HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:28 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Yup. I had originally ordered 5x old plug batteries not realising that my new heli had the new plug. Couldn't find the new ones in a 5-pack, so had to ask Cinbe where to find them. If you want I can send you the link later, but the server seems to be down at the moment.
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-5-...t-p-52374.html

looks like they're a popular item at the moment, cos there's a back order time of 2 weeks
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:03 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Spring mod?? LOL

That was my first 4CH coaxial. Terrible flyer!
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:08 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-5-...t-p-52374.html

looks like they're a popular item at the moment, cos there's a back order time of 2 weeks
Try the 150 mAh's instead, cheaper and better.
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-5-...y-p-46387.html
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Nov 26, 2012, 04:26 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Try the 150 mAh's instead, cheaper and better.
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-5-...y-p-46387.html
Already have them for my heli with the old style plug. Suppose I could just buy a bunch of the old style skids, but I think I'll just use up the batteries I have and hope that by that time they've brought out the new style 150mAh
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:19 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Hey guys, I just made the step up from my v911s and thought I'd share.
I picked up a Genius CP w/ a Devo 7. It's a bad ass little machine. Incredibly fast. I was going to get a FBL FP heli but decided to jump right into cp. The great thing about this heli is that if you leave it in Flight Mode "normal" w/ the 6 axis gyro "on" it's basically a FP heli . I don't know if it's as tough as the 911 but I crashed it a few times tonight and it still good.
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:21 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Pics
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:57 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
Hey guys, I just made the step up from my v911s and thought I'd share.
I picked up a Genius CP w/ a Devo 7. It's a bad ass little machine. Incredibly fast. I was going to get a FBL FP heli but decided to jump right into cp. The great thing about this heli is that if you leave it in Flight Mode "normal" w/ the 6 axis gyro "on" it's basically a FP heli . I don't know if it's as tough as the 911 but I crashed it a few times tonight and it still good.
Congrats on that!
I did the "in-between-step" trying out the mSRX and the supermini FP but the little bit I did try to fly these, I would claim they are almost more problematic to deal with than the mCPX I got after those - or even more so the NanoCP (which is literally the same size as the 911 and ALMOST as crash resistant to my perception... .)
If the Genius is anything like the Supermini (both walkera) and you are NOT crashing it the way I did my supermini, I am pretty confident it will hold up very well (I did about 50 flights with easily 3-4 times that many crashes - and some of them full frontal into walls - before my supermini would suddenly not react anymore despite the LED being on ... so I guess I @#$%^$# up the board (and for what that costs to replace I might as well buy a new bnf - which I wont because I started focusing totally on nano and mCPX .... .)

Anyway, enjoy flying your Genius (I bet you it will get waaaaay more airtime now than the 911 ... no matter how good this little clone is (thats just the way it goes ...)
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:31 AM
United States, NC, Morganton
Joined Nov 2012
46 Posts
Whats the part number for the main gear and swashplate upgrades?
Kev7274 is offline Find More Posts by Kev7274
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:50 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev7274 View Post
Whats the part number for the main gear and swashplate upgrades?
There are no v911 main gear upgrade as far as I know, people have swap the stock swash (if you have the wl toys version) with the 'fisheye' swash (search in banggood website) and some reported improvement, some not. The yellow and white bnf's already have the fisheye swash.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:12 PM
Joined Nov 2012
46 Posts
I thought the Delrim main gear would work from
the solo and the swash plate from the solo also? I ask because
It looks like there are different part numbers, I may be wrong.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:21 PM
Joined Sep 2012
259 Posts
Quote:
I thought the Delrim main gear would work from
the solo and the swash plate from the solo also? I ask because
It looks like there are different part numbers, I may be wrong.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110952984603...84.m1497.l2649

This is a set of 2 black delrin main gears that I an confirm work with the v911 with no mods necessary. Stock main shaft. Good deal too.
elkabong80 is offline Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:30 PM
Joined Nov 2012
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkabong80 View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110952984603...84.m1497.l2649

This is a set of 2 black delrin main gears that I an confirm work with the v911 with no mods necessary. Stock main shaft. Good deal too.
That's the one I was looking at. Thanks for the verification. Now just need to find out about the swash plate. Was thinking about picking up another v911, but wasn't sure if it would work with the other v911 controller.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 01:42 PM
Joined Sep 2012
259 Posts
Quote:
That's the one I was looking at. Thanks for the verification. Now just need to find out about the swash plate. Was thinking about picking up another v911, but wasn't sure if it would work with the other v911 controller.
No problem! I got a fisheye swash from the same seller (no longer has them). For my v911, it was a fail. Made it vibrate more. That doesn't seem to be the normal experience, however.
elkabong80 is offline Find More Posts by elkabong80
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:56 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Congrats on that!
I did the "in-between-step" trying out the mSRX and the supermini FP but the little bit I did try to fly these, I would claim they are almost more problematic to deal with than the mCPX I got after those - or even more so the NanoCP (which is literally the same size as the 911 and ALMOST as crash resistant to my perception... .)
If the Genius is anything like the Supermini (both walkera) and you are NOT crashing it the way I did my supermini, I am pretty confident it will hold up very well (I did about 50 flights with easily 3-4 times that many crashes - and some of them full frontal into walls - before my supermini would suddenly not react anymore despite the LED being on ... so I guess I @#$%^$# up the board (and for what that costs to replace I might as well buy a new bnf - which I wont because I started focusing totally on nano and mCPX .... .)

Anyway, enjoy flying your Genius (I bet you it will get waaaaay more airtime now than the 911 ... no matter how good this little clone is (thats just the way it goes ...)
Yeah, I was originally looking at the Super FP, but the Genius was only slightly more $$$. I did manage to break the skids on a hard landing last night but it doesn't effect flight at all. So far I crashed it about 10 times indoors in 4 flights. When I took it outside I tried to open it up a little but it got away from me so quickly that I just hit Throttle Hold and let it drop in the next yard. She's super quick.
Unfortunately I seem to have a defective tx. The "DN" function button doesn't work. Seller is giving me the run around and saying I don't know how to program it. So it looks like I have to send the tx back to Cali and wait for a replacement. 2 weeks at least. Major pain in the ass.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:00 PM
Joined Nov 2012
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkabong80 View Post
No problem! I got a fisheye swash from the same seller (no longer has them). For my v911, it was a fail. Made it vibrate more. That doesn't seem to be the normal experience, however.
here's what I'm looking at
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=20367

I've seen cnc versions, but not sure about the quality of them