SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:23 AM
Joined Oct 2012
802 Posts
Service life of v911?

Excluding crash damage, how long will my v911 last, given I fly about 5 or 6 batteries daily? Do the main and tail motors last long?

Thanks,

Javid.
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:31 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
Excluding crash damage, how long will my v911 last, given I fly about 5 or 6 batteries daily? Do the main and tail motors last long?

Thanks,

Javid.
Do you let the v911 cool down the v911 between the batteries for 5-10 min ?

Tbt. a new BNF isn't that expensive ... about $20
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:04 AM
Joined Oct 2012
802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
Do you let the v911 cool down the v911 between the batteries for 5-10 min ?

Tbt. a new BNF isn't that expensive ... about $20
I fly two batteries in succession, then allow it to cool off. Is the service life like months or weeks? Want to have some idea.
Lentar is offline Find More Posts by Lentar
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:22 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno956 View Post
Hi all,
Anyone know how to remove the tail boom from the V911?
Have 2 of these helicopters, neither have flown, both need new tail motors. Appears as though the boom is glued, need to remove it to get the wires through.
Hi Bruno

if you only need to replace the tail motor, don't even THINK of removing the tail boom... you'll only give yourself more work and grief than you need. Have a look at the video on post# 13989 (p 933). It's a Walkera, but exactly the same procedure. I'm a noob to helis AND to soldering, but even I managed to do this

Greetz
Tigg
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:44 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
I fly two batteries in succession, then allow it to cool off. Is the service life like months or weeks? Want to have some idea.
It's "chinaware", nobody can really predict how long the motors last.
Normally service life should be in months. From my own experiences, the tail motor will be the first to fail, but isn't really expensive $2-$3.

The most of us have several v911 to fly in serial . So each will hopefully live longer.
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:13 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,249 Posts
Quote:
Just to give you another data point, I never had a motor (main or tail) failed on me due to wear and tear. Usually the part that breaks first for me is the rx, due to frequent crashes; sometimes it's repairable (crystal), but more often than not it's the gyro and that's not repairable. The occasional motor breakages I get are due to my own clumsiness and/or stupidity.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:39 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
The most of us have several v911 to fly in serial . So each will hopefully live longer.

Hey mystman, order for #5 (white) placed today. I'll have to take a break soon...

Been messing around with my DH 9116 TX the past couple of days and just can't seem to get a throttle setting I like. The fact that the "tail-wag" problem is sorted is great, but I find that I have to anticipate throttle moves so I don't hit the ceiling or the floor, whereas on the Ori-TX the throttle reacted much quicker.

Since you, more than anyone, seem to be absolutely "begeistert" (forgot the English word at the moment) with your 9116 TX I thought I'd ask if you can list your settings so I can give them a try.

Maybe it's just a case of my thumbs getting used to a new TX, as this is the first time I've changed, apart from the move up from 3- to 4-channel.

Cheers
Tigg
tiggertoo1962 is offline Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:45 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin View Post
A CPORTER!
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:51 PM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
Quote:
Honestly, it is hit or miss. My v911 has lasted me through many months and many crashes and it keeps going strong. But I have seen people on here only get a few flights out of them. I ordered extra motors after reading this thread a while back and they are still sitting here waiting to be installed.
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:16 PM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Sep 2012
17 Posts
Quote:

Thanks,

Javid.
I've logged 200 flights (20 hours). Replaced skid and flybar just recently.
75 Bravo is offline Find More Posts by 75 Bravo
Old Nov 22, 2012, 02:55 PM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
491 Posts
I broke a few parts when I first started flying. (Skids, blades, head, canopy). As a result I ordered a bunch of spare parts so I'd be prepared. For the most part they're all still sitting there. For a while it seemed like I was breaking a blade everyday. Now I have 20 spare sets and I haven't broken one in months.
Budasac is offline Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Nov 22, 2012, 06:32 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
I will second that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budasac View Post
I broke a few parts when I first started flying. (Skids, blades, head, canopy). As a result I ordered a bunch of spare parts so I'd be prepared. For the most part they're all still sitting there. For a while it seemed like I was breaking a blade everyday. Now I have 20 spare sets and I haven't broken one in months.
I have a large pile of replacement parts, have not used any except one set of bla des I have 3 911s. I've had them for 5 months I rotate them as I fly. one man flies while the other man rests. OJ comercial.
tonytester
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:13 AM
Gone with the Mistral
France, PACA, 13
Joined Jun 2012
70 Posts
Quote:

Thanks,

Javid.
My first v911 main motor died one sunny afternoon after #4 batt...(all in a row) In my case, no pb with tail rotor so far.
I don't think buying spare parts is a good idea, the bnf is so cheap = crash the first one and you got a fistfull of spares parts !
Now I have 3 of them. One flying, one cooling, one for spare (still in the box)
Same scheme for my v929s (except the 3rd one is in his coffin)
@+
Olivier
ztoon13 is offline Find More Posts by ztoon13
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:50 AM
Joined Jun 2012
37 Posts
Time to order another BNF version and I wanted to get some more batteries at the same time. Banggood has the 5x packs of batteries but there are two listed (150mah and 145mah). Question, any difference in performance between the two?
BlacksheepVMF214 is offline Find More Posts by BlacksheepVMF214
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:55 AM
Joined Jan 2008
63 Posts
Will a Trex 100s transmitter works with this?

I got a Trex 100s in the cupboard doing nothing as I can never make it stable. I thought I might as well get this and make use of the tx
quacka is offline Find More Posts by quacka