HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:28 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Jake8131's Avatar
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
What should be used to lubricate the bearings, grease or oil? I have lithium grease (but its not white), rem oil with teflon, and breakfree CLP. Which would be best? And is there any difference between white and non-white lithium grease?
I use light sewing machine oil on the bearings..very little....no lube needed anywhere else.
Jake8131 is offline Find More Posts by Jake8131
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:23 AM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Kangaroo Point
Joined Mar 2012
90 Posts
Guys, don't know if this has been posted but anyone familiar with this
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-4G-4CH-...item25776c0a20

It says its a 911 but its a red helios to me, wonder if it binds with 9x
ruskky is offline Find More Posts by ruskky
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:20 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskky View Post
Guys, don't know if this has been posted but anyone familiar with this
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-4G-4CH-...item25776c0a20

It says its a 911 but its a red helios to me, wonder if it binds with 9x
As no Helios helicopter is to be known binding to 9x, I think this won't bind to.
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:41 AM
Get to the choppa!
RFDelie's Avatar
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
What should be used to lubricate the bearings, grease or oil? I have lithium grease (but its not white), rem oil with teflon, and breakfree CLP. Which would be best? And is there any difference between white and non-white lithium grease?
I just use a drop of micro bearing oil from my local hobby shop. It has the perfect viscosity to get down into the small bearings but not come flying out when it spins. You only need one drop.

http://niftech.com/catalog.php?mode=1000

Micro Bearing Oil is about 2/3rd's the way down the page.
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:04 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
Makdaddy's Avatar
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskky View Post
Guys, don't know if this has been posted but anyone familiar with this
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-4G-4CH-...item25776c0a20

It says its a 911 but its a red helios to me, wonder if it binds with 9x
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
As no Helios helicopter is to be known binding to 9x, I think this won't bind to.
It looks like the same one listed at T-mart but it looks exactly like a Benma Helios 100.
I very highly doubt it would bind with a 9x
Makdaddy is online now Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:45 AM
Scotsman in Germany
tiggertoo1962's Avatar
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,666 Posts
sourcing parts for mods

Hi guys

anybody know where (if anywhere) I can buy plastic fisheye swashplates without the CF main shaft? Since opinion seems to be divided about the CF shaft, I'd rather just get the swashplates if poss. So far I've only found them in sets, but I've probably been looking in the wrong places.

Also going to buy MSR paddles from miracle mart to do the flybar mod. Rather than just paying postage for 2 sets of paddles I was wondering if there's any other parts worth getting at the same time from there. Already have 4 flybars and a bunch of old and new style batteries on the way from BG, so don't need any of them, but any other sensible suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers
Tigg
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:28 AM
Registered User
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Hi guys

anybody know where (if anywhere) I can buy plastic fisheye swashplates without the CF main shaft? Since opinion seems to be divided about the CF shaft, I'd rather just get the swashplates if poss. So far I've only found them in sets, but I've probably been looking in the wrong places.

Also going to buy MSR paddles from miracle mart to do the flybar mod. Rather than just paying postage for 2 sets of paddles I was wondering if there's any other parts worth getting at the same time from there. Already have 4 flybars and a bunch of old and new style batteries on the way from BG, so don't need any of them, but any other sensible suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers
Tigg
I found mine on EBay but I only see one seller now with some crazy shipping. As for spare parts I still say order another complete helicopter.
Petrie is online now Find More Posts by Petrie
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:31 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Heli Pad's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
6,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskky View Post
Guys, don't know if this has been posted but anyone familiar with this
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-4G-4CH-...item25776c0a20

It says its a 911 but its a red helios to me, wonder if it binds with 9x
Man, that takes a lot of guts to buy a BNF helicopter with no idea what it binds to...
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:49 AM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
802 Posts
LEDs on the stock Tx and which BNF?

Hi,

1. Do the 5 LEDs have any function, like maybe battery level indication, or are they just for decoration?

2. Also which is the BNF version to get, and from what source, since I'm told the yellow one needs to be rebound each time?

Thanks,
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:57 AM
Master Of My Universe
scotsoft's Avatar
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
Hi,

1. Do the 5 LEDs have any function, like maybe battery level indication, or are they just for decoration?

2. Also which is the BNF version to get, and from what source, since I'm told the yellow one needs to be rebound each time?

Thanks,
The 5 LEDs have no function apart to tell you the Tx is switched on
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:06 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
FyreSG's Avatar
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,945 Posts
I disabled the V-shaped LEDs and speakers on the transmitter. That was the best mod I've done for the transmitter.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:13 AM
Scotsman in Germany
tiggertoo1962's Avatar
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley View Post
I found mine on EBay but I only see one seller now with some crazy shipping. As for spare parts I still say order another complete helicopter.
Thanks Santley, but I have heli #5 on the way and don't need spares What I'm wondering is if miracle mart carry any other parts for doing worthwhile mods... worthwhile in a flying sense I mean, not bling like cnc swashplates and stuff
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:35 PM
Sir Crashalot
stonecutter's Avatar
Joined Oct 2011
2,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
Hi,

1. Do the 5 LEDs have any function, like maybe battery level indication, or are they just for decoration?

2. Also which is the BNF version to get, and from what source, since I'm told the yellow one needs to be rebound each time?

Thanks,
The yellow and unpainted white gets my vote. More precise servo response than wl toys versions and beefier skids are the main advantages. Rebind is not an issue for people who uses stock tx.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:47 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley View Post
laliux, were is your hanger? ....(where are you from?)
I'm from Costa Rica, I've never flown a remote control helicopter and want to be sure, especially because here in my country may seem incredible, we have no one special hobby shop.
laliux is offline Find More Posts by laliux
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 06:45 PM
Registered User
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by laliux View Post
I'm from Costa Rica, I've never flown a remote control helicopter and want to be sure, especially because here in my country may seem incredible, we have no one special hobby shop.
laliux, Costa Rica? Why that is still North America, Right. I'm in Arkansas and I don't have a hobby shop within a couple hundred miles. But, we all have a hobby shop with the internet. Get the V911 and don't worry about the spares or mods, you will love it.
Petrie is online now Find More Posts by Petrie
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Jiuchon 9C002, a Solo Pro clone? SoloProFan Micro Helis 103 Feb 29, 2012 02:24 PM
Discussion Interesting Solo Pro? Clone gordonzo Micro Helis 46 Nov 30, 2011 03:15 AM
Question Which 100 sized heli after Solo Pro? Tuc Micro Helis 16 Jun 13, 2011 01:52 PM
Sold $100 !NEW ARF Storm 250 (Trex Clone) With Align Upgrades, Tons of Extras! $100!! RChelisrule Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 May 31, 2011 12:26 AM