SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 02, 2011, 07:58 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrout View Post
and If I remember, its was brought up to defend himself from your attempts to do what you are doing now.
NoFlyZone is offline Find More Posts by NoFlyZone
Last edited by NoFlyZone; Dec 09, 2011 at 01:58 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2011, 08:04 PM
Waiting for the paint to dry.
Pasadena Maryland
Joined Oct 2009
1,233 Posts
And your still doing it.
ctrout is offline Find More Posts by ctrout
Old Dec 02, 2011, 08:07 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,033 Posts
"Subscribed."

I love a good train wreck.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Dec 02, 2011, 10:08 PM
Pusher jets rule!
Mesa, AZ
Joined Jan 2006
17,212 Posts
Can We All Just Get Along? For The Kids & Old People? RODNEY KING SPEAKS! (0 min 18 sec)

Just sayin'.

Pat
crxmanpat is offline Find More Posts by crxmanpat
Old Dec 02, 2011, 11:22 PM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
[...
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Last edited by sgtdirt; Feb 12, 2012 at 04:30 AM.
Old Dec 03, 2011, 07:23 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2006
4,258 Posts
Locking threads is an option provided by the owners/operators of this forum! I did not realize that a guy's "Manliness" was proportionate to the amount of threads he hasn't locked!
Mode One is offline Find More Posts by Mode One
Old Dec 03, 2011, 09:53 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
This whole thread is an example of that. The whole thing seems to be a bunch of people complaining about another user that they don't like. This has been going on for years with the same few people. It's obnoxious and provocation of the user they are complaining about.

If they don't like him, or what he posts, the easy answer is to not read it, or not respond. It ALWAYS ends up in childish bickering.

The rules talk about not provoking other users, about posts that have no point other than to draw forth a reaction from others... that's what happens, from the same people, many in this thread, over and over. And while they seem to be allowed to continue, others that have contributed articles and contests to the forum over a long period of years, get cut off to where they can not even edit their reported posts, which allows those that stalk them, to report, report, report, until they get those people banned or shut down.
I totally agree and you can see a perfect example of what you stated in this thread alone.

I started a thread in the AMA forum to discuss why the AMA forum is going downhill and why fewer and fewer people are posting in it and to see if there was anyhting we could do to reverse that trend. There were a few relevant posts and then the name calling began. Sadly, that's the way all the threads in the AMA forum seem to wind up these days.

Totally lost in this discussion are ways to help improve the AMA forum here on RCG. That was the basis for my thread and I am assuming this one as well, or was this thread started for a totally different reason?
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Old Dec 03, 2011, 09:54 AM
Joined Nov 2005
24,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFlyZone View Post
So you're saying that someone dug up an old post I made from 4 years ago in an effort to prove a point? And then made that 4 year old post the subject of a thread he started; and then locked a little while later?

Who would that user be? Would it be Murocflyer?

Well.... I'll be darned.... it was Murocflyer.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1472698
I'm glad you mentioned that. How is that buddy box working out for you? Was it worth the $48 you spent for it?
Old Dec 03, 2011, 09:59 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murocflyer View Post
I'm glad you mentioned that.
I know.
Old Dec 03, 2011, 10:04 AM
Joined Nov 2005
24,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TestUser01 View Post
Frank,

With all due respect and this is an opinion based on my observation, your posts are like a lightening rod for many, many people.

You have a zealotry for model aviation and I suspect that of the 387,039 members of RCG, (as of this post) only a handful of those members really have that kind of zealotry for RC hobbies, model aviation or the AMA.

You push these subjects/topics, prod them, urge them and toss them into the forums, asking questions that are just begging for someone to dissect. These questions have in my opinion, often sullied the AMA and could have quite possibly left many non AMA members of RCG wondering if they should have any involvement with the AMA.

In short, your zeal is not the zeal of every member here, nor do most of them want that kind of zeal. Most of us just want to fly our planes after a rough day or week at the office. Were are not interested in saving the planet through AMA or model aviation.

Give it a rest Frank, go fly every day if you can and just enjoy the hobby. I am certain the hobby and AMA will continue to carry on.
Right or wrong, I do love this sport and I am proud to be a member of the only organization in the USA that supports and promotes model aviation. I do not mind if people have that zeal or not, but I do mind when people try to run down and belittle the AMA and its members simply because they do not like the organization.

You see, I have volunteered thousands of hours of my time both locally and nationally to support model aviation and I know I am just a “babe in the woods” when it comes to some people who have been in this sport for decades like the folks in the AMA who have held positions as club officers, CDs, AVPs, or DVPs. They selflessly volunteer their time spending hours a day working for free and sacrificing their family time simply because they love model aviation. And like me, the most they can expect or want in return is a handshake and a “thanks a lot” at the end of the day. And to be honest, that’s all that is needed. It’s a labor of love.

I really do think it’s a shame to see people in the forums degrade those folks that have worked so hard to support model aviation. There are some folks who do all they can to try to belittle their efforts in almost every post they make. For some reason, their hobby is participating in forums in a negative manner. And that's the part I do not understand and I will probably never will.
Old Dec 03, 2011, 10:04 AM
Joined Nov 2005
24,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFlyZone View Post
I know.
How is that buddy box working out for you? Was it worth the $48 you spent for it?
Old Dec 03, 2011, 10:07 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2006
22,991 Posts
Quote:
They selflessly volunteer their time spending hours a day working for free and sacrificing their family time simply because they love model aviation.
They would do well to look around and realize that family comes first, flying model airplanes comes second.
Old Dec 03, 2011, 11:22 AM
Lou
United States, VA, Waynesboro
Joined Dec 2005
5,487 Posts
Quote:
I do not mind if people have that zeal or not, but I do mind when people try to run down and belittle the AMA and its members simply because they do not like the organization.
Defending someone or something is fine Frank, if done properly. However, if by the time one is finished defending, they have caused more destruction and harm than good for the subject they defended, then it was for naught. Your zeal for the hobby is at times blind and sometimes you do not know when to just let something 'go'. My view is that AMA has suffered from the defense given by some of its members. Public battles generally never benefit an organisation.

Quote:
You see, I have volunteered thousands of hours of my time both locally and nationally to support model aviation and I know I am just a “babe in the woods” when it comes to some people who have been in this sport for decades like the folks in the AMA who have held positions as club officers, CDs, AVPs, or DVPs. They selflessly volunteer their time spending hours a day working for free and sacrificing their family time simply because they love model aviation. And like me, the most they can expect or want in return is a handshake and a “thanks a lot” at the end of the day. And to be honest, that’s all that is needed. It’s a labor of love.
Those where your choices Frank. You and others have choosen to be the national flag bearer for model aviation, which is fine. Your family apparently in some cases likely paid a personal price for your effort. My question to you is this, "What is more important, your family or model aviation?" Model aviation will still be here a hundred years from now, us and our families will not.

Quote:
I really do think it’s a shame to see people in the forums degrade those folks that have worked so hard to support model aviation. There are some folks who do all they can to try to belittle their efforts in almost every post they make.
I never felt it was my place to defend those folks that worked so hard to support model aviation. I suspect they do not now nor ever expected me or anyone else to defend them or support them. These adults and organisations are probably quite capable of defending themselves. There are thousands of real problems in this world that command my attention and better deserve my focus, than model aviation.

Quote:
For some reason, their hobby is participating in forums in a negative manner. And that's the part I do not understand and I will probably never will.
Sometimes, a post that is a lightening rod post will bring out those that disagree with the original poster. It is not a negative person or post, it is an opinion that differs from our own belief. Granted that there are some members of any forum that are perpetual trollers and trouble makers. At the same time, there are good members that perform their own brand of innocent trolling by posts that are designed to perpetuate their own belief or needs. When someone perceives that there is an hidden agenda behind a post, it can sometimes bring out a response that the original poster does not appreciate. Honestly Frank, many of your threads seem to have a hidden agenda or zeal to them that just seem to set folks off onto a path that you do not care for.

I do have a great deal of respect for you Frank and for your enthusiasm for the hobby; I expect that others do as well. Please do not take these words as an assualt against your effort but more as a friendly conversation between two adults.
Lou is online now Find More Posts by Lou
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2011, 11:36 AM
Joined Nov 2005
24,921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TestUser01 View Post

<< Snip>>

I do have a great deal of respect for you Frank and for your enthusiasm for the hobby; I expect that others do as well. Please do not take these words as an assualt against your effort but more as a friendly conversation between two adults.
Instead of quoting your whole post I snipped it down some.

First off, I do not take any well thought out posts or comments as an assault or attack. I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

You mentioned my family suffering? That's not the case at all. We discussed all the things I have done and she is good with it. You see, I spent 21 years in the USAF and have been deployed around the globe serving my country. My wife is a beautiful person both inside and out and certainly understands my passions in life. Heck, she's happy I can be in the same state when I participate in these activities and not be in some foreign country away from home for months on end.

But I have throttled back a lot in my activities to spend more time with my family. I'd go on with the details, but I'm sure no one wants to hear about that.
Old Dec 03, 2011, 12:09 PM
Waiting for the paint to dry.
Pasadena Maryland
Joined Oct 2009
1,233 Posts
Seems like the few are just tryn to be helpful. They may be pushing you out of the forum so you can do better things with yout time Murocflyer. Sounds like fiends doing what they think is best for you at this point.
This is new.
ctrout is offline Find More Posts by ctrout