HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:34 PM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,769 Posts
New version V911

Well guys, after a week into flying two new version V911s, I ordered two more and took delivery of them yesterday. I paid $32 for each complete kit from Xheli and glad I did. I see that they have increased the price to $39.95 now.
I ordered 10 new version batteries from this overseas outlet last week:
http://www.shuang-ma.com/VLTOYS-V911...are-parts.html
And just now I ordered 6 more from a USA ebay seller. I don't like to wait for parts and was really glad to find the USA outlet, no matter what the price!
Anyway, why 4 V911s you might ask? Simply put, after having owned 4 MSRs last year at 3 times the price, the V911 blows my mind. I can't believe how it handles, twice as good as any of my MSRs ever did. After doing minor mechanical trimming, all four hover hands off and perform flawlessly (no crashes to-date helps with all that). Oh, one big plus from the ones I got from Xheli is that each box was sealed from the factory!
I had a slight case of the wobbles on one and after having added a drop of oil on the swashplate bearings and two motors, I simplied applied an ever so slight amount to the flybar holder, problem solved.
I'll eventually get around to doing an in house video and will post up!

Jim
CCbusa05 is offline Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Last edited by CCbusa05; Dec 05, 2012 at 06:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:52 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05 View Post
Well guys, after a week into flying two new version V911s, I ordered two more and took delivery of them yesterday. I paid $32 for each complete kit from Xheli and glad I did. I see that they have increased the price to $39.95 now.
I ordered 10 new version batteries from this overseas out last week:
And just now I ordered 6 more from a USA ebay seller. I don't like to wait for parts and was really glad to find the USA outlet, no matter what the price!
Anyway, why 4 V911s you might ask? Simply put, after having owned 4 MSRs last year at 3 times the price, the V911 blows my mind. I can't believe how it handles, twice as good as any of my MSRs ever did. After doing minor mechanical trimming, all four hover hands off and perform flawlessly (no crashes to-date helps with all that). Oh, one big plus from the ones I got from Xheli is that each box was sealed from the factory!
Jim
Why the hell not?

Hi Jim. Glad you're enjoying your new helis. Was just wondering why it's a big plus that each box was sealed from the factory. I kinda had the impression that it's good if the dealer takes a personal interest and checks them before sending them out

Cheers, and happy flying
Tigg

Still prefer the old-style skids though, cos you can get 150 mah batteries for them.
e2? Your turn!!
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:59 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbusa05 View Post
I ordered 10 new version batteries from this overseas out last week:
I had a slight case of the wobbles on one and after having added a drop of oil on the swashplate bearings and two motors, I simplied applied an ever so slight amount to the flybar holder, problem solved.
I'll eventually get around to doing an in house video and will post up!

Jim
I don't know how you found that particular sub page, but there's no direct link from their home page. Anyway, funny how they misspelled "wl toys" with "vl toys".
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:04 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
I don't know how you found that particular sub page, but there's no direct link from their home page. Anyway, funny how they misspelled "wl toys" with "vl toys".
Yep - pretty hard to beat the old 'VL TOSY v911' as an entry level fp.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:31 PM
United States, KY, Owensboro
Joined Dec 2011
92 Posts
Where are you guys getting your 150mah batteries for the v911(the older version)
SlyKYFox is offline Find More Posts by SlyKYFox
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:41 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyKYFox View Post
Where are you guys getting your 150mah batteries for the v911(the older version)
here
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-5-...y-p-46387.html

Anybody fancy telling me how to turn the "here" into the hyperlink? (only if it's easy to do, otherwise I'd rather spend my time flying )
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:58 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,202 Posts
Basic Copy & Paste. First copy the URL into buffer. Then in your editing window, select "here". Click on the "insert link" icon (globe with link). Paste URL. Done.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:52 PM
2012 ZX14R ....faster than you
USA, NV, Carson City
Joined Sep 2006
1,769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Why the hell not?

Hi Jim. Glad you're enjoying your new helis. Was just wondering why it's a big plus that each box was sealed from the factory. I kinda had the impression that it's good if the dealer takes a personal interest and checks them before sending them out

Cheers, and happy flying
Tigg

Still prefer the old-style skids though, cos you can get 150 mah batteries for them.
e2? Your turn!!
Hi Tigg-
Yeah, ordinarily I would definitely welcome the dealer opening the box and taking it for a test flight and maybe even trimming it out for me. This would be highly recommended for someone new to this addictive hobby, but personally, I like to do all that myself. So far, so good, throughout the years, I haven't received a lemon out-of-the-box yet!
CCbusa05 is offline Find More Posts by CCbusa05
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:11 PM
United States, NM, Deming
Joined Sep 2012
405 Posts
HK Back light

Might be a little off topic but can anyone tell me the input voltage to the back light. I can't seem to get it to work on my 9x with er9x. Would like to test it outside the box.
cervri is offline Find More Posts by cervri
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:15 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,485 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cervri View Post
Might be a little off topic but can anyone tell me the input voltage to the back light. I can't seem to get it to work on my 9x with er9x. Would like to test it outside the box.
People in the 9x forum told me it's meant to run off battery voltage, in other words, 10 or 11 volts (seems way too high/bright to me). HOWEVER, personally I run mine at 5 volts.

At the least a test at 5 volts won't hurt.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:39 PM
United States, NM, Deming
Joined Sep 2012
405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
People in the 9x forum told me it's meant to run off battery voltage, in other words, 10 or 11 volts (seems way too high/bright to me). HOWEVER, personally I run mine at 5 volts.

At the least a test at 5 volts won't hurt.
Great, Thank you, I'll give it a go.
cervri is offline Find More Posts by cervri
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:52 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
425 Posts
Quote:
here
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-5-...y-p-46387.html

Anybody fancy telling me how to turn the "here" into the hyperlink? (only if it's easy to do, otherwise I'd rather spend my time flying )

Click me --->
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:02 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,564 Posts
Quote:
Code:
(URL="http://www.here.com/here.php")HERE!!!(/URL).
Replace ( with [ and ) with ]
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:22 AM
Joined Jul 2012
210 Posts
poor tail hold on v911

My one and only (for now, anyway) v911 trends to spin during rapid throttle changes. While it's generally much more stable than my mSRx, here is noticeably worse. It's this fixable, or just inherent in the design?
Mike Meyer is offline Find More Posts by Mike Meyer
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:23 AM
Joined Jul 2012
210 Posts
poor tail hold on v911

My one and only (for now, anyway) v911 trends to spin during rapid throttle changes. While it's generally much more stable than my mSRx, this is noticeably worse. Is this fixable, or just inherent in the design?
Mike Meyer is offline Find More Posts by Mike Meyer