Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:04 AM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
YEEEEHAAAAAAA!!!!!!! )

Major Kong Rides the Bomb (0 min 25 sec)
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:12 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,566 Posts
lol !!!
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:27 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,566 Posts
Just bought this battery alarm...
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-1s...m-p-26049.html
... so that I'm ready when I get my F45. I have absolutely no idea how to use the thing, and there were no instructions with it - probably cos if you need instructions, you're stupid

Meantime since I have the tester but no F45 yet, I was wondering if it can be used to check the voltages on my V911 batteries and, if so, how. I have a multimeter somewhere up in the loft but, as is the way of things, my loft seems to have eaten it all up...
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2012, 10:54 AM
Joined Dec 2009
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
@irvinrhey:
Yes, get a Turnigy 9x. The full one with it's module built in. It uses the FlySky protocol and will bind up with the v911, v929, v939, Xieda 9958, Vitality, Syma X1

The FlySky TH9x radio sold by Xheli is the same as the Turnigy 9x. Except in a black plastic instead of the grey on the Turnigy. The antenna is on the top as well. It's on sale for $74.50 and there's an extra 10% off coupon that expires tonight. The company is in the US, so a good source if you live there.

Ok, scratch that. They expired the coupon already even though it said you have until midnight (PST). Perhaps their server time is off.
lol yah, i tryed it the moment it came out and it still said that it had exspiered

Could anyone tell me if they have ordered anything from and how long it takes to receive an item (v911) from Banggood.com after it has been ordered with their free shipping?
i can not find the estimated shipping time anywhere on the site. just trying to find out if it would be here in time for christmas if i ordered it on monday.

Thx
Dark_Lord is offline Find More Posts by Dark_Lord
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:09 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord View Post
lol yah, i tryed it the moment it came out and it still said that it had exspiered

Could anyone tell me if they have ordered anything from and how long it takes to receive an item (v911) from Banggood.com after it has been ordered with their free shipping?
i can not find the estimated shipping time anywhere on the site. just trying to find out if it would be here in time for christmas if i ordered it on monday.

Thx
Own experiences : 2-7 weeks / Average 1 month
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:12 AM
PUMQ
EU, Slovakia, Bratislava
Joined Dec 2010
64 Posts
http://www.banggood.com/How-Long-Wil..._hi13_102.html

And on the Hong Kong Post site the are recommended dates of last order to be shipped until xmas.
BrAtKo is offline Find More Posts by BrAtKo
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:15 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrAtKo View Post
Very unrealistic data.
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:24 AM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
933 Posts
Christmas Tree in the Flight Path

Why do all the Indoor Heli Haters need to put Christmas trees in the living room? Right in the flight path. Outside is for trees and inside is for little helis.
Petrie is online now Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:34 AM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bflan2001 View Post
When I take off, it wants to go back and to the right. I tried adjusting the trim but it still acts the same on takeoff. If I punch the throttle on takeoff it won't stray as far but it whips around and I can't control it for a second or so.
What does it do when hovering? Make sure the linkage swivels on the balls. Sometimes you can smack them hard enough that you knock the ball through the linkage.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Last edited by Bvc; Dec 02, 2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:46 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord View Post

Thx
I ordered a rtf heli on Oct 22nd took just over 3 weeks, and a bunch of small parts ordered on Nov 4th and a bnf ordered on Nov 12th both arrived yesterday. Cinbe at BG was telling me that due to the festive season coming, orders could take a bit longer at the moment, which is pretty obvious really, so you might just be lucky although I wouldn't bet my house on it .
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:50 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by santley View Post
why do all the indoor heli haters need to put christmas trees in the living room? Right in the flight path. Outside is for trees and inside is for little helis.
hear hear!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:12 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley View Post
Why do all the Indoor Heli Haters need to put Christmas trees in the living room? Right in the flight path. Outside is for trees and inside is for little helis.
Trees were never an issue for me, it's the walls that cause problems.
stonecutter is online now Find More Posts by stonecutter
Last edited by stonecutter; Dec 02, 2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:02 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,060 Posts
The v911 package on xHeli is like $32. That's pretty good source if you're in the states and need it by Christmas. I personally wouldn't count on new Banggood orders to arrive before Christmas at this point in time.

Alternatively, try Tmart and make sure it's from the US warehouse. My last order from them for a couple of tail boom arrived in 3 days.

BTW, the FS-TH9x from HobbyPartz, Xheli, NitroPlanes is more like the Turnigy 9x. It has the rear module, which can be removed...but the antenna wire runs from the inside to the module. So the rear module isn't fully detachable.

Saw that the HobbyKing US warehouse has the Turnigy 9x in stock right now. $64. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Last edited by Daryoon; Dec 02, 2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:21 PM
Trees are bad
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Sep 2012
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Just bought this battery alarm...
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-1s...m-p-26049.html
... so that I'm ready when I get my F45. I have absolutely no idea how to use the thing, and there were no instructions with it - probably cos if you need instructions, you're stupid

Meantime since I have the tester but no F45 yet, I was wondering if it can be used to check the voltages on my V911 batteries and, if so, how. I have a multimeter somewhere up in the loft but, as is the way of things, my loft seems to have eaten it all up...
I use a similar one on my planes. It's ment to use the balance plug of a battery with 2 or more cells (7.4v). It's too heavy to fly on a small heli but you can still use it on a v911 battery buy touching the bottom and 3rd up pin to your battery (it may show 2 cells even though you only have one). It will also plug into a Walkera style battery plug to test.
Stevez1kart is offline Find More Posts by Stevez1kart
Old Dec 02, 2012, 01:38 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,566 Posts
Purely in the interests of science, and because nobody could tell me not to , I tried flying 2 of my helis simultaneously with 1 tx today. One is a yellow old style 150mah battery, total weight 34g and the other was a blue/white new style 120mah battery, total weight 32g.

The "experiment" never lasted more than a few seconds since the blue/white was nearly at the ceiling (2.30m) while the yellow was about a metre off the ground.

Is this difference in reaction to the throttle due purely to the 2g weight difference, or does anyone have any other theories?
RCG Plus Member