sport wing some.

The wind has about 1 1/2 hours to die down before it get dark! You watch, 1 minute after its dark there will be no wind!

So like what did you do today??

CrashinJ
nr5a is offline Find More Posts by nr5a
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2003, 07:01 PM
Motor Maniac
Orange County, CA
Joined Feb 2002
2,875 Posts
Maidened my GWS Corsair and crashed my Nemesis. Crash was due to a faulty battery. It is repairable. Corsiar maiden was nervous time, but it flew with almost no trim adjustment. Flew slower than I expected (stock build, Etec 1200 2S1P pack, 10x6HD prop). Well, it does fly! It was overcast here, but no wind at all.
10Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 10Thumbs
Old Sep 28, 2003, 07:03 PM
HobbyKing
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2001
4,528 Posts
Slept in, considered going flying...didn't feel like packing all my stuff up. Stayed in my room, responded to some posts, attempted to do some homework, cleaned my room. Its 5:00 and now its time to go make dinner... hopefully the post-dinner hours are more productive..but probably not.

--Paul
Paul Susbauer is offline Find More Posts by Paul Susbauer
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 28, 2003, 07:07 PM
wild in the park?
McDonough, GA
Joined Mar 2003
1,614 Posts
too windy here also.
temps are nice and low, fall is in the air.

Today I made several posts, I hope they had some value...

Cleaned out the gutters, one had a tennis ball stuck in the elbow. Dang kids, I told them to tell me when they get a ball stuck on the roof and I will retreive it...

I aslo worked on my new carport for my truck.
Sitting out in the elements is not good for vehicles so I'm building a 12'x20' carport for my '86 Ford 4x4.

Now it is Budweiser time...

Bil
wherndon is offline Find More Posts by wherndon
Old Sep 28, 2003, 07:13 PM
Oklahoma
Joined Nov 2002
15 Posts
got two flights on my formosa second was with the hyper drive prop much better than regular prop and then did some work on my 3dx and my miniflash
jetfxr is offline Find More Posts by jetfxr
Old Sep 28, 2003, 07:21 PM
Enter clever saying here~
Michigan
Joined Mar 2003
494 Posts
Rain...sun...rain...rain...rain...rain........

Built a new FFF Steath Sport to replace my first attempt. This one is much better. The only plane I would have tried to fly in this questionable weather is my PCW and I'm out of props. :-o

Oh, I made chili today also.

Rain...rain...rain...sun...rain...
Park_IT is offline Find More Posts by Park_IT
Old Sep 28, 2003, 07:30 PM
MultipleCrashSurvivor
USA, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jan 2003
2,886 Posts
Met up with JVBAV8, synwpn and some other flyers. Got to fly my P-51, which flew great today. Also flew my XB-29 and Tiger Moth. Not as many people showed up as I was hoping but we had fun. Synwpn had his Zero maidened and it'll fly great when he gets his TP pack ready to go.
Might go to the air field to watch my friend fly his Fokker tri-plane. It's too windy there but cool place to talk to the other fliers.
drksyd is offline Find More Posts by drksyd
Old Sep 28, 2003, 07:33 PM
Average User
Bakersfield, California
Joined Aug 2003
1,726 Posts
Flew this morning around 8:00. 4 great flights with the Shark and 2 with the trusty ZAGI. Went out again this afternoon with my brother-in-law and nephew. They both fly slimers. Nice looking planes, but......you know.
I nosed in the landing on the Shark's 3rd battery pack and stripped the main gear. The Shark is grounded until I get parts.
On the 3rd ZAGI flight, the 480 brushes gave it up. This is after about 60 flights total. So the Zagi's grounded also.
It's about 85 degrees outside with no wind. And I have no plane to fly.....I'm planeless...without plane. Double Rats!!
Phat
M Ashmore is offline Find More Posts by M Ashmore
Old Sep 28, 2003, 07:41 PM
Tree? That's a Tx weed!
Central Texas
Joined Apr 2003
2,434 Posts
Unloaded my van after an incredible (and trying) event yesterday (many demos, much flying, mid-80's with light to no wind but high humidity). Because I was stupid I forgot the sun block and today ever trip outside was PAINFUL. I resemble a very overdone lobster right now.
Read MA and am going to get the Scratch One box of materials from aerocraft (?) and the plans so I can use it as a teaching project for my 11 year old. He flies and helps build but has not done a full project yet.
Crash
crashsiegel is offline Find More Posts by crashsiegel
Old Sep 28, 2003, 07:46 PM
Laminar airflow = good.
QLD, Australia
Joined Aug 2003
115 Posts
Made a few rcgroups posts, IRC'd a bit, did some coding and worked a little on my bitcar conversion.
Nothing too strenuous.
LemurFemur is offline Find More Posts by LemurFemur
Old Sep 28, 2003, 08:09 PM
jam on it?
prescott, az
Joined Jan 2002
32 Posts
Finally made it to the covering stage of the Tantrum's construction, and got off my butt and ordered a Hacker motor, some props, some SoLite, and that is about all. Maybe next time, I'll be flying.
kindferris is offline Find More Posts by kindferris
Old Sep 28, 2003, 08:33 PM
Jacksonville Intl, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
72 Posts
This Weekend ROCKED!!!!

Saturday - Body Surfed @ Vilano Beach
Sunday - Maidened the Tipsy with 4 flights at the local school yard (All on the same charge of a Kokam 1200 2S1)
All in all a very enjoyable weekend!
Rokkyt is offline Find More Posts by Rokkyt
Old Sep 29, 2003, 01:24 AM
Perth Westen Australia
Joined Jun 2003
443 Posts
Saturday worked from home and flew in the morning
Sunday, she who must be obeyed's birthday, flew less and went to our Royal Agricultural Show
Today (long weekend) rain inside , sun fly a bit , more rain charge the batteries and wait for the sun.
gtstubbs is offline Find More Posts by gtstubbs
Old Sep 29, 2003, 06:00 AM
Honolulu Intl, Hawaii, United States
Joined Jun 2003
472 Posts
flew with drksyd and synpwn and a few others
maidened synpwn's zero and it was a little scary with the aft cg
flew good though and it will be great after it gets dialed in
drksyd's p51 is a lot better now with a different prop combo
nice job!
crashed my corsair real hard
perceived aircraft attitude disorientation - yeah that's a good name for it
low inverted pass with a wide sweeping turn
add the sun right in your eyes
aircraft is flying blind for a few second while passing right in front of me
on the other side I pushed to start a climb and the darn thing went down
the corsair has a very strong dihedral effect which positively levels the wings while upright
it also rolls itself upright from inverted too!
by the time I figured out it did that and pulled up it was only miliseconds from impact and too late
snapped the wing in half really bad

and flew it again less than 1 hour later
and it still flew great
gotta fix the crack cosmetically now
JVBAV8 is offline Find More Posts by JVBAV8
Old Sep 29, 2003, 10:12 AM
eight ifo's and counting
PA
Joined Feb 2002
96 Posts
I got up at 6:30 AM and it was still dark out. Went to my local field and flew my Blue MK3 IFO and pink 85% IFO's with the M100 EPS 100c D 6.6:1 gearbox and 12 x 6 and 11 x 4.7 props. Both flew great until the wind came up.
PA GOLD is offline Find More Posts by PA GOLD