HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:32 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Yup, it's my blue/white new plug. Know what you mean. Often after a crash with my white or yellow the fin sits at 90 and has to be turned before I can fly again.
Reason I don't want to leave the fin out is possible over exposure of the tail motor to crash damage. had any problems in that respect stonecutter?

Cheers
Tigg

... correction, tail rotor
From my vast experience of breaking things on the v911, I can unambiguously state that the tail fin does not protect the tail motor (or anything else for that matter) during a crash. The rear part that gets damaged the most are the tail motor wires that are exposed on the left side (bottom of motor), they can get frayed and severed with repeated crashes, so uless you can twist the tail fin so that it stick out towards the left side of the heli w/o blocking the tail rotor, it provides no protection whatsoever.
stonecutter is online now Find More Posts by stonecutter
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:01 PM
Always borking my corter
Joined Feb 2012
126 Posts
I ordered the wrong landing gear for my v911 so I have three of the heavy-duty skids with the old style battery connector if anyone wants them. 6 bucks shipped for all 3.
bflan2001 is offline Find More Posts by bflan2001
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:10 PM
The Big Kahuna of Foam.
Columbus, OH
Joined Mar 2005
1,170 Posts
Looks what's on sale...

T-mart has the V911 RTF (new version) on sale.
http://www.tmart.com/New-Wltoys-V911...ign=Dec05-2012

$35.99 shipped from US warehouse! (Limit 5)

I just ordered on one myself. I already bought one a month or so ago. I got it in a week.

Now if I can only find the blade 130X on sale.
bkahuna is offline Find More Posts by bkahuna
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:17 PM
Always borking my corter
Joined Feb 2012
126 Posts
Son of a &%@%! I just bought one two days ago for 42. Oh well, still a good deal I guess.
bflan2001 is offline Find More Posts by bflan2001
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:52 AM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Dec 2011
44 Posts
Thanks bkahuna! Even though I already ordered one from someone else the price for this one was too hard to resist so I ordered one as a spare. Like some tools (battery powered drills), it's often cheaper to order a new one that's complete and use it for the spare parts. Can't wait for it too arrive.
LarryCnAZ is offline Find More Posts by LarryCnAZ
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:03 AM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Dec 2011
44 Posts
The V911's I'm getting have the new battery connector, I would like to be able to connect them to my HK 4 port charger that I use for my airplanes. Will the batteries connect to my balance board or will I need a pig tail adapter of some sort.

I'm not afraid to make one if needed, if so, is there a source for the female connector?

Edit, found a solution to my problem. Disregard this post.
LarryCnAZ is offline Find More Posts by LarryCnAZ
Last edited by LarryCnAZ; Dec 11, 2012 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Found my own solution.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:08 AM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
[QUOTE=bkahuna;23494849]Looks what's on sale...T-mart has the V911 RTF (new version) on sale...$35.99 shipped from US warehouse...
QUOTE]
Canadian buyers beware that T-mart "Ships From: International Warehouse" for Non-US buyers.
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:48 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
From my vast experience of breaking things on the v911, I can unambiguously state that the tail fin does not protect the tail motor (or anything else for that matter) during a crash. The rear part that gets damaged the most are the tail motor wires that are exposed on the left side (bottom of motor), they can get frayed and severed with repeated crashes, so uless you can twist the tail fin so that it stick out towards the left side of the heli w/o blocking the tail rotor, it provides no protection whatsoever.
Thanks for the info. Guess my B/W will be flying with a "stump" for the foreseeable future
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:50 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,668 Posts
[QUOTE=2_Crash_Thumbs;23497324]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkahuna View Post
Looks what's on sale...T-mart has the V911 RTF (new version) on sale...$35.99 shipped from US warehouse...
QUOTE]
Canadian buyers beware that T-mart "Ships From: International Warehouse" for Non-US buyers.
AND they send RTFs in the original box. Mine was sent from China, and the box was bashed to bits when it arrived. Fortunately the contents were OK.
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:27 AM
Joined Dec 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
+1

The yellow y911 clone is a great flyer. Just a bit sensitive on the rudder at 100% rate.

regards . . . g
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
I do not own the Yellow/White clone, but my buddy does. From what I heard, I would not avoid them. In fact, I would prefer them if I'm in the market for another BNF. Rebinding each time is a quick procedure that you'd probably get used to and do it subconsciously. The better skids, swash, and more standard battery plug are all pluses IMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bflan2001 View Post
This was true with the second version but not with the newest v3. The batteries are much more secure now, almost too secure.
Quote:
I'm no expert redtags, but I love the way my yellow & white clones handle indoors. Just need to wait for the weather to improve so I can take them out...
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
As far as I can tell based on a visual ispection, all parts are interchangeable, but I haven't had the need to so I can't confirm. Binding/rebinding is not an issue for stock tx.
Invaluable information here. I will order 1 for each type bnf (clone and new plug version) and give it a try. I believe i will not go wrong with both version ..

Thanks for all replies, really appreciate it ..
redtags is offline Find More Posts by redtags
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:40 AM
Joined Dec 2012
61 Posts
Can some friends here inform if their heli unit still fly and perform flawlessly over 6 months, under daily or routine usage ? Simple blade or skid replacement still counted.

If so it must be 1 of the best 40 bucks well spent ..
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:50 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtags View Post
Question in reverse: What do you expect for $40 ?
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:13 AM
Joined Dec 2012
61 Posts
For 40 ? not much, yet it still performs so great.

It might sets new standards for a 40 bucks mini heli 4 ch I guess .. and if you can inform how long your set last so far would extend those values ..
Last edited by redtags; Dec 11, 2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:53 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtags View Post
Can some friends here inform if their heli unit still fly and perform flawlessly over 6 months, under daily or routine usage ? Simple blade or skid replacement still counted.

If you never crash, I think it can last that long.
stonecutter is online now Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:54 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
AND they send RTFs in the original box. Mine was sent from China, and the box was bashed to bits when it arrived. Fortunately the contents were OK.
My standby y911 BNF recently arrived from Frankfurt Germany in a minimal foam molded protector and yes it survived.
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs