HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 21, 2012, 04:13 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPhisher View Post
The JiuChon don't fly the same as the WL Toys v911. As I mentioned earlier they don't pirouette on axis but instead swirl like toilet bowl. The CG is different. The v911 is more responsive because the CG optimized better. Also the flybar feels heavier on theJiuChon. I have both helis and those are the things I noticed. Build quality is good though.
Are you talking about the original issue Juichon or the newer v911 clone which comes with a white or yellow canopy only?

I have the newer 'y911' and it has very stable hover, pirouhettes like a champ, no tbe, and the responds at least as good as the actual v911. I actually prefer flying it as it is more precise on the controls.

If you have tbe or cg issues you need to have a closer look to what is causing your problems - something has been knocked out of whack or you got a factory reject.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2012, 04:26 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
1,900 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
Are you talking about the original issue Juichon or the newer v911 clone which comes with a white or yellow canopy only?

I have the newer 'y911' and it has very stable hover, pirouhettes like a champ, no tbe, and the responds at least as good as the actual v911. I actually prefer flying it as it is more precise on the controls.

If you have tbe or cg issues you need to have a closer look to what is causing your problems - something has been knocked out of whack or you got a factory reject.

regards . . . g
I'm comparing the v911 to these..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
TheKingPhisher is offline Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:11 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPhisher View Post
I'm comparing the v911 to these..
That's the yellow one I have and prefer over the standard v911. I sold my red v911 to a friend, not because I didn't like it, but because he really wanted it, and as I said, I preferred the yellow one anyways.

I will try to get you some video of how mine flys so you can compare with yours. It is definitely possible to get a factory problem heli.

Good luck with getting it sorted out.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:17 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Dec 2011
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bflan2001 View Post
Larry, those extensions are for the blade batteries, they won't fit on the v911 batteries.
Of course you were right bflan, they aren't the right connector.

I have since found the right battery connectors though and thought I'd pass this on to anyone that's interested. These connectors from DigiKey fit perfectly. They are made to solder onto a PCB but one can just as easily solder some wires on the pins to use as a replacement connector. I ordered them primarily to make some charging pigtails to connect to my battery charger. Hope this helps anyone that's looking for these.
LarryCnAZ is offline Find More Posts by LarryCnAZ
Old Dec 22, 2012, 07:03 AM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,075 Posts
Just got my yellow 911 yesterday. Wow it is great! Not sure if the black one had problems or the yellow is just that much better. I like it much better then the NCC in the living room.

I am wanting some fresh batteries now. I had the 150mAh before but what are the "upgraded 145mAh" battery at bang good? My simple mind says 150mAh is better than 145mAh but upgraded means better than the older one?
Petrie is offline Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Dec 22, 2012, 08:38 AM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Solo Pro 260a.

However, not all parts are direct fit between the two.

Blade pivot pins are larger diameter on the v911. Therefore blades are interchangeable.

Flybar hub on the v911 is slightly thicker. And it's pivot and retention screw locks in differently than the Solo Pro 260a.

So if you use the CNC head made for the Solo Pro, you'll have to use the Solo Pro blades and flybar for best compatibility.
Thanks. 260a
I considered installing a solopro shaft head swash etc.. But what I really want are the Xtreme landing skids.. But I dont see them for a 260a only the 270. Same thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
as i mentioned in another post the 9xr will not work with a v911. you must buy a flysky module which could easily double your cost.
That's to bad the new turnigy 9XR wont bind.. Then again we should see a flood of used 9X's hit ebay soon.
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:29 AM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantScale View Post
Thanks. 260a
I considered installing a solopro shaft head swash etc.. But what I really want are the Xtreme landing skids.. But I dont see them for a 260a only the 270. Same thing?
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=7081

I think it's the same part but not having either heli or the skid I'm not sure.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:54 PM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Aug 2012
48 Posts
I just got a new plug style 911 RTF from Amazon and it has a twitchy servo and is slow to respond to all input except throttle (i.e. delayed rudder both ways). Otherwise, I think it would be a nice flyer as it appears to be much faster than my yellow BNF's. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Did I buy a lemon? I've had good luck so far, as this is my fourth one and all have been good flyers.
mountainman13 is offline Find More Posts by mountainman13
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:20 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
I just got a new plug style 911 RTF from Amazon and it has a twitchy servo and is slow to respond to all input except throttle (i.e. delayed rudder both ways). Otherwise, I think it would be a nice flyer as it appears to be much faster than my yellow BNF's. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Did I buy a lemon? I've had good luck so far, as this is my fourth one and all have been good flyers.
Is it twitchy and slow responding only with throttle applied or does it do it even with no throttle. I've had a v911 that had a servo hesitation, but only with throttle on.

wl toys v911 demonstration of servo hesitation (0 min 55 sec)
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Dec 22, 2012, 03:33 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
426 Posts
I still order the "old" ones.

I accidently picked up a new v911 (it just jumped into my truck as I was passing Value Hobby last month). But I'm addicted to the old style 150mah batteries. The "new version" batteries are only available in 120mah,... so far.

Not really a BIG deal,... just sayin' ..
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Old Dec 22, 2012, 09:22 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Bad Eyesight Solution

I'm getting older and my eyesight is getting worse so I have been experimenting with colours. My buddy and I are flying in a Church Hall which is painted pale blue. It's debateable which one of us old guys has worse eyesight. I have 2 y911's and was finding them difficult to see at the other side of the large room. His original black with orange Corter is OK to see against the pale blue, but his white with blue unit is impossible.

Check out my avatar to your left. With the surveyor's orange and the bright yellow rear skirting I can easily track my bird and also tell which direction it's pointing.
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Last edited by 2_Crash_Thumbs; Dec 22, 2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:10 PM
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Apr 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRail View Post
I still order the "old" ones.

I accidently picked up a new v911 (it just jumped into my truck as I was passing Value Hobby last month). But I'm addicted to the old style 150mah batteries. The "new version" batteries are only available in 120mah,... so far.

Not really a BIG deal,... just sayin' ..
Our new 180mah V911 lipos with the white plug arrive next week.

http://www.viciousteknology.com/softlipo.html
ViciousTek is offline Find More Posts by ViciousTek
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:19 PM
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Aug 2012
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Is it twitchy and slow responding only with throttle applied or does it do it even with no throttle. I've had a v911 that had a servo hesitation, but only with throttle on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqtjuv7GAOQ
No, it starts twitching as soon as it binds.
mountainman13 is offline Find More Posts by mountainman13
Old Dec 22, 2012, 10:26 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciousTek View Post
Our new 180mah V911 lipos with the white plug arrive next week.

http://www.viciousteknology.com/softlipo.html
/start sarcasm/ WOW. That's great. Thanks for the free advertisement about products with almost no technical data. I love your flakey shipping calculator. /end sarcasm/
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:03 AM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
With the surveyor's orange and the bright yellow rear skirting I can easily track my bird and also tell which direction it's pointing.

Name: Orange With Yellow Skirt.gif
Views: 165
Size: 290.9 KB
Description: With the surveyor's orange and the bright yellow rear skirting I can easily track my bird and also tell which direction it's pointing.

Click on the image to enlarge.