SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 30, 2011, 05:23 PM
USA, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Mar 2010
658 Posts
Question
Anyone have any experience with this plane ?

Just stumbled across a good looking Edge 540, 47" wingspan from Hobby King.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=18973

Just wondering if anyone has one and how they felt it flies, not looking to hear how much better 3dhs, PA,, Extreme flight, or any other supposed "only" maufacturer is, just curious about this specific airframe.

Please only respond if you actually have experience with this plane, don't tell me how awful you can tell it will be from looking at the pics, and how much better "brand X" 's plane is.
rcguy1958 is offline Find More Posts by rcguy1958
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2011, 07:54 PM
United States, OK, Norman
Joined Mar 2010
1,499 Posts
There is a whole thread on it in this forum area already... you probably should look and read it if you are interested
rdsok is offline Find More Posts by rdsok
Old Dec 01, 2011, 05:43 AM
USA, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Mar 2010
658 Posts
Actually , there isn't a thread on this model, only found the thread for the super lightweight version.
Old Dec 01, 2011, 06:43 AM
Ku-Meeeeeeeeezzzzzz
central tx
Joined Apr 2009
1,938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcguy1958 View Post
Just stumbled across a good looking Edge 540, 47" wingspan from Hobby King.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=18973

Just wondering if anyone has one and how they felt it flies, not looking to hear how much better 3dhs, PA,, Extreme flight, or any other supposed "only" maufacturer is, just curious about this specific airframe.

Please only respond if you actually have experience with this plane, don't tell me how awful you can tell it will be from looking at the pics, and how much better "brand X" 's plane is.
there is a whiny self promoting little beach that would be in here trying to pimp the planes he represents. i sure am glad you put the brakes on that

good luck with the information you seek
Elixir220 is offline Find More Posts by Elixir220
Old Dec 01, 2011, 09:26 AM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcguy1958 View Post
Actually , there isn't a thread on this model, only found the thread for the super lightweight version.
Actually there is a thread on this but since you don't care for any of the advice on why you shouldn't get thus I hope people don't point it out.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Dec 01, 2011, 09:41 AM
USA, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Mar 2010
658 Posts
I asked a simple question....if anyone has actual experience with this model....and if the people who ACTUALLY own this model advise me not to consider it , that is advice I will take.
I wouldn't take advice from someone who looks at a single photo, or the specs, or the distributor, and arbitrarally decides it is no good.

I have used the search function, and physically searched every page of the 3d flight forum, and was unable to find a thread on this specific edge, so if anyone has a link it would be greatly appreciated.

It amazes me how the hobby king haters get so grumpy when you don't want to hear their rants.
Old Dec 01, 2011, 09:43 AM
USA, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Mar 2010
658 Posts
Ok...my apologies for those who said there was a thread as I have found it.