HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:19 AM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee0007 View Post
Can someone please tell me the left control and right control on the transmitter of the v911. I'm awaiting for the arrival and I want to practice on the sim. Since I'm a noob I don't know. But I'm guessing the left stick is throttle and rudder and the right is elevator and ailerons??
Is this correct and is it usually like this on the transmitter ?
Thanks
That is correct for Mode 2, which is pretty much the standard here in the US. Mode 1 has throttle and yaw (rudder) on the right stick and pitch (elevator) and roll (ailerons) on the left.

Rick
Ricomon is online now Find More Posts by Ricomon
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:27 AM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboSerg View Post
Anyone please explain why everyone is recommending to get esky nano canopy weighting 8g whereas the stock v911 canopy is said to weight 3g.
I'm sure that's the seller's shipping weight. I fly with those canopies, and I can assure you they are much lighter than stock. They are very thin vacuformed plastic, and the door areas are wide open. I tried to weigh one, but it doesn't even register on my cheapie postal scale. I found that I had to physically trim the the heli to go more forward because of the lighter weight of the canopy. The paper thin E-Flite MCX S300 is even lighter yet.

Rick
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:39 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon View Post
It's my understanding that all single rotor helis will accelerate when turning right and decelerate when turning left. That's certainly the case with all of my V911s, my Bravo SX, and my Cobra.

Rick
Thanks mate, it was quite long time ago, and I couldnt remember correctly...maybe it was some problem with my mSR...maybe a tail motor problem...(due it was annoyingly slow one direction...it couldnt have been normal....) My 120SR didnt suffer with that issue, at least it was just hardly noticable...
bulesz is online now Find More Posts by bulesz
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:44 AM
Joined Nov 2012
36 Posts
Quote:
That is correct for Mode 2, which is pretty much the standard here in the US. Mode 1 has throttle and yaw (rudder) on the right stick and pitch (elevator) and roll (ailerons) on the left.

Rick
Thanks,
Could you also tell me please the steps to bind the heli to the tx since I hear all these conflicting ways. And what is the advantage of having a metal head replaced? Does it make it more stable ?
dee0007 is offline Find More Posts by dee0007
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:54 AM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post
Thanks mate, it was quite long time ago, and I couldnt remember correctly...maybe it was some problem with my mSR...maybe a tail motor problem...(due it was annoyingly slow one direction...it couldnt have been normal....) My 120SR didnt suffer with that issue, at least it was just hardly noticable...
I may have added some confusion. The yaw rate (rotational speed about its vertical axis) turning left and right should be the same, but the forward speed changes as you turn. Turn right, and it goes forward faster. Turn left, and it goes forward slower. I hope this cleared it up.

Rick
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:01 AM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee0007 View Post
Thanks,
Could you also tell me please the steps to bind the heli to the tx since I hear all these conflicting ways. And what is the advantage of having a metal head replaced? Does it make it more stable ?
To bind the heli to the stock tx:
  1. Insert battery into heli.
  2. Place heli on level surface. ...or hold it very still and very level. This allows the gyro to calibrate.
  3. Make sure the throttle stick on the tx is all the way down,
  4. Turn the tx on, and wait for the beeping to stop.
If all went well, the heli should be bound and ready to fly.

I don't think there is an advantage to the metal head. I think it just ads weight, thereby shortening the flight time, unnecessarily overheating the motors, etc. I think it's just for looks.

Rick
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:35 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,284 Posts
Quote:
I may have added some confusion. The yaw rate (rotational speed about its vertical axis) turning left and right should be the same, but the forward speed changes as you turn. Turn right, and it goes forward faster. Turn left, and it goes forward slower. I hope this cleared it up.

Rick
The yaw rate was different to right / left with the mSR...so with the V911 is it the same?
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:16 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post
The yaw rate was different to right / left with the mSR...so with the V911 is it the same?
Hard to say, both directions are fast (stock tx). But left turns are tighter than right turns due to the natural right-ward lean.
stonecutter is online now Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:33 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Hard to say, both directions are fast (stock tx). But left turns are tighter than right turns due to the natural right-ward lean.
Thanks, naaiceee, that will be enough for me...
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:43 AM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
401 Posts
Yeah, the yaw rate is faster than anybody needs. The poor, poor little guys flying in there must get dizzy! I doubt if you'd notice if the left and right yaw rates were different.

Give the V911 a try, and I'm sure you'll be pleased with it.

Rick
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:00 PM
Joined Dec 2009
24 Posts
Aggravated....
Ordered these battery's as the seller stated they are for the v911 but they have a different plug and will not fit my charger or my heli...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300810988283
So disappointed...
Dark_Lord is offline Find More Posts by Dark_Lord
Last edited by Dark_Lord; Dec 04, 2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:03 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord View Post
Aggravated....
Ordered these battery's as the seller stated they are for the v911 but they have a different plug and will not fir my charger or my heli...
So disappointed...
i dont see where they are different from the version 1 V911 batteries. >The only reason I could see why they dont fit yours is if you already have one of the <NEW Version V911 ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:06 PM
Finland, Imatra
Joined Dec 2012
14 Posts
I now can fly the chopper somehow in large spaces but I can't dream of flying it in my apartment. The moment I take of the heli starts flying all over the place
Tirppa is offline Find More Posts by Tirppa
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:25 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Aggravated....
Ordered these battery's as the seller stated they are for the v911 but they have a different plug and will not fit my charger or my heli...
So disappointed...
The batteries LOOK ok, but when I see a professional seller has < 99.5% positive feedback, and especially when I read his replies to the negative feedback, I don't think I'd have bought anything off him.

Reckon e2 could be right about you having the new-style batteries though...
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:12 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Aug 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Aggravated....
So disappointed...
I have seen only 120mah cells for the new plug version WL Toys v911: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-5-...t-p-52374.html
2_Crash_Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by 2_Crash_Thumbs