HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by heli hamilton, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 02:35 PM
United Kingdom, England, Wolverhampton
Joined Jan 2011
29 Posts
Discussion
Parkzone night vapour

Ive recently brought the night vapour from kings lyn model shop online.
I have to say i never thought i would get into planes but this one is pretty fun as you can fly it slow enough in the house. I have been recommended to upgrade to the cub J3 motor to give it the extra power to hover. Its good enough for now though.
I also purchased a DX6i with a receiver and brought an F16 jet too. Im not opening that until xmas though.
I think i may go for the F27 Q sooner or later. Il stick with the vapour for now and the F16 64mm ducted fan.
heli hamilton is offline Find More Posts by heli hamilton
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2011, 04:21 PM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Aug 2011
1,081 Posts
I don't know if you want to go from a night vapor to a 64mm edf jet, even if you have sim time- you should get an aileron trainer first, like a parkzone t-28(micro or parkflyer), and then maybe something a bit faster and more responsive, like a stryker, or a wildcat. Good luck whatever you go with!
copperbricks is offline Find More Posts by copperbricks
Old Dec 01, 2011, 02:28 PM
United Kingdom, England, Wolverhampton
Joined Jan 2011
29 Posts
F16 jet

The jet is only a 3 channel. I fly helicopters anyway so am used to the controls of 4 and 6 channels even when facing me. I love speed. The vapour was just an excuse to fly in the house really and wind the miss's up lol. She is used to helicopters flying around. Even if i crashed the jet it was only 60 from a model job called end of the line RC, so i could always get another as they have loads in stock nobody wants as they dont make them no more. I will look into the t-28, and the stryker later on. Looks rapid. Heard that the servo rod pads are glued onto the paint of the wing and come off after a couple of flights. Bad design i suppose but an easy fix. Something for the future. Im into everything at the moment. Just need a boat,bike and a tank now,alread have heli's, planes,and cars.
If you see my blog around xmas saying the f-16 is smashed to pieces then you can have a good laugh! lol
heli hamilton is offline Find More Posts by heli hamilton
Old Dec 01, 2011, 10:21 PM
You can't take the sky from me
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Aug 2011
1,081 Posts
Lol, good luck!
copperbricks is offline Find More Posts by copperbricks