SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:02 PM
Bla
Joined Nov 2011
28 Posts
Discussion
Traxxas e revo 1 16 vxl

hey guys i was thinking about getting the e revo vxl is it a good mild to easy bashing truck (as far as how tough it is) ? also does anyone know about some batterys with the trx or traxxas connectors it has to be lipo also a good charger would be nice to. thx
Bla is offline Find More Posts by Bla
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2011, 05:24 AM
Italia, Valle d'Aosta, Aosta
Joined Nov 2011
17 Posts
It is lot of fun , has great power with stock electronics and 2s. I find it also very durable, I've smashed it a dozen of times and only broke one time the arms from the chassis to the wheel (sorry, don't know the exact term, italian here XD). Can't help you with batteries though, I use EC3 connectors.
Zampa is offline Find More Posts by Zampa
Old Dec 01, 2011, 02:49 PM
Bla
Joined Nov 2011
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zampa View Post
It is lot of fun , has great power with stock electronics and 2s. I find it also very durable, I've smashed it a dozen of times and only broke one time the arms from the chassis to the wheel (sorry, don't know the exact term, italian here XD). Can't help you with batteries though, I use EC3 connectors.
Ok thx for the help maybe someone else will help with the battery and charger part
Old Dec 01, 2011, 07:11 PM
Mt helena western australia
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
ooohhh yeh, this thing will take a beating but still it does like a few upgrades, a few i can recommend is new tyres, new axles, new shocks (eventualy they wear out) aluminium hubs as the stock ones wear out and aluminium linkages to get rid of that play, this will add about 100-130 to the truck but most of these should only be bought when needed.

As for a battery and charger combo, my friend runs these http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=6540 (youll have to solder a different connector on)

and for his charger http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...cessories.html

and power supply http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...er_Supply.html
rangamatchstic is offline Find More Posts by rangamatchstic
Old Dec 02, 2011, 03:33 AM
t=1007606
Joined Dec 2006
424 Posts
I just today got my ERevo VXL
I also got a spare NiCd battery (will get the Duel harnes for more speed later)
I also go 2 2s1800 LiPo's

Got a lipro Quad6 to charge.

What I would like to know myself is can I use 3S in these little Beasts
Yeah Like 2s wasnt enough lol. just having a blast around on 2s was enough to get me Freakin Peakin and Just not Speakin. I love love love it. (didnt get a chance in the area I was Bashing around in to get up to full speed. But Wow. its just went. Had a blast lettin the dogs at the local park just near by chase it. No way they were going to get it. lol. But I did toy with then, The dogs owner was asking about the car and was thinking of getting one. lol lol.

Best thing is, It has the Trainer mode. so I can hand it to the kid (but even the trainer mode is a boot full of power. (so I told the kid <6yo> to take it easy and Boy was I making sure he did.

Its a pitty he tore the wheel off his little 1/16 Mini Inferno, we could have had a bit more Father sone time
HX3D014 is offline Find More Posts by HX3D014
Old Dec 02, 2011, 12:45 PM
why am i here???????
United States, OR, Oregon City
Joined Mar 2009
714 Posts
Just buy a couple of the traxxas lipo's for it. they have held up for me since the day i bought it. but watch the rear diff. For some dam reason I have already stripped my 2nd ring and pinion since i bought it. now i am gonna get a aluminum bulkhead and shim it to see if that is the problem. But the traxxas lipos's are 30 bucks or so for the 2200 mah 2s and the 3s lipo not sure of mah are about 30 also so any of the traxxas lipo's for it would work perfectly.
traxxas13 is offline Find More Posts by traxxas13
Old Dec 02, 2011, 11:59 PM
Mt helena western australia
Joined May 2009
2,013 Posts
^can use 3s, but dont, evrything will over heat and it is just to much power as 2s is more than enough to get this little beasty to flip onto its lid.
rangamatchstic is offline Find More Posts by rangamatchstic
Old Dec 03, 2011, 03:57 AM
t=1007606
Joined Dec 2006
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangamatchstic View Post
^can use 3s, but donít, everything will over heat and it is just to much power as 2s is more than enough to get this little beasty to flip onto its lid.
lol. I notice that today.. throttle management is the key (which I am still learning how to hold) Showed a neighbor down the drive way of a block of units, and it was going down hill. just a bit to much throttle and over it went. Awful scraping noise as it slid along in its back backwards.

I was letting the kid have a go at it today, adjusted the end points first. so that it would not outrun his brushed mini inferno. that way it was not any better to him and he swapped back pretty soon
I noticed there is a Percentage option for the trigger (throttle neutral position adjustment). currently I am using the stock 50/50 but I am thinking now about the 70/30 option.

The thing for me (41yo) is a wild rabid rabbit with 2s and set to training mode. but when I get it on to the Sport mode, its like that same rabbit but one that had been fed energy drinks and is trying to chase after 20 female rabbits all at once. Man I love this thing.

I have been running it on loose gravel and that tends to keep it from flipping from the straight line take off.
HX3D014 is offline Find More Posts by HX3D014
Old Dec 03, 2011, 05:52 PM
Texas
Joined Aug 2006
1,168 Posts
I run nothing but 3S in mine and have not had it overheat, ever here in 90+F weather. I did have to upgrade to steel cvds as 3S kept breaking the plastic ones. You do have to learn t moderate the throttle as pretty much any speed if you mash it, it will be on the lid just about instantly.
Duster_360 is offline Find More Posts by Duster_360
Old Dec 05, 2011, 06:37 AM
True Modder.
Joined Jun 2011
91 Posts
This thing is awsome, broke some front a arms and the steering links and shock pushrods but that is with 2x 2200mah 3s X power lipos and some Proline dirt Hawgs 2.2 with rims.
The X Power lipos fit snugly and does requier to cut the battery doors to let the wires fit. Got some 1hr bassing times with those in parralel.
sledge21 is offline Find More Posts by sledge21
Old Dec 11, 2011, 08:42 PM
Bla
Joined Nov 2011
28 Posts
thx for all ur help guys but ill stick with stock battery and charger i think ill put some hop ups on it like rangamatchstic suggested though.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 06:43 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
I just won one off of ebay with the following upgrades:

1. RPM A Arms
2. Aluminum HR Hubs
3. Traxxas Aluminum Toe Links
4. Aluminum Tie Rods
5. Traxxas Metal CVD's

Bought some dirt hawgs on bead locs and a slipstream body for it.

The only thing that I might add to it are upgraded shocks.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Last edited by IndyMatt; Dec 12, 2011 at 06:49 AM.