HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:27 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
The ones I got are just the 5x set from Banggood.

I think they fly better than the heavier bar but the strikes ruin it. I don't know, it seems like someone thought that lighter weights would help reduce strikes but it actually made it worse. I'm sure they would be fine without the canopy in the way.

Oh well, the real reason I got the new bars is to put paddles on anyway.
Even with paddles, you can get strikes (but readily recoverable), assuming the flybar is not shortened. (I consider the flybar to be standard length if you cut the weights off at the end). With shortened flybars you lose some stability, so there's no perfect solution.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:36 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Even with paddles, you can get strikes (but readily recoverable), assuming the flybar is not shortened. (I consider the flybar to be standard length if you cut the weights off at the end). With shortened flybars you lose some stability, so there's no perfect solution.
well, you can use the cf solo pro flybar - that was the best solution for me ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:42 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
well, you can use the cf solo pro flybar - that was the best solution for me ...
Thanks for the info. I have to look into it. Any modding required? (Like sanding, drilling, etc.)
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:47 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Thanks for the info. I have to look into it. Any modding required? (Like sanding, drilling, etc.)
I heard several people complain that the CF bar is not the best solution - to my personal experience it was (and it held up much better than they suggested). Yes, there is a little modding necessary, but I would consider this a minor hiccup (if even I was able to do this, anybody can ... ...)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=48

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=101

erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Dec 13, 2012, 02:55 PM
United States, SD, Sioux Falls
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
just got my first v911 today and after a lot of trial and error I got a near perfect hover with no trim. Reading through this thread prior to actually receiving it saved me a lot of time getting it ready for more crashes... man this little guy is fun!!!
chris thielsen is offline Find More Posts by chris thielsen
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:31 PM
United States, SD, Sioux Falls
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
btw got this one from tmart.com. in 9 days so not bad considering the holiday season. My tx does show the difference between mode 1 and mode 2. everything works the way it is suppose to and I have no complaints. very happy with it and the company....
chris thielsen is offline Find More Posts by chris thielsen
Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:42 PM
Futaba 9CRAPTOR 90V911V922
United States, CA, Hacienda Heights
Joined Dec 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris thielsen View Post
btw got this one from tmart.com. in 9 days so not bad considering the holiday season. My tx does show the difference between mode 1 and mode 2. everything works the way it is suppose to and I have no complaints. very happy with it and the company....
I have one too. So fun to fly now going to get my old Raptor 90 as soon as weather permits.
SMEGS888 is offline Find More Posts by SMEGS888
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:34 PM
umop apisdn - downside up
United States, MI, West Bloomfield Township
Joined Sep 2012
895 Posts
Which 4 channel coax?

Hi guys.

I know this is a bit OT, but there's a lot of experience gathered in this thread. I want to get my nephew a helicopter, but he is probably a bit too young to learn on the V911 and he's half way around the planet, so I won't be there to help him.

I was thinking of getting him a Syma 107g, but would prefer a 4 channel helicopter with a mode 2 TX so he learns it right and will be ready for a V911 later.

Which 4 channel mode 2 coax is as indestructible as a V911 and flies like a Syma 107g? Available spares and exchangeable battery would be an added bonus.

PS. It's winter where he is, so an indoor helicopter (IR?) will be fine. I'll get him a V911 (or two) for the summer if he enjoys whatever I get him now.

Owen
nagromnewo is online now Find More Posts by nagromnewo
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:45 PM
Always borking my corter
Joined Feb 2012
126 Posts
I learned on a Blade MCX2 that is pretty old. It's also the heli my brother learned on a couple years ago. We both fly fixed pitch now but the MCX2 is still going strong. Parts do break on ocassion but fixing them is part of the fun. And most hobby shops keep Blade parts in stock. I broke a landing gear, a flybar and the canopy mounting posts in the process of learning to fly. My local hobbytown had the parts to fix it in stock every time.
bflan2001 is offline Find More Posts by bflan2001
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:43 PM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
Anyone deck out a V911 with solo pro upgrades? Just wondering if its worth it. If so, a thread describing the mods and performance would be sweet as Iv decided to ditch my msr and concentrate on the V911.
Starting to really want a programmable radio so I can mix forward into left turns and backward onto right. expo etc..

I plan on switching from the stock 120 batteries to some of these..
MSR 190mAh 25c battery from Miniaviation

Will have any problems with 25c batteries in the V911?
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:53 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromnewo View Post
... he's half way around the planet...
Literally that is in the middle of nowhere in the Indian Ocean.

Inside Flying: The mCX is easy to fly in a large room at home. The v911 needs a small rec hall.

Outside Flying: Almost never in Calgary, Alberta, Canada because of the wind here.

Durability/Cost: I started on a Blade mCX and compared to a y911 the Blade product is very easily breakable and expensive to repair.
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Last edited by 2_Crash_Thumbs; Dec 13, 2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:07 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantScale View Post
Rick.. Which Hughes 300 canopy comes with clear windows? And do any come predrilled for the heli they were intended for?
The E-Sky Nano has a transparent windshield, and the doors are wide open. They all have holes in them to match their original helis. That Nano canopy has become my favorite.

By the way, I think the best way to eliminate flybar strikes is to use a 300 style canopy.

Rick
Ricomon is online now Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:59 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromnewo View Post
Hi guys.

I know this is a bit OT, but there's a lot of experience gathered in this thread. I want to get my nephew a helicopter, but he is probably a bit too young to learn on the V911 and he's half way around the planet, so I won't be there to help him.

I was thinking of getting him a Syma 107g, but would prefer a 4 channel helicopter with a mode 2 TX so he learns it right and will be ready for a V911 later.

Which 4 channel mode 2 coax is as indestructible as a V911 and flies like a Syma 107g? Available spares and exchangeable battery would be an added bonus.

PS. It's winter where he is, so an indoor helicopter (IR?) will be fine. I'll get him a V911 (or two) for the summer if he enjoys whatever I get him now.

Owen
Maybe a nine eagles solo 4 channel, coax, and mode 2
http://www.myrcmart.com/nine-eagles-free-spirit-micro-ch-24g-rc-rtf-mini-helicopter-green-p-1332.html

Also a revell proto is a re-branded solo
http://www.ebay.com/itm/REVELL-2-4GH...item5aec420033
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Last edited by Jasen40; Dec 13, 2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 08:42 AM
Joined Sep 2012
50 Posts
We definately need a new section for the V911.
I have a prob with mine - I used to hover perfect after a lot of fidding with all my trims on 0.

After a couple of minor crashes the heli has a slight vibration and stutter in the tail.
I have replaced the blades but its bobbing up and down and in hover swirls around and up and down.

Any ideas
JJ1984 is offline Find More Posts by JJ1984
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:14 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ1984 View Post
We definately need a new section for the V911.
I have a prob with mine - I used to hover perfect after a lot of fidding with all my trims on 0.

After a couple of minor crashes the heli has a slight vibration and stutter in the tail.
I have replaced the blades but its bobbing up and down and in hover swirls around and up and down.

Any ideas
Check the tail blade for cracks,and the wires to the pcb.Also make sure the swash pin is not bent or rubbing the guide.The flybar may also be bent .
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40