HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:21 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d astronaut View Post
So I just got one of these in the mail that I ordered for my sisters step son for Christmas.. This thing is WAAAAAAAAY too much for him to handle. He does ok with the little coax helis but this thing is quite a beast on the stock tx. Is there any way shape or form to tone it down a bit short of giving him my 9x? I may have to break down and buy him an msr and make this one my new toy lol. I was really hoping this thing would handle more like the 9958.
In addition to the low rate setting on the tx, you can switch the swash ball connections and/or servo arm holes. It may take some experimentation, if all else fails, flip one or both mixer arms, and that'll make it more like a 9958.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:02 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
In addition to the low rate setting on the tx, you can switch the swash ball connections and/or servo arm holes. It may take some experimentation, if all else fails, flip one or both mixer arms, and that'll make it more like a 9958.
Just came back from switching the swash connections and the servo arm holes and its going to be a much better fit for him. I am totally ordering one of these for myself haha. Do they actually do ok outside? It seems like it could handle a little wind with all that throw. Thanks for the help!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:22 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
Nice flying LittleMo
Thanks! My tail motor is bad but it still manages to do enough to get around.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:46 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d astronaut View Post
Just came back from switching the swash connections and the servo arm holes and its going to be a much better fit for him. I am totally ordering one of these for myself haha. Do they actually do ok outside? It seems like it could handle a little wind with all that throw. Thanks for the help!
I have been using a double horse 9116tx,it has a lot of customizable menu options.
I pick it up for $11 inc shipping

http://www.hobbypartz.com/67p-9116-26.html
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Dec 15, 2012, 03:02 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Paddled flybars are said to improve performance in wind quite a lot. Not sure how (or if) the physics actually works. For instance MSRX paddles attached to a cutdown stock flybar make for a relatively simple mod. There's a link in the OP of this thread with pictures.

Still waiting for my paddles to arrive.
Thwock is offline Find More Posts by Thwock
Old Dec 15, 2012, 06:50 PM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
Having a blast with this chopper..

Anyone shed any light on how I could you a JR XP 8103 DT transmitter with this V911? The stock Tx is starting to wear thin..
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:25 PM
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
Just got my V911 today. Had a great time till I toasted a set of blades on it. Just out of curiosity what spare parts should I get and how many of each. Also thanks for a great site and thread on the V911

Btw it was Great out of the box and didnt have to touch a thing on it. Its a Rev 03
Warology is offline Find More Posts by Warology
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:50 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warology View Post
Just got my V911 today. Had a great time till I toasted a set of blades on it. Just out of curiosity what spare parts should I get and how many of each. Also thanks for a great site and thread on the V911

Btw it was Great out of the box and didnt have to touch a thing on it. Its a Rev 03
Instead of getting spare parts, get a BNF for $20.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:08 PM
Joined Dec 2012
63 Posts
Quote:
I choose this road as well.

My first unit is having TBE all over when hovering. Happened after maybe 100+ crashes as this is my first 4ch heli - no parts replacement so far too. But I don't really care as this thing is not meant to hover too much anyway IMHO.

Still works well and do crazy stunt and stuff. Just dont hover too long. Funny thing is the TBE seems come and go after each crashes .

I have 2 BNF units coming for spare. I'll opt for coaxial heli if the space is really limited.
redtags is offline Find More Posts by redtags
Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:37 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Quote:
I think repairing and modding is half the hobby. I bought a ton of spare parts when I started flying. I don't fly my v911s as much anymore, and when I do I rarely crash, but I have a little tool case filled with blades, swash, Solo pro main shafts and heads, SP blades, skids, canopies, motors, tails, flybars,etc. I think I have everything to build a few more birds other then the boards.

Plus, I found out the other day that a v911 tail boom fits right into the Genius CP frame. So I was able to fit a Genius tail motor into the v911 boom and get back in the air without having to wait for more parts to come.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Dec 16, 2012, 02:47 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,734 Posts
Quote:
The way I'm going through flybars at the moment, that'd be a pretty expensive way of staying in the air
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:21 AM
Futaba 9CRAPTOR 90V911V922
United States, CA, Hacienda Heights
Joined Dec 2012
62 Posts
Do you have a picture of your esky body. Im not sure where to cut to install body. Thanks.
SMEGS888 is offline Find More Posts by SMEGS888
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:25 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Also, I would suggest you place a piece of tape on the tail boom where the flybar hits to try and prevent breakage. I taped mine after a flybar strike tore a chunk off the tail.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:29 AM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Here ya go:
thanks.. I'll need those pics when I install mine.

Instead of removing material to clear the swash-plate push rods.. Could you heat the canopy in that location and push out a blister for clearance?
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale