Old Jan 16, 2012, 04:05 AM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
Originally Posted by Thx1326
Can anyone verify / confirm for certain if either of these two batteries will fit in the v911 copter and battery charger?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=19419

and

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=18792
Clicking either link results in the message:

"Page no longer available. It seems you have landed on a page that doesn't exist anymore."
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2012, 04:42 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
My patience with Banggood is wearing thin

I've now had to send this eMail as my patience is wearing forever thinner with this fg company..

Abby,

It's now been 5 days since I received a "faulty" wltoys v911 helicopter, and we don't appear to be progressing with a resolution.

Recent eMails have proved fruitless, including PM's to Mr Aaron Qin at RC Groups message boards.

In order to prevent me initiating a section 75 Visa chargeback or PayPal dispute, I would request that you communicate in a timely manner.

Which would you prefer to do?;
You can either refund the cost of a V911 receiver board, or immediately ship-
WL V911 PCB box Helicopter part
Item No.: SKU026062 (Wltoys-v911-16).

I didn't wish to be so abrupt, but you can probably appreciate that as it stands, i'm stuck with something that hasn't worked from the get-go. My patience has also worn a little thin as i'm beginning to think that i've spent a fraction of my hard earned cash and time on this.

I hope to hear from you ASAP.

Regards,

Damian

I don't recall ever having to deal with a company with customer service as poor as this in my 36 years of existence, really.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Last edited by Username>; Jan 16, 2012 at 05:59 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 16, 2012, 06:01 AM
Joined Jan 2011
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
I am going to compliment the person doing the recording instead. Well done anticipating and following your helicopter without too much camera shake or unnecessary operator induced motion.
thx friend
imagine 50 is offline Find More Posts by imagine 50
Old Jan 16, 2012, 06:03 AM
Joined Jan 2011
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Is this a fully stock heli?

Originally Posted by imagine 50
one fly today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VJk63nnaPY
yes stock heli
imagine 50 is offline Find More Posts by imagine 50
Old Jan 16, 2012, 06:21 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
Thanks Daryoon,

Been trying to get some information on this topic for a few days now.
If I understand you right, a swashplate for Gen1 or Gen2 Solo Pro (Solo Pro V1, V2, I and II) should be able to be used on the V911.

I've seen parts advertised various places for Solo Pro. I guess if they don't specify which Solo Pro, I can maybe assume its a part that is compatible Gen1 or Gen2.
My thanks too Daryoon, for the concise break-down and Solopro for the work.

Cpuken: I beleive NE SoloPro 260A is the parts you should be looking at.
The swash looks like a great upgrade, inexpensive, higher quality, fast and easy swap-out.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Jan 16, 2012, 06:39 AM
Fingers of Fish will do
Kuwait, Al Asimah, Kuwait City
Joined Oct 2011
46 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666 View Post
I've now had to send this eMail as my patience is wearing forever thinner with this fg company..

Abby,

It's now been 5 days since I received a "faulty" wltoys v911 helicopter, and we don't appear to be progressing with a resolution.

Recent eMails have proved fruitless, including PM's to Mr Aaron Qin at RC Groups message boards.

In order to prevent me initiating a section 75 Visa chargeback or PayPal dispute, I would request that you communicate in a timely manner.

Which would you prefer to do?;
You can either refund the cost of a V911 receiver board, or immediately ship-
WL V911 PCB box Helicopter part
Item No.: SKU026062 (Wltoys-v911-16).

I didn't wish to be so abrupt, but you can probably appreciate that as it stands, i'm stuck with something that hasn't worked from the get-go. My patience has also worn a little thin as i'm beginning to think that i've spent a fraction of my hard earned cash and time on this.

I hope to hear from you ASAP.

Regards,

Damian

I don't recall ever having to deal with a company with customer service as poor as this in my 36 years of existence, really.
shame on them. this banggood place looks like some sort of dollar shop that sells all sorts of junk. there is bad news about this place all over the net if you look. hope they do the decent thing.
FishFingerDigits is offline Find More Posts by FishFingerDigits
Old Jan 16, 2012, 06:42 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjangs View Post
Does anyone have recommendations on finding the source of and eliminating vibration? I can actually see the battery as a blur in flight due to excessive vibration. So far I've just tried replacing all the parts from main gear up through flybar and turning them around 180* where possible as with the flybar.
I posted before:
Excess vibration can occur from a "hairline-cracked" Flybar or Main-blade. Blade can crack near narrowing to screw area, if either are cracked... they must be replaced or vibrations will continue and get worse.

The Rotor Head, the part where the Flybar and Main-Blades attach to, are sometimes a little Bent... this will introduce Vibrations too.
Hold heli, spin the Blades against a Light background... and see if your Rotor Wobbles.... if so, remove Flybar and Blades to straighten Rotor easier.

If it still vibrates, well... 1/2 the time I re-assemble the heli.... something is off... upon re-assembly... it's A-OK!
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Jan 16, 2012, 06:54 AM
FPV Pilot
Germany, NRW, K
Joined Jun 2010
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
jameschen072

Ok, so you have a nice stable. Can you comment on compatibility of batteries and chargers?

Will any Turnigy (V1, V2, TREX) fit into the V911 and it's charger unmodified?
If I bought the battery connector, could any of the Turnigy be reworked?
I'm really eager to get something with a bit more punch that the stock battery.

Any suggestions, anyone...

Originally Posted by Thx1326
Can anyone verify / confirm for certain if either of these two batteries will fit in the v911 copter and battery charger?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=19419

and

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=18792
this is the 1million dollar question for all of us. No one could ever confirm anything yet, i believe. HK linked one customer to lipos that are supposed to be compatible, but if you look at the images, they seem to be missing the side rail that the v911 batterie have. I went ahead and ordered some samples from HK and also some battery connectors for the v911. it is unfortunate that the v911 battery connector does not come with the actual metal connectors, its just the plastic housing, otherwise you could rework most of the lipos to fit. HK is taking their time to ship my batteries though, stuck "in print queue" for several days
Mulder_ is offline Find More Posts by Mulder_
Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:37 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,674 Posts
Hi all has anyone tried fitting a nine eagles solo pro cockpit on the v911?? does it fit without any mods? cheers Mark
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:04 PM
Joined Sep 2011
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazer51 View Post
Thanks for the recommendation, jjacks.

I'll try to get my order cancelled by Banggood. If they credit my PayPal account, I'll order from the link you provided.
Mine had been shipped same day. Second good news - I've received a refund from banggood
jjacks is online now Find More Posts by jjacks
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:12 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Any orders coming from China... heads up

Thought I'd post this a few places just to give everyone a heads up.
I think most of us had heard about the Chinese New Year possibly delaying any orders coming out of China. Maybe like me you were thinking a couple days delay but that's not the case... when they celebrate, they celebrate
Here's the actual deal:

From Jan 19th,to Jan,28 is Chinese New Year. It takes about ten days.
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Jan 16, 2012, 12:23 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,573 Posts
Chinese New Year is a week long celebration. It gives people time to visit with friends and family living all over the places. The Chinese works hard through the rest of the year. During the New Year, they close shop and celebrate.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 16, 2012, 01:28 PM
Beginner Pilot
United States, CA, Wheatland
Joined Dec 2011
205 Posts
Wow, I am glad I ordered before! Mine is now central processing near me, hopefully to arrive at my door either tomorrow or Wednesday. Just in time for rain and I won't be able to fly the 120 sr which needs a couple of minor repairs now...
kenfrisbee is offline Find More Posts by kenfrisbee
Old Jan 16, 2012, 01:37 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
V911 and Ball Link Pliers

For Heli of this size, are ball link pliers of any real value??

If so , what would you recommend. I see that they come in a variety of sizes and prices.
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Jan 16, 2012, 01:55 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
For Heli of this size, are ball link pliers of any real value??

If so , what would you recommend. I see that they come in a variety of sizes and prices.

I made my own ball link pliers from a cheap pair of tweezers using my Dremel, they only took about 10 minutes to do
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft