Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:28 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonspurs View Post
Does your blades say BORKEN instead of BROKEN?
I think they all do, that's no doubt why somebody has put "my corter is borken" under his user name. Can't remember who though...

Edit: Just looked again. My blue/white & my black/orange say borken, my yellow/black (the "cloned clone") say broken. It's all still a whole heap better than my Chinese though
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by tiggertoo1962; Dec 06, 2012 at 02:46 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 02:50 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon View Post
That is most likely correct. ...assuming the manufacturer did the design correct in the first place.

Rick
Well thankfully the boys at WL Toys seem to have made not too bad a job of it
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:00 PM
Joined Dec 2012
210 Posts
Rick, what you described is exactly what was happening, I had only experienced it though in the left turn. Having flown fixed wing for so many years it has been hard to get used to having to push the stick forward for forward flight, and worse because I always flew with down trim rolled in so I always had to maintain back pressure on the stick. Am doing fine I guess but will take a while to unlearn old habits. Tom
tracker1955 is offline Find More Posts by tracker1955
Old Dec 06, 2012, 04:57 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,578 Posts
busted canopy holder

Hey Guys

just realised I've managed to bust one of the rods which holds the canopy on my yellow heli - the back one just below the swash assembly.

Trying to superglue it at the moment, but in case that doesn't work I was wondering if anyone has another fix for it.

One thought I had was to drill a couple of 0.3mm holes and insert a pin, but that would probably involve buying a mini drill, as I'm not sure if I could use such a small bit in my battery drill.

The heli still flies ok at the moment, and I had thought about cutting off the corresponding rod on the other side so the back of the canopy just hangs in the air. Not sure though if I might then damage a servo linkage if the heli takes a hard hit on the side.

As always, any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
Tigg
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:18 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Hey Guys

just realised I've managed to bust one of the rods which holds the canopy on my yellow heli - the back one just below the swash assembly.

Trying to superglue it at the moment, but in case that doesn't work I was wondering if anyone has another fix for it.

One thought I had was to drill a couple of 0.3mm holes and insert a pin, but that would probably involve buying a mini drill, as I'm not sure if I could use such a small bit in my battery drill.

The heli still flies ok at the moment, and I had thought about cutting off the corresponding rod on the other side so the back of the canopy just hangs in the air. Not sure though if I might then damage a servo linkage if the heli takes a hard hit on the side.

As always, any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers
Tigg
Canopies? ... we don't need no stinkin' canopies!

We Don't Need No Stinkin' Badges. The Truth (0 min 40 sec)
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:06 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
... managed to bust one of the rods which holds the canopy on my yellow heli - the back one just below the swash assembly...
My fix is to splice all the way through to the unbroken side with a sewing needle, heat shrink and epoxy.
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:30 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_Crash_Thumbs View Post
My fix is to splice all the way through to the unbroken side with a sewing needle, heat shrink and epoxy.
here here yes i also use tiny jewlery drills and straight pins. and epoxy.
and heatshrink works in alot of situations
tonytester
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:48 PM
Bash crash hopefully no splash
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Apr 2012
590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
Which way does it spin?

Besides the other suggestions made, also check for a loose tail blade. I have found the the stock ones almost always get a crack in the hub, even if you never hit the tail on anything. Then it will start to slip on the shaft after a while. Aftermarket have been much better.]
I don't know if anyone else has found the same thing, but I've found the black tail rotors used on the Y911 and Helios stay in place much better. I've lost a fair number of the original 911 tail rotors given my propensity for crashing into trees while flying in the wind. I even add a drop of CA glue to the shaft end, and that doesn't completely solve the issue.

In comparison, depsite my best efforts I am yet to lose a black Y911 rotor. I have bent them a couple of times (including destroying one), but never had one come off the shaft.
Flyingboats is online now Find More Posts by Flyingboats
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:50 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingboats View Post
I don't know if anyone else has found the same thing, but I've found the black tail rotors used on the Y911 and Helios stay in place much better. I've lost a fair number of the original 911 tail rotors given my propensity for crashing into trees while flying in the wind. I even add a drop of CA glue to the shaft end, and that doesn't completely solve the issue.

In comparison, depsite my best efforts I am yet to lose a black Y911 rotor. I have bent them a couple of times (including destroying one), but never had one come off the shaft.
Yep, the black ones are what I use too.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:58 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
401 Posts
Quote:
Hey Guys

I had an "incident" with one of mine. (I knocked it off a chair and knocked the chair over on it!) The entire mounting tube for the tail boom was broken out of the frame. I used White Gorilla Glue to encapsulate the breaks. That was a good 50 flights ago, and it's still holding.

Rick
Ricomon is online now Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:16 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMEGS888 View Post
What scale body could fit for the v911. Does anyone have a idea.
Here are three Hughes 300 style canopies.

Here's an Agusta 109 fuselage.

Obviously, I've done the 300 canopies. I have an Agusta fuselage, but I haven't mounted it yet. It looks fairly easy, though. All of these are cheap. Even the Agusta is less than $10 shipped, if I recall correctly.

Rick
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:32 PM
GOT WINGS
United States, TX, Wilbarger
Joined Apr 2012
2,267 Posts
To tiggertoo1962 and others interested, Most of the time when I had to drill in any of the plastics on any of these helis, even very small holes, it was easier to control and very easy to drill just turning the drill bit by hand
siriusflier is online now Find More Posts by siriusflier
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:00 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
425 Posts
Quote:
I had an "incident" with one of mine. (I knocked it off a chair and knocked the chair over on it!) The entire mounting tube for the tail boom was broken out of the frame. I used White Gorilla Glue to encapsulate the breaks. That was a good 50 flights ago, and it's still holding.

Rick
Your landing skids are ...... Twinkies ?!?

j/k!
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:12 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
401 Posts
Hey, ever get hit in the face by a heli? You need something to take away the tears. What could be better than sugary treats?

Actually, I never saw them looking like Twinkies, but that's pretty funny! Those are supposed to look like floats. I made them from EPP foam sticky throwing darts from Dollar Tree.

Hey, I wonder if I could make rotor blades from Hershey Bars. ...and how about a marshmallow for a canopy?

Rick
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:37 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
Quote:
Here are three Hughes 300 style canopies.

Here's an Agusta 109 fuselage.

Obviously, I've done the 300 canopies. I have an Agusta fuselage, but I haven't mounted it yet. It looks fairly easy, though. All of these are cheap. Even the Agusta is less than $10 shipped, if I recall correctly.

Rick
I was gonna say I have an Agusta fuse on my v911 and then I realized you already posted the link.

But yes, very easy and it was under $10. You just have to reverse the battery mount for COG. It's definitely my favorite v911.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac