HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2012, 06:43 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaV911 View Post
Being brand new to this hobby, it blows my mind.....that you can buy replacement parts that you can't install.....
Oh Atlanta, oh-oh-oh-Atlanta.

That's enough of the singing, welcome to the world of V911

According to some of the other guys (I'm just starting to try things out too), you can install them... it just takes a bit of patience and ingenuity

Greetz
Tigg

PS best bet is to get the yellow or white versions, they have a removable boom. Then when your original heli starts to give up the ghost you have a whole shed load of spares. Much cheaper than buying spare parts. I only got into heli flying about 4 weeks ago, and I already have my 4th heli on order
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:00 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
Oh Atlanta, oh-oh-oh-Atlanta.

That's enough of the singing, welcome to the world of V911

According to some of the other guys (I'm just starting to try things out too), you can install them... it just takes a bit of patience and ingenuity

Greetz
Tigg

PS best bet is to get the yellow or white versions, they have a removable boom. Then when your original heli starts to give up the ghost you have a whole shed load of spares. Much cheaper than buying spare parts. I only got into heli flying about 4 weeks ago, and I already have my 4th heli on order
That's only 1 order per week average, you're behind the curve junior.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:58 PM
...if you take the time
Israel, Tel Aviv
Joined Jul 2012
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
YAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Was just wondering if there's anything I can change in the menu to decrease the throttle reaction time. I was told by the TX seller that "The double rate settings are at 50% on slow - 100% on quick. The expos are at 120% - so be careful". Can anybody set me straight on what the bit about the expos means?

Cheers guys
Tigg
Actualy, there is. You can control the throttle curve with this TX.
See: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...mentid=4971241

This TX programming is very simple: menu selects the function, and SEL selects the channel. For end-points you move the stick (up/down or right/left) to switch 'ends'. You need THRO, it has 4 points which are used to build a curve, you probably need to reduce the first and second points a little (say to 15 and 40). I did, and I like it! I can post my exact settings later if you're interested.
PurpleShark is offline Find More Posts by PurpleShark
Old Nov 21, 2012, 03:16 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
That's only 1 order per week average, you're behind the curve junior.
Oh dear, that means I need to get a minimum of 60 helis within the year to catch up Wonder what the wife will say when she finds out we're moving to a bigger house

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleShark View Post
Actualy, there is. You can control the throttle curve with this TX.
See: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...mentid=4971241

This TX programming is very simple: menu selects the function, and SEL selects the channel. For end-points you move the stick (up/down or right/left) to switch 'ends'. You need THRO, it has 4 points which are used to build a curve, you probably need to reduce the first and second points a little (say to 15 and 40). I did, and I like it! I can post my exact settings later if you're interested.
Thanks for the tips, I'll play around with the settings a bit this morning and see how it goes. If you could post your settings that'd be great, would give me a comparison to how mine is set up

Greetz
Tigg
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:29 AM
China, Guangdong
Joined Oct 2011
904 Posts
Hi guys,new wltoys v922 video!
WLtoys V922 2 4G Flybarless 3D 6CH RC Helicopter (4 min 49 sec)
Aaron qin is offline Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:21 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
713 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin View Post
Same as FLB 100 from hobbyking , another rebrand of the green Friski?????
fauconnier is online now Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:14 AM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
Same as FLB 100 from hobbyking , another rebrand of the green Friski?????
where can we get the 922 and does it work with the tur 9x trans?
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:17 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
where can we get the 922 and does it work with the tur 9x trans?
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...f-p-55862.html

No infos about Flysky (9x) compability yet
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:43 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,895 Posts
Quote:
I think my tailmotor mount is also glued to the Boom.

Being brand new to this hobby, it blows my mind.....that you can buy replacement parts that you can't install.....

Thanks for your help....

Well, you can install a new tailfin but you need to be ready to unglue/cut/glue the parts to make it fit.

I've swapped tail fins out before and essentially I had to cut the top part of the tail fin from the bottom part using clippers. I was able to do this without scratching or scoring the tail boom. Then I was able to wiggle the tail fin pieces until the glue bond broke. Then, to install the new tail fin, I just cut ONE side of the tailfin so that I could slide it over the tailboom. Then I glued that one down with a drop of CA glue.

As to whether the tailfin is needed, it's a safety thing AFAIK. If you land hard or pitch the heli back on takeoff, the tail motor could hit the ground and stall. That's a great way to burn out the little motor if you don't kill throttle immediately... The tail fin helps protect against that happening.

Now, regarding the fact that this heli is partially glued together... Remember that this helicopter was designed to be dirt cheap. It's cheaper to have flat plastic surfaces that require gluing than to have to create parts that can be snapped on and off more easily. Most folks around here just buy a new heli for $20 shipped rather than mess around with spare parts it seems...
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Nov 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Lorentzen View Post
Maybe check this link - it kind of visualize things
http://www.buzzflyer.co.uk/rc-helico...ners-guide.asp

:-) but you really need to sit down calmly with a large carpet or grass area. (lawn) pick up the heli gently with throttle.. then keep holding height on the throttle.. and use your right hand getting comfortable moving the heli right-left and forward-backward only for a little while.. as you get used to keeping it in a place with the right hand. you can start playing with rotating it... by moving the left stick right or left.

To do the type flight you used to do.. give a little forward stick on the right stick. that will give you speed forward. (keep it low) and steer with the left stick. as soon as you start this you will get a feeling for exactly what these do.

Bo
Thanks Bo. This link is helpful. and your guidance is perfectly right. ill have to go to a part to practice this as at home with less space and this heli being fast, i just keep banging it or dont use it to the potential like i would in an open space. the link is helpful too. if you ever find a proper Tx manual please email me if you could- vsimmins@gmail.com thanks a ton!! Vicky.
ggnextdoor is offline Find More Posts by ggnextdoor
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:43 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...f-p-55862.html

No infos about Flysky (9x) compability yet
thanks for the help in both thread.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:45 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
I don't know about the stock firmware but in er9x I hold the exit button for a second and it resets.
thanks it works for me
tonytester
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:27 AM
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
Hi all,
Anyone know how to remove the tail boom from the V911?
Have 2 of these helicopters, neither have flown, both need new tail motors. Appears as though the boom is glued, need to remove it to get the wires through.
Bruno956 is offline Find More Posts by Bruno956
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:00 AM
Joined Aug 2012
29 Posts
Quote:
I think my tailmotor mount is also glued to the Boom.

Thanks for your help....
I was thinking the same thing when I decided to rebuild my first blue V911 which had taken a beating. I had won an auction for the complete red canopy, fins, prop, etc for $2. Seems the only way is to cut it off as someone else told you, then cut/glue the new one on. Now I also have the white V911 by the other mfg, and they put a little more thought into building this one. The tail fin comes off with ease. I like the white one much better with the 9116 controller...
mkipness is offline Find More Posts by mkipness
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:18 AM
Joined Aug 2012
29 Posts
Wow, when I saw the post and video, and then the link to the 922 at bangood, I clicked on it and was thinking I'd order it right now. But I was shocked to see $109. The exact same price as the FBL 100 from HK. I was thinking I would see $75'ish. I guess you get free shipping on the WL version, but a 6 week wait if in U.S.
mkipness is offline Find More Posts by mkipness