HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:47 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Purely in the interests of science, and because nobody could tell me not to , I tried flying 2 of my helis simultaneously with 1 tx today. One is a yellow old style 150mah battery, total weight 34g and the other was a blue/white new style 120mah battery, total weight 32g.

The "experiment" never lasted more than a few seconds since the blue/white was nearly at the ceiling (2.30m) while the yellow was about a metre off the ground.

Is this difference in reaction to the throttle due purely to the 2g weight difference, or does anyone have any other theories?
From my personal experience of owning a number of all versions of v911's, I'd found that there is a sizable variance in the motor strengths, which translates to lift, even among birds of the same version. So what you observed is not surprising.
stonecutter is online now Find More Posts by stonecutter
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:48 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevez1kart View Post
I use a similar one on my planes. It's ment to use the balance plug of a battery with 2 or more cells (7.4v). It's too heavy to fly on a small heli but you can still use it on a v911 battery buy touching the bottom and 3rd up pin to your battery (it may show 2 cells even though you only have one). It will also plug into a Walkera style battery plug to test.
Thanks for that Steve. I tried that and nearly had to change my underpants Any way to turn the buzzer off? While I'm at it, to save me asking any more questions about the thing, does anyone have a link to instructions on use for it?

Thanks
Tigg

Edit: Forgot to say, it works on the old batteries as the poles are the right distance apart, but on the new ones they're too close together.
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by tiggertoo1962; Dec 02, 2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 02:15 PM
Always borking my corter
Joined Feb 2012
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwock View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1542968

Mechanical/manual trim thread, it should be mandatory reading for us new owners.

In short, cancel your controller trims and adjust the lengths of the servo connectors first, to get a neutral hovering trim.

Once done there is no real need for any trim on the right controller stick, indoors anyway. You will likely still need to trim the rudder per flight.

If this doesn't solve it, look for stock swashplate separation or linkage binding near the head which can cause TBE/precession. But I expect you just need mechanical trim.
Thanks! I'm going to try that today, sounds like that will do the trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
What does it do when hovering? Make sure the linkage swivels on the balls. Sometimes you can smack them hard enough that you knock the ball through the linkage.
The linkage is ok I think, I checked for play and/or binding and they all felt good. The problem is it just doesn't want to hover without input from the transmitter. I'm going to try the method in the link above and see if that does the trick.

Thanks for the help so far guys!
bflan2001 is offline Find More Posts by bflan2001
Old Dec 02, 2012, 02:18 PM
Trees are bad
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Thanks for that Steve. I tried that and nearly had to change my underpants Any way to turn the buzzer off? While I'm at it, to save me asking any more questions about the thing, does anyone have a link to instructions on use for it?

Thanks
Tigg

Edit: Forgot to say, it works on the old batteries as the poles are the right distance apart, but on the new ones they're too close together.
It will sound off when you first plug it in or whenever voltage drops to somewhere around 3.4v per cell. Only option I can see would be to disable alarm permanently.
Stevez1kart is offline Find More Posts by Stevez1kart
Old Dec 02, 2012, 02:37 PM
Joined Sep 2011
478 Posts
Anyone tried the Blade MSR paddles?
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=8593

Some guy on youtube said it makes the heli more responsive AND be able to handle more wing outside i.e. making the heli controllable with stronger winds.
RoboSerg is offline Find More Posts by RoboSerg
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:06 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboSerg View Post

Some guy on youtube said it makes the heli more responsive AND be able to handle more wing outside i.e. making the heli controllable with stronger winds.
Try searching this thread with "msr paddles". Be amazed at what you might find
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:07 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboSerg View Post

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=101

(I am sure I know y who you are referring to - as for me personally, I cant say how they work in wind as I dont fly outside, but it was definitely a huge improvement inside ...)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:26 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevez1kart View Post
It will sound off when you first plug it in or whenever voltage drops to somewhere around 3.4v per cell. Only option I can see would be to disable alarm permanently.
Oops ! Don't think I want to go opening it up, so maybe it's time to have another look for my multi meter.

I suppose I need to get my F45 first and plug the tester in before I can mess around with the voltage settings... correct?
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:54 PM
Joined Dec 2009
24 Posts
Thx guys, i will just order it through xheli.
yes the v911 is only $32.00 at the moment, but the $16.00 shipping bumps it up a bit. i found it funny how before the sale xheli had the v911 up for $34.00 and the shipping was $2 cheaper at $14.00. but after the item was placed on sale $2 cheaper, they raised the shipping $2 to cover the cost..... but its been the same all across the site. makes you think its a good deal until you see the outrageous shipping cost they charge you for such a small package.
Dark_Lord is offline Find More Posts by Dark_Lord
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:59 PM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Jun 2012
428 Posts
I made a couple of battery adapter for Imax B6 from stock chargers.

ercapoccia is online now Find More Posts by ercapoccia
Old Dec 02, 2012, 04:35 PM
Joined Dec 2009
24 Posts
Nice work man,
I was just thinking the other day on how i could charge mine on my Thunder AC6 charger.
Dark_Lord is offline Find More Posts by Dark_Lord
Old Dec 02, 2012, 04:58 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
You can make connectors with plastic clothes pins also. Two screws through one side connected to the wires and simply clip the pin onto the battery.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:39 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
From my personal experience of owning a number of all versions of v911's, I'd found that there is a sizable variance in the motor strengths, which translates to lift, even among birds of the same version. So what you observed is not surprising.
I flew 2 sp260s at the same time and had a ball until they started to drift away and made me panic. both had about the same amount of power and response.
tonytester
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:02 PM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
You can make connectors with plastic clothes pins also. Two screws through one side connected to the wires and simply clip the pin onto the battery.
Great simple ideal! Your new avatar should be "The Inavator"
Petrie is offline Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:00 PM
Joined Apr 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
The answer to your question is Yes.

I could see how you don't want to read the entire long thread. But read at least the 1st post and the FAQ there. Your question was answered there. If you tried to use the search function and look for 9x, you'd see that many of us have been using, or buying that exact Tx.
Thanks sir!
I actually did read the first page, but having modules in Tx are new to me, just wanted to confirm certain things. Anyway, appreciate all your inputs, Thanks!
irvinrhey is offline Find More Posts by irvinrhey