HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 20, 2012, 05:19 PM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,779 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
If you scroll down the page you'll see advertised the BNF black/orange, red/white and blue/white NEW PLUG VERSION. I'm about to order two BNFs in red/white and hope that they are trully the new plug version. Can anyone confirm?
CCbusa05 is offline Find More Posts by CCbusa05
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:10 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05 View Post
If you scroll down the page you'll see advertised the BNF black/orange, red/white and blue/white NEW PLUG VERSION. I'm about to order two BNFs in red/white and hope that they are trully the new plug version. Can anyone confirm?
Also, can someone confirm the new plug version binds with the old version tx?
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:27 PM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
I can confirm a Tmart old style Tx binds with a new style heli.. I just switched a few since the old style Tx seems to have less dead band in the rudder.

I dont know how you guys have the patience to wait for the slowboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ1984 View Post
I want to upgrade and improve my V911.

is it the 260a or 270a or 100s.

Cheers guys
I'm still unclear about this. Which solo pro model is the clone made to?
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale
Last edited by GiantScale; Dec 20, 2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:08 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantScale View Post
Which solo pro model is the clone made to?
Wouldn't be nice to have all of our collected evidence about these Solo Pro similar helis in 1 location?

Which heli's/parts are:
  • same
  • interchangeable
  • improved
  • total clone

- - - - - -
Yes, I realize there is a FAQ section in posting #1, but there has a been lot of water under the bridge and a lot of developements with the v911 since May 25, 2012. Correct me if. . .
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Last edited by 2_Crash_Thumbs; Dec 20, 2012 at 11:09 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:53 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantScale View Post
I can confirm a Tmart old style Tx binds with a new style heli.. I just switched a few since the old style Tx seems to have less dead band in the rudder.

I dont know how you guys have the patience to wait for the slowboat

I'm still unclear about this. Which solo pro model is the clone made to?
I believe the v911 is modeled after the solo pro 260A.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Dec 20, 2012, 10:25 PM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPhisher View Post
Isn't there a rudder issue with the v911 when used with that tx?
You can't adjust the rudder trim quickly and easily while flying and while your battery is getting weak (nose right) via the little button under the stick. You can in the sub trim settings menu though and it does remember. I set mine so there's a little nose left at the start of a new battery so that when the battery is getting weak the nose right isn't so bad. Annoying but not near as annoying as the stock TX even after resistor mod and potentiometers added.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:21 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,262 Posts
TheKingPhisher, after reading BVC's reply, I understand you question more clearly. I have not experienced any rudder issues using the 9116 TX that was posted.There is also sub trim settings available in the menu. Here is the link to the manual.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=4971241
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:10 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Hey stonecutter. I have TXs from new & old style 911s (BG and Tmart) and a jamara e-rix pro tx from Germany. All TXs bind with all helis so far. If you want to bind with a different one you just have to switch the tx on before the gyro has finished initialising.
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Dec 21, 2012, 04:09 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
The Rudder and the Aileron control (right cyclic) needs to be reversed in the menu. I set my rudder D/R to 80% its nice and smooth for me now, and twitchy like before. In my opinion the sticks have much better feel and response. You can set the EPA to 120% for better fff and wind control.My stocks are collecting dust now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
TheKingPhisher, after reading BVC's reply, I understand you question more clearly. I have not experienced any rudder issues using the 9116 TX that was posted.There is also sub trim settings available in the menu. Here is the link to the manual.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=4971241
Thank you! I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a catch to using the DH radio. I've always liked the look of the DH transmitters compared to the toyish stock WL, but to know they work with the v911 as well as having nice adjustments is just that much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
You can't adjust the rudder trim quickly and easily while flying and while your battery is getting weak (nose right) via the little button under the stick. You can in the sub trim settings menu though and it does remember. I set mine so there's a little nose left at the start of a new battery so that when the battery is getting weak the nose right isn't so bad. Annoying but not near as annoying as the stock TX even after resistor mod and potentiometers added.
Thanks! So that is the catch not too bad. I think I'll get one to try out since it doesn't cost that much.
TheKingPhisher is offline Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Last edited by TheKingPhisher; Dec 21, 2012 at 04:18 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 21, 2012, 04:31 AM
Joined Dec 2012
1,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
Keep in mind those are not the same as the v911 even though they're labeled as such by BG. It's not just the canopy but the airframe is different as well. I own a genuine v911 and a couple of the white/yellow "v911". The genuine v911 has a lighter thinner frame and skids. The skids have a little ball at the end. It also has a metal main shaft. Those others have carbon main shafts and beefier skids without balls on the ends. In terms of flight the v911 pirouettes on center a lot better. The other one has a "toilet bowl" effect when doing stationary pirouettes. It does seem to handle wind slightly better than the v911. I'll post a video of the toilet bowl effect tommorow.
TheKingPhisher is offline Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 21, 2012, 05:05 AM
Always borking my corter
Joined Feb 2012
126 Posts
Does anyone have experience with the Turnigy 6x transmitter? How would you change between flight modes like the stock tx?
bflan2001 is offline Find More Posts by bflan2001
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:01 AM
Joined Mar 2012
37 Posts
Hi
Does the v911 TX bind with turnigy recovers? If yes how to bind please?

Thanks
Mitamar is offline Find More Posts by Mitamar
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:17 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitamar View Post
Hi
Does the v911 TX bind with turnigy recovers? If yes how to bind please?

Thanks
1.) Put bind plug into receiver and powerup.
2.) Switch on v911 TX and move throttle up.
3.) Should be bound now!

I myself recognized some stuttering on servos if I use my v911 TX with FlySky receivers.
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Dec 21, 2012, 06:55 AM
Joined Dec 2012
210 Posts
Well I couldn't stand the twitchy rudder on high rates anymore, and had no success finding a diagram for the resistor mod using the search function here, so ordered a 9116 transmitter from hohhypartz.com. Like the idea of a more full sized transmitter in my hands anyway. Also won't feel so odd when switching between v911 and mjx f45. Hope it satisfies my desires.
tracker1955 is offline Find More Posts by tracker1955
Old Dec 21, 2012, 07:37 AM
United States, IL, Braidwood
Joined Nov 2012
78 Posts
9116 Tx throttle curve

Can anyone explain the throttle curve / Tri . On the 9116 Tx. I did a search questions asked without clear in depth responses. So far much easier to control inside with the adjustable D/R s in each switch setting best 7bucks ever
153stars is offline Find More Posts by 153stars
Last edited by 153stars; Dec 21, 2012 at 08:06 AM.