HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:49 AM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope12839 View Post
Rawmade, if you are out there; how does your V911 fly with the metal head kit? Does the weight of the metal head slow it down much?

I wonder if anyone makes/sells a delrin swashplate for the V911/Solo Pro? Would be lighter than the metal one but stronger than the stock plastic one; kind of best of both worlds, if such a thing exists.
I reverted back to the stock rotor head and am just using the metal swash, anti rotation bracket, shaft and collar. Using the full kit is fine for indoor flying but since I like to fly it outside on really calm days the full kit is just too much weight amd affects forward flight too much. The head itself doesnt add anything gain wise but looks and is one of the heavier parts.

The Xtreme carbon flybar and weights is still the best thing ive done to this heli. Its crazy the handling and stability improvement it gave, not to mention no more flybar strikes with hard outdoor flying.
The small weights make it REALLY agile, I switch between those and the medium weights.

I am however in the middle of turning my V911 brushless (for the main motor) and will use the full kit again once I have that power available to me...the extra weight will not be a problem after that.

Also, my 10 130mah Turnigy Nanotechs with the T2 connectors have been shipped from Hobbyking, will update you all once they get in as to fit and how hard they are to mod if they dont.
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
Last edited by RawmadeCF; Jan 17, 2012 at 01:08 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2012, 01:38 AM
Joined Jan 2010
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Clicking either link results in the message:

"Page no longer available. It seems you have landed on a page that doesn't exist anymore."
Try these links:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19419

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18792
Thx1326 is offline Find More Posts by Thx1326
Old Jan 17, 2012, 03:00 AM
FPV Pilot
Germany, NRW, K
Joined Jun 2010
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor73 View Post
Hi everyone!

Just made my maiden flight with V911!

As a long time Solo Pro V2 pilot I'm very impressed with my first flight on v911. I tried to remove the v911 landing skids to check if I could replace them with Solo Pro V2 skids (and battery tray...) but this thing seems to be glued to main frame! Is it like that on all the v911 or the little chinese guy at the factory that made this one had a 6th feeling that I would try to do that first thing?
Has anyone checked if solo pro V2 landing skids are plug&play, 100% compatible with V911? And maybe the upgrade one made by Xtreme Production too?

I'm also about to bind my Turnigy 9X with the V911! That is what I've been waiting for a long time!!! Is there any special instructions to do that, like a specific mode set and or mix programming to make it work best with 9X or ER9X?

Thanks!
: )
trying to see if the skids from my 9958 fit was also one of the first things i tried, but mine is glued too, and so is the tail boom some more spares should arrive after the chinese new year and i will have an unglued frame, boom and skids.

I and several people before me posted instructions of binding the 9x, some differed which might have been due to firmware changes? (My sequence for ER9X: Tx on, Heli on, press bind button when heli flashes fast, restart both)

I have applied several mixers, some expo and other gimmicks configured:
* the poti on the right regulates rates for rudder, elevator and ailerons from 0-100% (you have to create a custom curve for that so the potis value is always positive and does not cross 0)
* the 3-way switch has 3 preprogrammed rate modes from low over medium to high
* i applied some expo to rudder, aileron and elevator
* the bottom-left switch is programmed as throttle safety switch (rotor won't start if the switch is off)
* the timer is configured to be triggered when the throttle is not zero
* throttle trim and expo are set to "ON", this removes the center point for trim and expo, you have to turn the trim all the way down too when you set this. (if you apply expo to throttle, it now goes from bottom to top, not from center outwards - better consult the manual on this one )
* a custom switch (SW1) thats 'on' when throttle is below -45
* a mixer that adds 60 (IIRC) right aileron when SW1 is active (added some slope up (15s) & down (4s) so it takes it out gently after take off and never active once started) - i can just throttle up and the heli would climb straight up without the tendency of sliding left

i can provide screenshots if thats needed...
Mulder_ is offline Find More Posts by Mulder_
Old Jan 17, 2012, 04:06 AM
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666 View Post
Aaron,

I appreciate the apology. It goes a long way.

You didn't need to send a replacement v911 & pcb, too. A receiver was all I requested. Thanks anyway.

I'm glad we've reached a resolution as I was about to proceed with a chargeback later today.

Thanks for the update. I also received an eMail confirming this 3 hours ago.

Regards,

Damian

PS- Is it being shipped via Flytexpress as per last time, or is it HK post?
I ask for tracking purposes.
A new heli for replacement,a PCB board for fixing your another v911,then you can own two V911 helis..
Track number:RA451847025CN
Following website:http://www.17track.net/(check it 48 hour later)
Aaron qin is online now Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 17, 2012, 04:25 AM
FPV Pilot
Germany, NRW, K
Joined Jun 2010
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin View Post
A new heli for replacement,a PCB board for fixing your another v911,then you can own two V911 helis..
thats great service! myrcmart had me buy a new heli (9958), pay all the shipping costs myself (outrageous!!!) and refund me $13 for the main board. the alternatives would have been to just get the mainboard which is on backorder and have my brother solder it in himself (i ordered for him (birthday), he lives in a different country) which would be a disaster and you should not ask your customers to fix your faulty products, or send the heli back and get replacement, shipping from europe to HK exeeds the heli cost and would delay further.
Mulder_ is offline Find More Posts by Mulder_
Old Jan 17, 2012, 04:48 AM
United Kingdom, England, Essex
Joined Jan 2012
52 Posts
ordered v911 on saturday 14th Jan on banggood, today i get a tracking number. Im happy with that service.

Heres hoping that when it arrives its all working well and my son should have a big smile on his birthday.
_sprowt is offline Find More Posts by _sprowt
Old Jan 17, 2012, 04:57 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theVman View Post
Ok, I know this isn't pertinent to the latest servo issues, but I'm hoping this comes in useful for somebody.

I'm a TOTAL heli newb. Been reading this thread for a few weeks then decided to get a V911 from Banggood (shipped Dec. 28, received Jan. 12, and I live in California...) Anyway, I really like this helicopter because like a total newb, I thrashed it pretty well while learning to fly it - still nothing broken. A plastic bit fell off the battery as I was plugging it in, but nothing that was critical to flight performance.

The last few flights I have noticed that there is a pronounced wobble, or shudder when hovering, or if I'm giving it just slight rudder input. Reading about cpuken's issues with the loosening swashplate got me to inspecting mine. The swashplate was not clearly separating, but did seem kind of loose. So I've ordered a metal swashplate set from that site where you can shop victoriously, but in the meanwhile, I thought I'd try keeping the swashplate seated with a pen spring. After trying many times to cut a section of spring that wouldn't bind somewhere as the main shaft turned, I then decided to try something else.

I took a small section of silicon fuel tubing - basically a ring about 2mm wide - and put it on the main shaft above the swashplate. The small inner diameter of the fuel tubing keeps a pretty good grip on the main shaft. Consequently, the ring provided a surprising amount of pressure on the swashplate. Inititially, I had the silicon ring pressed as far down as the swashplate would allow, but then discovered that it caused tension throughout the entire head assembly, and the flybar would not move freely. And thanks to this forum, I now know that a flybar that does not move freely is bad news. So I pushed up the silicon ring so that it only lightly made contact with the swash plate. The flybar now moves freely, and better yet, the shudder/wobble is no more.

I have attached pictures to show the installation. Questions and comments are welcome.
tHAT'S A VERY NEAT SOLUTION THANKS FOR SHARING I GUESS YOU HAD TO DISMANTLE FROM THE SWASHPLATE UP TO INSERT THAT SILICONE RING THOUGH??
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona
Old Jan 17, 2012, 05:02 AM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,795 Posts
I"m seriously thinking about getting the Align T-Rex stock swashplate since it has a ball in it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Align-T-Rex-...7451%26ps%3D54

Better picture:

http://www.helihobby.com/ProductDeta...H11008&click=2

What do you think? I'm considiering for future upgrades swapping out the entire main rotor assembly, but then again, for that price you could have bought an Align T-Rex 100.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by MassiveOverkill; Jan 17, 2012 at 05:21 AM.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 05:14 AM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin View Post
Aaron,
This is great, this good customer service is very appreciated.
asanado is offline Find More Posts by asanado
Old Jan 17, 2012, 05:19 AM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,795 Posts
I also appreciate the good service. Hopefully I won't have to make use of it. Price is king, but price also includes costs if things go bad and it's good to know that Banggood has the cheapest price in any case.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2012, 06:58 AM
United Kingdom, England, Essex
Joined Jan 2012
52 Posts
any chance someone could list the things to check upon opening the box for a new v911, don't wish my son to go full steam into charging the batteries and attempting first flight without a pre-flight check
_sprowt is offline Find More Posts by _sprowt
Old Jan 17, 2012, 07:57 AM
Magyarország, Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén, Miskolc
Joined Dec 2011
79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulder_ View Post
this is the 1million dollar question for all of us. No one could ever confirm anything yet, i believe. HK linked one customer to lipos that are supposed to be compatible, but if you look at the images, they seem to be missing the side rail that the v911 batterie have. I went ahead and ordered some samples from HK and also some battery connectors for the v911. it is unfortunate that the v911 battery connector does not come with the actual metal connectors, its just the plastic housing, otherwise you could rework most of the lipos to fit. HK is taking their time to ship my batteries though, stuck "in print queue" for several days
Turnigy nano-tech 130mah 1S 25C Lipo Pack (Nine Eagles style - T2 Twin Rail for older models)

I received this battery my friend, unfortunetly not fit the V911 heli and not fit the v911 charger The HK said: this battery compatible the v911 -not true!
csomi2 is offline Find More Posts by csomi2
Old Jan 17, 2012, 08:22 AM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by butizzle View Post
I had that idea myself, unfortunately it doesn't help. When it gets stuck, it'll only start if I crank up the throttle. And then when it does start, the heli still can't be flown as it tumbles around in the air.. I think there's something in the motor blocking it or something. I'll just order a few motors (don't wanna wait a month every time this happens, and I have a feeling this isn't the last time) and see if it works with a new motor.
I am still on the border about ordering a V911, (just got the Christmas Mastercard bill), but I have had a lot of troubleshooting experience with my mSR, mSR X, and some 3 channel infrareds. I am finding that some batteries have very different abilities to fly and in particular hold the tail. I am guessing that they have differences in their C capacity even in some cases with 2 examples of the same battery brand. Have you tried different batteries?

It is likely that a new motor will solve your problem, but I would be sure to get some extra batteries, and main and tail blades, and maybe a main motor too while your at it, so you don't have to wait for a slow boat from China next time you have a problem.

If you are in a real hurry to get back up in the air, you could check with some of the old pros on this thread, but I think you could get a Blade mSR or mSR X tail assembly at most local hobby shops and substitute that. I think that most of this class of helicopter is using pretty much the same 6mm coreless pager motor.

John in Merrill
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Old Jan 17, 2012, 08:28 AM
Beginner Pilot
United States, CA, Wheatland
Joined Dec 2011
205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyKYFox View Post
Hey Ken. Glad to here your close to getting yours. Since we seem to have ordered the same day maybe mine will be here soon. This is the latest on tracking for me.

Detailed Results:

Processed Through Sort Facility, January 08, 2012, 9:28 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
Processed Through Sort Facility, January 08, 2012, 11:36 am, HONG KONG, HONG KONG
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Acceptance, January 05, 2012, 10:23 am, HONG KONG
Woohoo!!! Since KY is much closer to NY than CA, I would assume you would be getting yours this week too.

I should get mine today. USPS comes to my office late morning and I have already scheduled the afternoon for getting to know my new heli.
kenfrisbee is offline Find More Posts by kenfrisbee
Old Jan 17, 2012, 08:53 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
I"m seriously thinking about getting the Align T-Rex stock swashplate since it has a ball in it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Align-T-Rex-...7451%26ps%3D54

Better picture:

http://www.helihobby.com/ProductDeta...H11008&click=2

What do you think? I'm considiering for future upgrades swapping out the entire main rotor assembly, but then again, for that price you could have bought an Align T-Rex 100.
Nah, you lose cyclic throw since the hub balls aren't as long as the v911. Wait till the Solo Pro 270a parts become available. The upper swashhub has the ball and they look about as long as the stock v911.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon