HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:11 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev7274 View Post
here's what I'm looking at
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=20367

I've seen cnc versions, but not sure about the quality of them
Have you already seen this ?
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-V9...t-p-49035.html
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:32 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
erdnuckel2's Avatar
Joined Mar 2009
9,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev7274 View Post
here's what I'm looking at
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=20367

I've seen cnc versions, but not sure about the quality of them
quite a while ago I bought one of the cheap cnc kits ... and ended up using ONLY the TOP part of the swash (as the cheap cnc swashes are comparably heavy, it still seems like a good idea to me to use only the part of the swash that you (in this case me) really need ...

It is not too complicated to take a cheap cnc swash apart (well, at least it WAS not by the time I did it ... ...) and the reslult made me pretty happy.

but as soooo many times before - thatīs just my two cents and different people may have a VERY different opinion concerning this topic ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:36 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, Morganton
Joined Nov 2012
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
didn't see that, thanks. Does it have the bearing in the top? Looks like the one on the v911 now.
Kev7274 is offline Find More Posts by Kev7274
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:44 PM
Sir Crashalot
stonecutter's Avatar
Joined Oct 2011
2,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev7274 View Post
didn't see that, thanks. Does it have the bearing in the top? Looks like the one on the v911 now.
If you look down the page of that link to a couple of customer photos, you see there is a bearing in the middle of the swash, that's the 'fisheye' that most believe is what provides the improvement over stock.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:39 PM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
fauconnier's Avatar
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
That was my first 4CH coaxial. Terrible flyer!
But it has a cute canopy you can fit to a 911...
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:10 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, Morganton
Joined Nov 2012
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
If you look down the page of that link to a couple of customer photos, you see there is a bearing in the middle of the swash, that's the 'fisheye' that most believe is what provides the improvement over stock.
I see it now, thanks .Wasn't aware that it had the carbon shaft also . Think I may pick up another v911, can I use it with the one i have now? Basically use one TX on two v911,not at the same time though.
Kev7274 is offline Find More Posts by Kev7274
Last edited by Kev7274; Nov 27, 2012 at 06:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:01 PM
Registered User
United States, AR, Fort Smith
Joined Jun 2011
19 Posts
Yesterday when I went out to fly, my servos started freaking out and took a few seconds to find the center after any input from the right stick. Any ideas on what the problem is or possible fixes? Thanks in advance!

V911 rc helicopter servo problem (0 min 11 sec)
xdbrix is offline Find More Posts by xdbrix
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:16 PM
Flying mostly pop-wings now.
ashtodust2000's Avatar
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Dec 2011
279 Posts
My buddies does that if he uses 120mah instead of 150mah batteries.
ashtodust2000 is offline Find More Posts by ashtodust2000
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:33 PM
Registered User
United States, AR, Fort Smith
Joined Jun 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtodust2000 View Post
My buddies does that if he uses 120mah instead of 150mah batteries.
I have 3 120mAh batteries and it does it no matter which one I use. All charged from 4.17 to 4.20v
xdbrix is offline Find More Posts by xdbrix
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:08 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev7274 View Post
I see it now, thanks .Wasn't aware that it had the carbon shaft also . Think I may pick up another v911, can I use it with the one i have now? Basically use one TX on two v911,not at the same time though.
oh yes try them at the same time. set them up about 15 feet apart.
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:24 PM
Sir Crashalot
stonecutter's Avatar
Joined Oct 2011
2,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdbrix View Post
Yesterday when I went out to fly, my servos started freaking out and took a few seconds to find the center after any input from the right stick. Any ideas on what the problem is or possible fixes? Thanks in advance!

...
I recall seeing that in one of my 9958's, but not on any v911's. I think the oscillations are due to hysteresis of the servo feedback control, perhaps the feebback gain value somehow got changed (burnt resistor?) resulting in the servos being way under damped. Just my theory.

What to do about it? Replace the rx (or just the servo if you got the skills, search this thread, it's been done), or do what I'd do, get a bnf and put this one in the parts bin.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:26 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, Morganton
Joined Nov 2012
46 Posts
One more thing guys,
I was wondering as to whether or not to do the battery mod. Do the 160mah batteries give that much more of flight time?
I also can't seem to find the ultra micro connectors.Anybody got a link?
Kev7274 is offline Find More Posts by Kev7274
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:26 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, Morganton
Joined Nov 2012
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
oh yes try them at the same time. set them up about 15 feet apart.
Now that would be fun.
Kev7274 is offline Find More Posts by Kev7274
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:30 PM
Sir Crashalot
stonecutter's Avatar
Joined Oct 2011
2,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev7274 View Post
One more thing guys,
I was wondering as to whether or not to do the battery mod. Do the 160mah batteries give that much more of flight time?
I also can't seem to find the ultra micro connectors.Anybody got a link?
Most people who do the battery mod do it not so much for more flight time as for more options to use widely available battery types. Eflite style batteries are plentiful and fairly cheap, many people have them already from flying other heli and whatnot. Connectotrs are available from ebay, or if you don't mind waiting, from Hobbyking.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:40 PM
Registered User
United States, NC, Morganton
Joined Nov 2012
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Most people who do the battery mod do it not so much for more flight time as for more options to use widely available battery types. Eflite style batteries are plentiful and fairly cheap, many people have them already from flying other heli and whatnot. Connectotrs are available from ebay, or if you don't mind waiting, from Hobbyking.
Ok.Gotcha. May not be something I need to do then. Now if it added more flight time,then that would be another thing. Think I'll just get the swashplate from banggood and maybe some other parts and call it a day.

I still need to either get more familiar with the v911 or do some tweaking. I basically have to go full throttle to get it up in the air and when it does,I can't get a consistent hover. Heck,at the moment I do see how people can fly these in the house,I would be breaking everything.
Kev7274 is offline Find More Posts by Kev7274
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Jiuchon 9C002, a Solo Pro clone? SoloProFan Micro Helis 103 Feb 29, 2012 02:24 PM
Discussion Interesting Solo Pro? Clone gordonzo Micro Helis 46 Nov 30, 2011 03:15 AM
Question Which 100 sized heli after Solo Pro? Tuc Micro Helis 16 Jun 13, 2011 01:52 PM
Sold $100 !NEW ARF Storm 250 (Trex Clone) With Align Upgrades, Tons of Extras! $100!! RChelisrule Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 May 31, 2011 12:26 AM