HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:50 AM
United States, SD, Sioux Falls
Joined Dec 2012
32 Posts
Ordered my first v911 after a lot of reading and reviews and found this site and have to say thanks to all!! This is so helpful to newbies like me...just awesome!
chris thielsen is offline Find More Posts by chris thielsen
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:37 AM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
It has been reported that the new V911 plug is compatible with mcpx plug.
Interesting.. Would a mcpx 200Mah 6.5g battery work with the new V911 if you modified the battery slot? Stock battery is 5g I think

Just wondering if I should stick with the stock batteries or not..
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:57 AM
Joined Dec 2012
63 Posts
Thanks for the idea there Tiggertoo.

BTW I just measure the voltage left in the batt after the heli seems lost power is 3.5 v (120 ma stock batt).
Is it too low already ( to prolong batt life ) ?
redtags is offline Find More Posts by redtags
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:13 AM
Joined Dec 2012
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris thielsen View Post
Ordered my first v911 after a lot of reading and reviews and found this site and have to say thanks to all!! This is so helpful to newbies like me...just awesome!
Yup, I feel I have made the right decision as well. I haven't stopped admiring the build quality of the remote, the crash proof and flyability of the heli unit, all for so little money .. I'm sure not so long ago 1 has to spend double or triple the amount money for such item.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:14 AM
Futaba 9CRAPTOR 90V911V922
United States, CA, Hacienda Heights
Joined Dec 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
I did one with 2mm, but that's a little big and quite loud. I have another that I bought used that has 1.5mm and it looks like what others have used. One of my 1.5mm rods cracked in an extreme crash (lasted a long time though) and needs to be redone, so I wouldn't go smaller than 1.5mm.
Awesome thanks.
SMEGS888 is offline Find More Posts by SMEGS888
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:30 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantScale View Post
Interesting.. Would a mcpx 200Mah 6.5g battery work with the new V911 if you modified the battery slot? Stock battery is 5g I think

I personally like the old stock batteries, cheap and more than adequate for the purpose. Logic tells me they won't be phased out anytime soon (< 6 months).
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:35 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtags View Post
Thanks for the idea there Tiggertoo.

BTW I just measure the voltage left in the batt after the heli seems lost power is 3.5 v (120 ma stock batt).
Is it too low already ( to prolong batt life ) ?
You're fine, Redtags. 3.5v is fine.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:42 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantScale View Post

In theory, the 200mAh will work with mod. But you'd ask yourself why going that route. There's nothing preventing you from doing it, if you just want to prove the concept.

Most people would say a bigger capacity battery gives longer flight. Well, yes. But the helicopter is also heavier. The work load on the motor is heavier. To fly that much longer means you may overheat the motor and burn it out quicker. And so, after installing a bigger and heavier battery, you'd need to restrict yourself from flying long, then where is the point?

If I were you, I'd stick with the stock battery, or at least like size battery, but get a couple more of them. It is easy enough to charge them in advanced. Fly one, rest a little, reload, fly again. That saves you modding the battery holder - unless the point is just to see if you could make it work.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:43 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
I'm sure that this question has been answered before, but what type of batteries does this heli use? I'm talking about the old plug version from banggood. Looking at the pictures, it doesn't look like none of the nine-eagles LiPos would fit because of the rails. I have a nine eagles micro yak 54 that uses the single rail lipos and I was wondering if it would be possible to use the same lipos on both.
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:46 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koo29 View Post
I'm sure that this question has been answered before, but what type of batteries does this heli use? I'm talking about the old plug version from banggood. Looking at the pictures, it doesn't look like none of the nine-eagles LiPos would fit because of the rails. I have a nine eagles micro yak 54 that uses the single rail lipos and I was wondering if it would be possible to use the same lipos on both.
The Old Stock battery is basically proprietary. At a glance, it looks very similar to the Nine Eagles cells. But as you have pointed out, there are differences, which make it unique.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:12 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
The Old Stock battery is basically proprietary. At a glance, it looks very similar to the Nine Eagles cells. But as you have pointed out, there are differences, which make it unique.
Ugh, apparently the trex100 nano-techs from HK don't fit it either. I'll just have to buy another battery holder I guess.
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:13 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koo29 View Post
I remember this question came up long ago, like in the first 100 pages of this thread; various people have tried different NE batteries and I recall consensus was none of them is a perfect fit. If waiting is not an issue (but always is), the 150 mAh stock batts are a bargain at 5 for $10.
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-5-...y-p-46387.html
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:18 PM
Joined Dec 2012
63 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
You're fine, Redtags. 3.5v is fine.
thanks helipad, noted .. so i dont have to time my fly. Just as soon as I see any signs of difficulty to maintain altitude, I'll just put it to rest right away and charge the batt in roughly 10 mins later.

Several things I need to ask the experts here, does the yellow / white clone v911 from banggood best avoided ? Seems the opinions vary here. Do I need to bind everytime I turn on the stock rx with the clones ? all parts compatible with original version ?

Or is it better to buy the original v911 w/ new plug. I'm aiming toward higher capacity batt that is not available w/ new plug yet.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:24 PM
Always borking my corter
Joined Feb 2012
126 Posts
I would go with the new version. I'm sure batteries will start popping up soon, and in the meantime the stock batteries are dirt cheap.
bflan2001 is offline Find More Posts by bflan2001
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:46 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtags View Post
thanks helipad, noted .. so i dont have to time my fly. Just as soon as I see any signs of difficulty to maintain altitude, I'll just put it to rest right away and charge the batt in roughly 10 mins later.

Several things I need to ask the experts here, does the yellow / white clone v911 from banggood best avoided ? Seems the opinions vary here. Do I need to bind everytime I turn on the stock rx with the clones ? all parts compatible with original version ?

Or is it better to buy the original v911 w/ new plug. I'm aiming toward higher capacity batt that is not available w/ new plug yet.
I like the yellow/white clones better, more precise control and beefier skids are the main advantages.