HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:55 AM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWShelton View Post
Fly it stock. It doesnt need any mods, its the most stable FP out there.
don't forget most durable, economical, and most fun.
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:00 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abarthguy View Post
Hi guys. I just picked up a V911. it will arrive tomorrow.
After doing hours of research I have also picked up the following to go along with it.
1. Solo pro carbon fiber main shaft for weight savings.
2. SP full CNC kit. with swash-new mixer arms. etc.
(I will NOT be trying to use the metal head as I have heard its very heavy.)
I know the cnc swash is heavy but im hoping the cf shaft will equal it out.
3. I picked up a set of 5 200mah batteries.
My first question is about the CF shaft, It just came in today and I noticed that the shaft has a split in it right at the gear screw hole.
Is this shaft JUNK or would a bit of CA salvage it?
Also. Any tips on stability mods?
My goal is to keep this guy hovering like a coaxial with my hands off the TX like its hanging off a string.
But not lose the ability to get crazy with it once i really master the controls.
Thanks for your help!
Where did you get the 200mAh batteries? Are these the new connector types?
My suggestion on stability mods; don't need any, stock v911 is too stable if anything, when you get comfortable with flying it, you want to mod it to lessen the stability and increase twitchiness as fresh challenge.
stonecutter is online now Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:07 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Don't have an E-Flite but, as far as I know, the new style batteries don't have the same connection. Maybe someone will correct me, but I don't think so.

My new B/W heli has the new batteries and TBH I'm not very impressed. They seem to disconnect very easily in a crash, so I spend half my time picking the heli up and reconnecting the battery (maybe it's just my heli...)

Got a yellow bnf today. They have the old style battery and fly completely different from the "original" v911s. Handles much more precisely, probably due to the fisheye swash. The white one is supposed to be pretty similar to the yellow, but can't give a first-hand opinion yet as I'm still waiting for mine. The yellow does seem to have a bit more sideways drift when turning, but that's just a matter of practice to get used to it. From now on I'll only be buying whites and yellows

If you're really insistent on the new style batteries, I'd think about getting a yellow heli and just buying the skids with the new connector. They're not exactly expensive

Hope this helped a bit. Any wrong or missing info there, I'm sure somebody will add their tuppence worth
I can confirm the white is the same as the yellow mechanically.

wl toys v911 (white clone) (2 min 35 sec)
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:11 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley View Post
@tiggertoo

Have a lot of E-Flight batteries why I was asking. I like to parallel charge 3 at a time. You gave me a hint and I think I could get some extra skids for the connector and make a 911parallel charge cable.

How will the yellow do on a bank turn? My black ones not so good at it.

Have you tried the 9116 TX? Great!!!
My y911 has no problems doing slow banked turns in my living room.

I can shoot some vid if you want.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:49 AM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post

regards . . . g
I would like to see that. I can do it about 60% of the time. Just can't get it to bank without a lot of speed. The other 40% are just flat turns.
Petrie is online now Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:57 AM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,488 Posts
Gah, it's a beautiful day for flying and this hawk keeps trying to eat my craft. It doesn't even mind that I'm standing right there, it just tried to grab my heli when it was no more than 5 feet away from me.

I imagine if it got hold of it, it would carry it off before realizing it wasn't edible.

I wonder if I brought out something larger maybe that would scare it off. I have no idea.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:11 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
Gah, it's a beautiful day for flying and this hawk keeps trying to eat my craft. It doesn't even mind that I'm standing right there, it just tried to grab my heli when it was no more than 5 feet away from me.

I imagine if it got hold of it, it would carry it off before realizing it wasn't edible.

I wonder if I brought out something larger maybe that would scare it off. I have no idea.
Grab your camera and record it. I'd gladly sacrifice a v911 to see that.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 12:20 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Grab your camera and record it. I'd gladly sacrifice a v911 to see that.
Yeah when it was happening I thought it would be nice to have a camera. It kept attacking again and again as I flew around and came back when I went out later. At first I thought it was fun outmaneuvering it but then I started to wonder what would happen if it grabbed it or accidentally ran into me. At the very least it would probably do significant damage, it's a pretty big Red-tailed hawk.

The weird thing is this hawk has always lived out there for years but has never bothered me until today. I always thought that because I was out there it stayed away, maybe it has reached a size where it doesn't care.

My camera is on the way but still probably weeks away.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:47 PM
Boca Raton FL
Joined Nov 2010
598 Posts
just ordered it! (blue white)

I'll also try to pair up with my 9x... it has a frsky dongle on it, but the 9x dongle is salvaged, hopefully it will work lol

how do you bind it to this heli?
razorseal is offline Find More Posts by razorseal
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:45 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnivorr View Post
Anyone having trouble getting to Banggod website? ..it seems like it's being blocked atm.. was ok this AM.
Yes. For the last week or two their servers have become insanely slow.
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Old Dec 01, 2012, 06:05 PM
Always borking my corter
Joined Feb 2012
126 Posts
They're probably getting overloaded with Christmas orders.

The aluminum kit was a failure, the heli was uncontrollable. I took it back to stock and I can actually fly it now, but I'm having trouble getting it to fly well. When I take off, it wants to go back and to the right. I tried adjusting the trim but it still acts the same on takeoff. If I punch the throttle on takeoff it won't stray as far but it whips around and I can't control it for a second or so. Is there something on the heli that I should be adjusting? I read through the manual and checked the linkage, everything seems to be within spec.
bflan2001 is offline Find More Posts by bflan2001
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:20 PM
Joined Nov 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bflan2001 View Post
They're probably getting overloaded with Christmas orders.

The aluminum kit was a failure, the heli was uncontrollable. I took it back to stock and I can actually fly it now, but I'm having trouble getting it to fly well. When I take off, it wants to go back and to the right. I tried adjusting the trim but it still acts the same on takeoff. If I punch the throttle on takeoff it won't stray as far but it whips around and I can't control it for a second or so. Is there something on the heli that I should be adjusting? I read through the manual and checked the linkage, everything seems to be within spec.
look up V911 MANUAL trim.
Abarthguy is offline Find More Posts by Abarthguy
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:24 PM
Joined Nov 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Where did you get the 200mAh batteries? Are these the new connector types?
My suggestion on stability mods; don't need any, stock v911 is too stable if anything, when you get comfortable with flying it, you want to mod it to lessen the stability and increase twitchiness as fresh challenge.
Hey there!, I got the pack of 5 - 200mah batteries from Amazon from a seller
called "Halley r us" they came from CA to NEPA super quick.

They are about 1/2"-3/4" longer than the stock batteries and seem to actually balance out the copter better than stock.

I have NOT timed the flights but it seems that the 200mah feel like forever to die vs the stock.
Abarthguy is offline Find More Posts by Abarthguy
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:35 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,488 Posts
Keep in mind if you fly too long the motor may get really hot and die earlier. Depends on conditions though, being so cold outside I have been contemplating running one of these 300 mAh nano-tech's in the V911. Would probably fly at least 10 minutes, maybe 15 minutes, lol (or maybe not due to added weight). My Genius CP and little quads will go 8 minutes on those.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:52 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post

regards . . . g
Yes please. It's not that I don't believe you, I just don't have the skills yet to attempt it in an enclosed space ...
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings