HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 23, 2012, 06:40 AM
Super Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
1,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Crash_Thumbs View Post
With the surveyor's orange and the bright yellow rear skirting I can easily track my bird and also tell which direction it's pointing.

Attachment 5390722

Click on the image to enlarge.
Or you could just paint the tail fin yellow...
TheKingPhisher is offline Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2012, 06:46 AM
cpo
United States, MD, Baltimore
Joined Dec 2012
1,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRail View Post
...The "new version" batteries are only available in 120mah,... so far.

Not really a BIG deal,... just sayin' ..
I'm still waiting on the delivery...but BangGood is "selling" these:

New Plug WLtoys V911 RC Helicopter Parts Upgrade 150mah 3.7V 1S Li-Poly Battery

I have no confirmation yet that they are in fact 1) new plug or 2) 150mah
cpo is offline Find More Posts by cpo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CPO's FPV 250 Racing Quad
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:03 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,019 Posts
old vs. new

well, I still do not understand the whole discussion at the end of the day. I am sure, 99.99% of the members on here solder hundreds of times better than me, so the whole "old vs. new" discussion concerning the batteries is pretty moot (in my opinion anyway), because if I could solder the way most people on here do, my V911 would fly with eflite batteries (ie msr style) anyway and I would ditch either the old OR the new batteries in a heartbeat.
Over the years that I pursue this hobby,I have seen so much how the "RC industry" milks us/the "consumers" by constantly coming up with some proprietary stuff that limits our enjoying this hobby the way we may want ... or if not at least be "allowed" to.
And you know what the worst part is??
We LET them!!!

people always forget/ignore, that WE have the ultimate power, because it usually is connected to some degree of inconvenience and sacrifice for the "early adopters" to exercise OUR power (everybody usually wants to collect the spoils, but most dont want to put some of their own effort in to get there ... plus, most of the time these efforts also lack organization/coordination [just look at what happened to occupy wallstreet]

Anyway, sorry for drifting off here, but still, the ultimate V911 is one that uses the same batteries as the mSR or the 9958 does, no matter if it came as the OLD OR the NEW version

Happy Holiday to everyone and peace on Earth!!

E2
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:20 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
well, I still do not understand the whole discussion at the end of the day. I am sure, 99.99% of the members on here solder hundreds of times better than me, so the whole "old vs. new" discussion concerning the batteries is pretty moot (in my opinion anyway), because if I could solder the way most people on here do, my V911 would fly with eflite batteries (ie msr style) anyway and I would ditch either the old OR the new batteries in a heartbeat.
Over the years that I pursue this hobby,I have seen so much how the "RC industry" milks us/the "consumers" by constantly coming up with some proprietary stuff that limits our enjoying this hobby the way we may want ... or if not at least be "allowed" to.
We LET them!!!

people always forget/ignore, that WE have the ultimate power, because it usually is connected to some degree of inconvenience and sacrifice for the "early adopters" to exercise OUR power (everybody usually wants to collect the spoils, but most dont want to put some of their own effort in to get there ... plus, most of the time these efforts also lack organization/coordination [just look at what happened to occupy wallstreet]

Anyway, sorry for drifting off here, but still, the ultimate V911 is one that uses the same batteries as the mSR or the 9958 does, no matter if it came as the OLD OR the NEW version

E2
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Love it E2, and you do make a few good points there

Anyway, wish you a "Frohe Weihnachten" too. Be seeing you sometime in the new - or slightly used - year

Greetz
Tigg
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:08 AM
Joined Nov 2012
38 Posts
I hear a lot about the older v911 (ie yellow on on banggood)
I'm just waiting for the new blue and white. Should I order the older yellow one now?
Is it that much better? I'm going to fly mainly in doors , which one is more stable and easier to control and are they that different or just a bit?

Thanks!
dee0007 is offline Find More Posts by dee0007
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:28 AM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
Quote:
because if I could solder the way most people on here do, my V911 would fly with eflite batteries (ie msr style) anyway and I would ditch either the old OR the new batteries in a heartbeat.

E2
Im doing that. MSR batteries are cheap. Solder on a whip and connector and enjoy 25c 190mAh
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:15 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,779 Posts
Quote:
We LET them!!!

E2
Not totally. There were many of us waiting eagerly to guy the new CP V922, but when we saw it was not 9x compatible, we passed on it. I am glad I bought the Blade Nano instead.

Would love to use eflight batts on my v911, but there's no easy way to fasten it. So I ordered a charger batt combo and the batts are slightly puffed. Oh well, they should work for a while.

Oh, and how about "Merry Christmas"! I come from a Muslim family and we are NOT offended by Christmas or Jesus. Merry Christmas!
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:22 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee0007 View Post
I hear a lot about the older v911 (ie yellow on on banggood)
I'm just waiting for the new blue and white. Should I order the older yellow one now?
Is it that much better? I'm going to fly mainly in doors , which one is more stable and easier to control and are they that different or just a bit?

Thanks!
The yellow is my favorite indoor. More stable, better response, less impulsive, a little heavier feeling. Most of the part compatible like motors, blades, flybar, landing gear, main shaft, swashplate . Canopy not compatible.
fauconnier is online now Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Dec 23, 2012, 01:15 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,779 Posts
OK, I finally got around to binding my BNF with my 9x. I see that my elevator needs reversing, but that servo acts twitchy, not smooth. Why? And the throttle is not right. Can I calibrate it? It starts up right away and won't shut off. Not enough to fly away, but spins up and zero throttle.

EDIT: Now I know why the new connector. What junk! It will be no time till I rip the battery out of it's connector or break the skids trying to insert or remove it. And it has NO punch like my Solo Pro. I got it to work by setting the trim to the bottom, but something must be wrong, it must have more punch than this. Is there a way to calibrate the ESC?
Last edited by shahram72; Dec 23, 2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 01:45 PM
Joined Nov 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Not totally. There were many of us waiting eagerly to guy the new CP V922, but when we saw it was not 9x compatible, we passed on it. I am glad I bought the Blade Nano instead.

Would love to use eflight batts on my v911, but there's no easy way to fasten it. So I ordered a charger batt combo and the batts are slightly puffed. Oh well, they should work for a while.

Oh, and how about "Merry Christmas"! I come from a Muslim family and we are NOT offended by Christmas or Jesus. Merry Christmas!
How r u likening the nano? Is it more stable the. The mcpx and how does it compare?
dee0007 is offline Find More Posts by dee0007
Old Dec 23, 2012, 01:48 PM
Trees are bad
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Try setting your throttle sub trim to -30 in the model progam. Also I believe I ran mine with the throttle end points set at -100 ( can't rember if 9x was 100 or -100) on the bottom end and 120 on full throttle end. Center your tirm and power up your heli and it should work properly. I run er9x now so if this doesn't work I sure someone with a 9x will chime in.
Stevez1kart is offline Find More Posts by Stevez1kart
Old Dec 23, 2012, 01:49 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,779 Posts
I have hovered it once in the back yard under wind. My tail was not as solid as the V911. Every experience is unique. Don't ask me, the majority say it's an awesome heli. I have more aircraft than I have time to fly. I still would recommend Blade helis wholeheartedly. They just work. I have wasted so much time and money on cheap stuff. Cheap stuff is great if you have time to fiddle with it. I don't. I should have bought a Blade 450x at $500. I have wasted far more than that...
Old Dec 23, 2012, 03:51 PM
Always borking my corter
Joined Feb 2012
126 Posts
Has anyone ever replaced a tail assembly on their v911? I have two and both tail motors broke in no time. The end caps popped off in a crash. I have a spare for one of them but both of my tails appear to be superglued in place. Do I need to replace the whole frame too?
bflan2001 is offline Find More Posts by bflan2001
Old Dec 23, 2012, 04:14 PM
Trees are bad
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Most people cut the wires and resolder them at the tail. You should be able to pry the old motor out of the holder. I repaced the whole tail boom once. I tried using debonder but I ended up breaking the carbon boom and scraping the remaining fibers out of the main frame. Put some glue on your next tail motor to provide some protection for the wires and end cap.
Stevez1kart is offline Find More Posts by Stevez1kart
Old Dec 23, 2012, 06:33 PM
Joined Sep 2011
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Took my yellow and white birds out yesterday to try the camera out. Unfortunately my neighbour spotted me and, since flying helis while talking German with a wierd Scottish accent isn't my strong point, this is the result . Just kill the sound and fast-forward the boring bits, as I haven't learned to edit and add music yet. Still need to practise the camera angles too, but it'll come . For 8 bucks I find the camera isn't too bad in daylight. Just lucky I had a usb cable for my camcorder, as it kept losing contact with the computer when I used the original cable.
The sound also isn't synched to the video. Any advice?
Happy flying guys.
Tigg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9Q2YPX4rEs
What heli is that? It flies so fast at the beginning of the video
RoboSerg is offline Find More Posts by RoboSerg