HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:41 PM
United States, AR, Fort Smith
Joined Jun 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
I recall seeing that in one of my 9958's, but not on any v911's. I think the oscillations are due to hysteresis of the servo feedback control, perhaps the feebback gain value somehow got changed (burnt resistor?) resulting in the servos being way under damped. Just my theory.

What to do about it? Replace the rx (or just the servo if you got the skills, search this thread, it's been done), or do what I'd do, get a bnf and put this one in the parts bin.
My soldering skills are nowhere near where they need to be to replace a servo on this thing. It's about time to retire this one and get a new bnf anyway. It's been slammed in to the asphalt ~30 times and bounced off of every piece of furniture and wall in my apartment. Only breakage in 3 months was a flybar about a week ago. Tough little heli!
xdbrix is offline Find More Posts by xdbrix
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:21 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley View Post
laliux, Costa Rica? Why that is still North America, Right. I'm in Arkansas and I don't have a hobby shop within a couple hundred miles. But, we all have a hobby shop with the internet. Get the V911 and don't worry about the spares or mods, you will love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
My fleet is now down by two.

I had Orange/Black Corter, R/W, B/W and Yellow.

The RW developed a short and I tried to resurect it with a new RX board.
I reversed two wires by mistake and smoked the new $12.99 board.
Now the RW (and two RX) are in the parts bin.

It's almost always windy here, so I fly pretty much exclusively indoors.
Yesterday, the wind seemed mild.
I took my B/W with new Bravo SX motor out for a spin.
A gust took it up and over the house.
I cut power when I thought it was out to the street, but must have been a moment too soon.

It landed on the roof.
Two hours of trying to get it with a rope proved fruitless.

Maybe it will blow down before the thing rusts itself out.

They each have (had) their own personality.
The Red/White was my favorite. I just liked the way it flew.
The B/W was my beater. The only one I flew outside. It took a lot of concrete damage with stride. I had put a Bravo SX into it in hopes of cruising around the house with a camera...

I still have the O/B, the Yellow, and a new R/W on the way.
One of mine sat in a tree for two months before it fell out,and it still flew fine.
It went through two rain showers also.
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:30 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev7274 View Post
Ok.Gotcha. May not be something I need to do then. Now if it added more flight time,then that would be another thing. Think I'll just get the swashplate from banggood and maybe some other parts and call it a day.

I still need to either get more familiar with the v911 or do some tweaking. I basically have to go full throttle to get it up in the air and when it does,I can't get a consistent hover. Heck,at the moment I do see how people can fly these in the house,I would be breaking everything.
I had that issue with batteries that were unable to take a full charge.Also check for binding in linkage,and the flybar should be lose but not to lose.
Jasen40 is online now Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:53 PM
United States, UT, Draper
Joined Sep 2012
14 Posts
I just received my two V911's from BG after a month and a half. They sent me the old version with the new version charger:/ Good thing my AC680 showed up and saved the day. I can't believe how quick and responsive. I have to set a throttle curve on my DH 9116 tx to keep it off the ceiling. They both got the CF gear. I haven't decided which on will get the fly bar mod.
NeilGerrard is offline Find More Posts by NeilGerrard
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:09 PM
Joined Sep 2007
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdbrix View Post
Yesterday when I went out to fly, my servos started freaking out and took a few seconds to find the center after any input from the right stick. Any ideas on what the problem is or possible fixes? Thanks in advance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGFi...e_gdata_player
I'd check the antenna on both the RX and TX.

The RX is about 2.75" of wire protruding either forward or bacwards from the lower (right I think) corner of the RX board (viewed from the front).
Have you examined the pad it solders to with a magnifier to make sure it's not shorted to another pad?
Add a dab of hot melt glue to the base to reduce the flex will otherwise eventually fatigue the wire to breakage.
Point the antenna backwards - perpendicular to the board, not along it.

This post has some pictures and instructions how to check the TX antenna.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=8742
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Last edited by RicksterRC; Nov 27, 2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:47 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Hello, I'm new.
I have a question eventually. First some background.

Thanks to the information provided here by you fine people, I decided to express my mid-life crisis fairly cheaply (at first, though I've been drooling over a Blade Nano CP) using a Corter. I've been happily smacking it into walls and floors for a few days and yesterday it went for a dip in a rain-filled dustbin. It appears undamaged despite my efforts. A yellow sparesmobile is in the post along with a CF mainshaft + swash.

I've lubed the bits that need lubing, and I've done manual trim (servo connector adjustment), but the result of this puzzles me. In order to get the closest to a throttle-only hover without applying any Tx trim, the swashplate inclines backwards relative to the main shaft by about 20-25 degrees, while I would expect it to be flatter. None of the linkages appear to be out of shape. The left-right trim is fairly flat.

Is this something I should be worried about? I seem to have enough throw to move it backwards pretty fast. Is there an easy correction I should apply?
Thwock is offline Find More Posts by Thwock
Last edited by Thwock; Nov 28, 2012 at 05:49 AM. Reason: illiteracy
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:57 AM
Philippines, Calabarzon, San Pedro
Joined Jul 2012
3,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwock View Post
Hello, I'm new.
I have a question eventually. First some background.

Thanks to the information provided here by you fine people, I decided to express my mid-life crisis fairly cheaply (at first, though I've been drooling over a Blade Nano CP) using a Corter. I've been happily smacking it into walls and floors for a few days and yesterday it went for a dip in a rain-filled dustbin. It appears undamaged despite my efforts. A yellow sparesmobile is in the post along with a CF mainshaft + swash.

I've lubed the bits that need lubing, and I've done manual trim (servo connector adjustment), but the result of this puzzles me. In order to get the closest to a throttle-only hover without applying any Tx trim, the swashplate inclines backwards relative to the main shaft by about 20-25 degrees, while I would expect it to be flatter. None of the linkages appear to be out of shape. The left-right trim is fairly flat.

Is this something I should be worried about? I seem to have enough throw to move it backwards pretty fast. Is there an easy correction I should apply?

Check the swash plate, the two pieces tend to separate after a hard crash. If it's not in properly, just snap it back in. It's apparently only held in place by friction.
Hajile is online now Find More Posts by Hajile
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:06 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajile View Post
Check the swash plate, the two pieces tend to separate after a hard crash. If it's not in properly, just snap it back in. It's apparently only held in place by friction.
Thanks Hajile, swashplate looks solid to me but I've tried to apply some pressure to snap it together. Doesn't seem to make a difference, but maybe I'm being too timid.
I'll try to see if it looks like pictures of an intact swashplate.

The only other thing that occurs is perhaps the tail rotor is pointing down slightly, accounting for the forward pitching when the swashplate is flat.
Thwock is offline Find More Posts by Thwock
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:14 AM
Joined Apr 2012
139 Posts
Has anyone replaced the tail fin on their v911?
Mine is taped in place and I am stripping my crashed v911 for parts.
Can you get the tail fin off with out destroying it? What about replacing the tail rotor mount?
It looks like its glued in place.
PhilMcCracken is offline Find More Posts by PhilMcCracken
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:43 AM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwock View Post

My personal opinion is that's "normal" for a stock setup. However, if you want to make it perform better (especially outside) then move/rotate the elevator servo arm down one notch (clockwise) on the servo then redo the mechanical trim. If you have poor left aileron performance then you can also rotate the aileron servo arm down one notch (counterclockwise) but I don't think this is needed as often.

Once I did that my swash is more level and FFF is much better.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:23 AM
Joined Sep 2011
478 Posts
Anyone know if BRAVO SX 320A motor will fit the V911?
Here is the link:
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=8271
RoboSerg is offline Find More Posts by RoboSerg
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:33 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboSerg View Post
Anyone know if BRAVO SX 320A motor will fit the V911?
Here is the link:
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=8271
Yes, will fit! My personal experience: little less power but more silent.
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:35 AM
Joined Sep 2011
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
Yes, will fit! My personal experience: little less power but more silent.
Wait wait wait, less power? The guy in this video says:
Power and speed are increased a decent amount. Flight time can be reduced if you use that extra power, but I wouldn't say more than a minute or so reduction in flight time.
RoboSerg is offline Find More Posts by RoboSerg
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:43 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboSerg View Post
Wait wait wait, less power? The guy in this video says:
Power and speed are increased a decent amount. Flight time can be reduced if you use that extra power, but I wouldn't say more than a minute or so reduction in flight time.
There's a reason why the phrase YMMV is so commonly used.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:43 AM
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,270 Posts
Yes my question would be about this too...so hopefully I will be a new member of the VIP club of the V911 owners... Is there anything what I need to replace on the stock heli? (like motor, head..etc...)

?

Many thanks,
Bulesz

EDIT: mkaaay, Im reading the first post now...
bulesz is offline Find More Posts by bulesz