HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2011, 11:51 AM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Sep 2005
75 Posts
Discussion
Aeromod Prodij HM

Have you seen the new 60" slope racer Prodij HM from AEROMOD ?
http://www.aeromod.eu/
Only in french but google translation is your friend...
On this page you can see a video of the prototype flying (Prodij HM wing and tail on a Minij fuse)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=A3pUKucjo2I

Looks promissing.

Fuse mold is in process now and the commercial version will be soon available.

Loïc
Blanco Loïc is online now Find More Posts by Blanco Loïc
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2011, 01:21 PM
If it can-it will!
Gower South Wales UK
Joined May 2007
2,075 Posts
Blanco- briefly what's been changed from the original?
It looks much the same.

I flew mine to death over about three years- great model, flew in a huge wind range, and tough with it!
cliffhanger is offline Find More Posts by cliffhanger
Old Nov 30, 2011, 01:34 PM
Joined Sep 2005
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffhanger View Post
Blanco- briefly what's been changed from the original?
It looks much the same.

I flew mine to death over about three years- great model, flew in a huge wind range, and tough with it!
Looks very similar but in fact a lot of differences:
New fuse looks the same but much thinner (on the photo and video it's a Minij fuse).
2 parts removable tails.
One piece wing with one flap and aileron (like the Miraj) to have butterfly at landing.
Hollow mold (CNC mold) with the same technics than Alliaj HM (really strong plane) and at last but not least a complete aerodynamical new design made by JLuc Foucher (same designer than for Alliaj HM): from what we have seen, clearly faster than original Prodij and better turn specialy with a lot of ballast (ballast in fuse and wing for hard core DS version).
Always very good in low wind.
Hope to fly it myself very soon...
Loïc
Old Nov 30, 2011, 09:27 PM
Milpitas, CA
Joined Jun 2002
182 Posts
Fantastic! I'm very interested in how the new Prodij turns out. I have two of the earlier models and they are my favorite 60" slopers. Thanks for sharing.
Dood is offline Find More Posts by Dood
Old Nov 30, 2011, 10:04 PM
Eagles are my nemesis
United States, AK, Kodiak
Joined Aug 2011
163 Posts
Not a bad looking plane(airframe) though the graphics on this and any of their models is terrible. Just my opinion of course.
slope4evr is offline Find More Posts by slope4evr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Rodent R3
Old Dec 01, 2011, 02:03 AM
USA, CA, Seal Beach
Joined Aug 2010
233 Posts
I loved my old prodij. Is F3X.com importing these?

Matt
lblife is offline Find More Posts by lblife
Old Dec 01, 2011, 10:42 AM
Build A Rocket Boys!
Portland, Oregon
Joined May 2002
4,055 Posts
Good to see the ProdiJ is evolving but absolutely nothing wrong with the original version. Great performance and STRONG!
PDX Slope Pilot is offline Find More Posts by PDX Slope Pilot
Last edited by PDX Slope Pilot; Dec 01, 2011 at 07:56 PM.
Old Dec 01, 2011, 12:02 PM
Joined Sep 2005
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lblife View Post
I loved my old prodij. Is F3X.com importing these?

Matt
I don't know. Only Alex and Tom can answer this question.
Loïc
Old Dec 01, 2011, 12:24 PM
more casual than stylish....
Joined Jan 2003
6,953 Posts
Will there be a Miraj HM eventually?
slopemeno is online now Find More Posts by slopemeno
Old Dec 01, 2011, 03:44 PM
Fun ain't cheap!
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Apr 2003
3,027 Posts
That's great news, I have had three of the original Prodij's and they got more airtime than any of the other 60"ers that I have had: Fun and tough!
droydx is offline Find More Posts by droydx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Sosos
Old Dec 01, 2011, 03:47 PM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,985 Posts
IMO one of the big pluses of Aeromod planes is their incredibly strong "solid" wing construction. Hollow moulded seems a retrograde step... I can see that for F3F it may have advantages, but not for a sport plane.
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old Dec 01, 2011, 03:51 PM
Impatience is a virtue
Denver, Colorado
Joined Nov 2008
682 Posts
I've got several of the originals as well. IMO, several of the great attributes of the originals are the speed and incredible roll rate. The durability of the foam core wing is a real plus also.

The new center flap should be really nice for landing, but I wonder how/if the smaller ailerons will effect the roll rate?

In any case, I'm really interested to see more of the Prodij 2.0.
MCH27t is offline Find More Posts by MCH27t
Old Dec 01, 2011, 03:55 PM
Suomi, Länsi-Suomi, Uurainen
Joined Jan 2004
681 Posts
Well, when I heard that the original Prodij is going to be replaced with the new Prodij HM, I did order an original Prodij straight away before it was too late My old one has got a lot battle damage and will be retired sooner or later...
Harri Pihl is offline Find More Posts by Harri Pihl
Old Dec 02, 2011, 12:23 AM
F3X
Costa Mesa, CA USA
Joined Jun 2001
1,822 Posts
That thing is so cute, No need to worry about durability, the Alliaj HM has proven is current HM (hollow Molded) construction to be extremely tough, he uses no core and a series of "spars" to keep the airfoil shape. The wings are much tougher than normal carbon/core/glass models.

If you guys want a group buy let me know. Alexis is sending me the cost so we can plan. I think these will go fast, his designs are so popular in France.

Edit:

In the USA these will be 550-600. No building like the old Prodij, All molded. ARF (less servos.) I have 10 on reserve so email to get on the first delivery.

Thanks,
Tom
tom@f3x.com
F3X is offline Find More Posts by F3X
Last edited by F3X; Dec 02, 2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old Dec 02, 2011, 12:51 PM
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
4,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvanscho View Post
IMO one of the big pluses of Aeromod planes is their incredibly strong "solid" wing construction. Hollow moulded seems a retrograde step... I can see that for F3F it may have advantages, but not for a sport plane.
I'm inclined to agree, but suspect this is not a decision based entirely around optimising performance and durability...
  1. Once the moulds are made building these is going to take Aeromod considerably less time than a cut and bagged construction (I understand this is what happened with the Richter models - Michael couldn't make the economics of the cut Alulas and Weasels work any more, as they took too much time to make).
  2. They flew great, but most people agree that the build on the old Aeromod designs was pretty horrible. I've never seen one but suspect these HM versions are easier to build. Also now that hollow moulded models are so common, many modellers have the skills to assemble them already (there certainly aren't many commercially available bagged wing planes these days).
  3. Which is easier to repair, solid or HM? For most people that's a no-brainer, but that doesn't stop customers buying mouldies by the (relative) bucketload. For that reason Aeromod are almost certain to sell more of these than the previous version was shifting (most people rightly or wrongly assume old designs are inferior to new ones), not to mention the replacement wings and fuses when they get bent...
MattyB is online now Find More Posts by MattyB
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: EFX Racer