Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 30, 2011, 05:44 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Contest
Banana Hobby GENESIS POWER LiPo Battery FREE Giveaway!

Check it out Pilots! Free Lipo Giveaway!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1548230
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2011, 08:31 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
From Banana Hobby? Thanks, but no thanks.
NoFlyZone is offline Find More Posts by NoFlyZone
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:33 PM
Joined Oct 2011
412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFlyZone View Post
From Banana Hobby? Thanks, but no thanks.
Why would you say that, so far my experiences with them have been nothing but positive. I recognize that they (like many businesses) have had significant issues at times but to make a blanket comment like that seems absurd. Now if you took advantage of the offer and happened to qualify you'd certainly be correct in voicing your opinion of the product you received....good or bad.
TxToast is offline Find More Posts by TxToast
Old Dec 01, 2011, 12:12 AM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,243 Posts
I have no experience ordering from BH yet. I did try to get in on the offer. Should qualify for one of the 40c packs unless I get booted for forgetting to state that I run Spektrum radio equip, and anderson Power Poles for connectors. I guess a 4500ma pack will have to do as they don't have a 5000 in 6s 40c.
V2rider is offline Find More Posts by V2rider
Old Dec 02, 2011, 05:31 PM
USA, VA, Newport News
Joined Jan 2010
1,477 Posts
Has anyone gotten one or been notified yet?
Cabledawg1 is offline Find More Posts by Cabledawg1
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2011, 06:14 PM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledawg1 View Post
Has anyone gotten one or been notified yet?
Nope. Thread has been closed for review for about 36 hrs now.
Old Dec 05, 2011, 09:12 AM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banana hobby View Post
Check it out Pilots! Free Lipo Giveaway!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1548230
Need some help with the winner list?
Old Dec 05, 2011, 06:09 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxToast View Post
Why would you say that, so far my experiences with them have been nothing but positive. I recognize that they (like many businesses) have had significant issues at times but to make a blanket comment like that seems absurd. Now if you took advantage of the offer and happened to qualify you'd certainly be correct in voicing your opinion of the product you received....good or bad.
I guess its from past experiance.
We shall have to wait and see if they honor there giveaway.
eckace1 is online now Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Dec 05, 2011, 08:13 PM
Joined Oct 2011
412 Posts
I understand what your saying and undoubtedly they have some prior issues. This type of non brick and mortar business will have issues. However the flip side is I bought a hyperion from my LHS (was for a UM) and it went bad. Took it back and he asked me if it had ever been in a crash...jeez it's a UM in central TX....duh...of course it has. He looks at me and says well the crash must have damaged it. So now I buy all my batteries on line....
Old Dec 05, 2011, 08:48 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,770 Posts
Quote:
I understand what your saying and undoubtedly they have some prior issues. This type of non brick and mortar business will have issues. However the flip side is I bought a hyperion from my LHS (was for a UM) and it went bad. Took it back and he asked me if it had ever been in a crash...jeez it's a UM in central TX....duh...of course it has. He looks at me and says well the crash must have damaged it. So now I buy all my batteries on line....
So what you are saying is companys should replace damaged goods from a crash.
Show me where as I always wanted to try 3d flying and edf jets.
Old Dec 05, 2011, 08:55 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post
So what you are saying is companys should replace damaged goods from a crash.
Show me where as I always wanted to try 3d flying and edf jets.
That actually made me chuckle...
Old Dec 05, 2011, 09:25 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFlyZone View Post
That actually made me chuckle...
We both know where the next chuckle will come from.
Dam that just cost me a free $10 lipo.
Old Dec 06, 2011, 10:38 AM
Joined Oct 2011
412 Posts
There was no sign of any damage or puffiness to the lipo. The battery in question wasn't used more then a few dozen cycles and the "crash" was a low speed inverted whoops in my polecat...actually 3 or 4 of them. I'm sorry but to me that's entirely unrelated to the battery failure. The battery looks pristine. Now I'm not going to lie to the guy so I told the truth. End result is he's lost about $300-400 in battery purchases.

So no a company shouldn't replace something damaged in a crash....however a crash doesn't automatically damage a battery.
Old Dec 06, 2011, 11:07 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Quote:

So no a company shouldn't replace something damaged in a crash....however a crash doesn't automatically damage a battery.
And a battery that's been through a few dozen cycles, and 3-4 inverted crashes does not necessarily have a manufacturing defect just because it finally quits working.
Old Dec 06, 2011, 12:06 PM
Joined Oct 2011
412 Posts
To me a few dozen cycles for a premium battery is unacceptable. As for "crashes" in a UM I think your being a bit harsh. As a general rule UM's don't generate enough force especially since we're dealing with can I clip the grass type inverted passes. Only one of them even damaged the vertical slab so we're not talking about any significant impact on the battery. Now I look at it this way. If you've got a guy who spent roughly $1000 in your shop over the last month and he brings back a $10 battery you give him the benefit of the doubt even if you feel he's "wrong". Especially if its for a product like the Hyperions. I ended up buying 3 Nano-tech and 3 GenAce 2200's and a dozen mixed 1300's and a similar number of 800/850's (all 11.1V) as a direct result.

I'm not going to pay $20-30+ per battery if I have any doubt at all about the vendors willingness to stand behind the product. Out of everything I bought the only ones I'm not really happy with are the 25C Sky Lipo's...so I won't buy them anymore...
Last edited by TxToast; Dec 08, 2011 at 07:48 AM.