HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:37 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord View Post
Is this the direct drop in replacement on the v911 that everyone is talking about?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nine-Eagles-...item3cc51b4f5f
I'm not sure if everyone is talking about it, but I've seen a few posts now and then regarding this 'mod'. General consensus seems to be not worth the trouble, metal swash is too heavy and no real benefit as far as performance. Search the thread and see.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:44 AM
Joined Dec 2009
24 Posts
thx stonecutter,
ill cut this mod out of the budget.
Dark_Lord is offline Find More Posts by Dark_Lord
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:23 PM
Joined Nov 2012
13 Posts
Thanks Bo...
there are several little tabs...and they make sound when you click them..i do see bars going up and down left or right on the screen....is it only for keeping the heli stable? also there are couple sliver buttons on top of left and right..what are those for?

Vicky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Lorentzen View Post
Vicky,

The good news is that the V911 radio is about as bone standard as it comes.

The left stick is throttle - and YAW which is rotating the heli.
The right stick is pitch and roll.
pitch is moving forward - backward
Roll (right-left) is how you adjust your hover side to side.

next to the sticks are a bunch of little tabs.. one for each axis, if the helli drifts backwards, you can push up the right vertical tab a bit and that will "trim" the setting so it say better in place.

It is a bit hard to get used to , but this is the general layout of all the bigger radios, and it is your stepping stone to flying any other heli. this is one of the great things about the V911, is works like much bigger helis so you can practice without crashing $1000 when things goes wrong.

Bo
ggnextdoor is offline Find More Posts by ggnextdoor
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:24 PM
Joined Dec 2009
24 Posts
my next question is about the swash. I see there are 2 short and 2 long ball link balls on the swash, the 2 longer are currently connected from the factory. Is there a difference in the flight characteristics between the 2 sets?
Dark_Lord is offline Find More Posts by Dark_Lord
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:33 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord View Post
my next question is about the swash. I see there are 2 short and 2 long ball link balls on the swash, the 2 longer are currently connected from the factory. Is there a difference in the flight characteristics between the 2 sets?
The short ball links are supposedly another configuration for 'low rate'. But I don't think many people use it due to the hassle of link disconnect/reconnect.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:57 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
2,304 Posts
Hello Vicky,

There are 4 tabs. each correspond to a stick movement..

I have attached a marked up JPG of the radio.

Look at the tab marked "trim pitch" that tab moves up-down and correspond to the right stick up-down or forward backward movement.

So when you take-off if you have to keep pulling the stick back a bit to keep the heli from moving forward, that means you can trim it back.. go to the tab and push downwards on it a few times - that will do the same as holding the stick back. now when you take off the amount of back-stick should be less or even gone.

The roll works the same way. you use the trim to adjust so the heli hangs, instad of drifting.

The YAW which is rotate is where you set a bit of "trim" to make sure the heli do not rotate.

the THROTTLE trim really should be ZERO.. so center.

The display bars show where you set the trim, or "roughly" how much stick movement you have made with the trim. so when there bar is in the middle, that mean it is centered, when it is moved in any direction, that show you have trim setting.

The two silver buttons on top of the radio.. well the one on the right is just decoration.
But the one on the left is the rate option.. if you click it.. look at the top left of the display, and you will see it changing from M1 to M2 (I think thats what it say) the M1 is slower response. the M2 is faster response.. typically you want to use the M2 for outdoor flying..
what it do is, reduce the imput from the stick, so the heli respond to your stick movement a little slower in the 1 setting.. that helps flying indoor. but when you are outdoor you want to be able to get a bit more speed up, so you need more tilt on the thing.. that is where M2 is pretty good.

Hope this make sense.. :-)

Bo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggnextdoor View Post
Thanks Bo...
there are several little tabs...and they make sound when you click them..i do see bars going up and down left or right on the screen....is it only for keeping the heli stable? also there are couple sliver buttons on top of left and right..what are those for?

Vicky.
Bo Lorentzen is offline Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Bo Lorentzen; Nov 20, 2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:09 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Lorentzen View Post
Hello Vicky,

There are 4 tabs. each correspond to a stick movement..

I have attached a marked up JPG of the radio.

Look at the tab marked "trim pitch" that tab moves up-down and correspond to the right stick up-down or forward backward movement.

So when you take-off if you have to keep pulling the stick back a bit to keep the heli from moving forward, that means you can trim it back.. go to the tab and push downwards on it a few times - that will do the same as holding the stick back. now when you take off the amount of back-stick should be less or even gone.

The roll works the same way. you use the trim to adjust so the heli hangs, instad of drifting.

The YAW which is rotate is where you set a bit of "trim" to make sure the heli do not rotate.

the THROTTLE trim really should be ZERO.. so center.

The display bars show where you set the trim, or "roughly" how much stick movement you have made with the trim. so when there bar is in the middle, that mean it is centered, when it is moved in any direction, that show you have trim setting.

The two silver buttons on top of the radio.. well the one on the right is just decoration.
But the one on the left is the rate option.. if you click it.. look at the top left of the display, and you will see it changing from M1 to M2 (I think thats what it say) the M1 is slower response. the M2 is faster response.. typically you want to use the M2 for outdoor flying..
what it do is, reduce the imput from the stick, so the heli respond to your stick movement a little slower in the 1 setting.. that helps flying indoor. but when you are outdoor you want to be able to get a bit more speed up, so you need more tilt on the thing.. that is where M2 is pretty good.

Hope this make sense.. :-)

Bo
You might want to check your roll and pitch trim labels before you confuse Vicky even more.

regards . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:15 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
Joined Jan 2008
2,304 Posts
DARN - Vicky - swap those lables... they are wrong. the outside tab is roll and the inside is pitch.

Thank you gordonzo.! trying to update jpg now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
You might want to check your roll and pitch trim labels before you confuse Vicky even more.

regards . . . g
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:12 PM
Joined Nov 2012
13 Posts
hah thanks guys...this is really helpful.....
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:44 PM
Joined Nov 2012
13 Posts
Guys, another question. Is there an online version that explains all these Tx functions? Like an ebook or weblinks where i can read about each in detail?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:06 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
Joined Jan 2008
2,304 Posts
Maybe check this link - it kind of visualize things
http://www.buzzflyer.co.uk/rc-helico...ners-guide.asp

:-) but you really need to sit down calmly with a large carpet or grass area. (lawn) pick up the heli gently with throttle.. then keep holding height on the throttle.. and use your right hand getting comfortable moving the heli right-left and forward-backward only for a little while.. as you get used to keeping it in a place with the right hand. you can start playing with rotating it... by moving the left stick right or left.

To do the type flight you used to do.. give a little forward stick on the right stick. that will give you speed forward. (keep it low) and steer with the left stick. as soon as you start this you will get a feeling for exactly what these do.

Bo
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:37 PM
Joined Nov 2012
5 Posts
Hi,
Does anyone know an easy way to replace the rear vertical stabilizer on a V911?

It appears to me that to install a replacement, the Tail Boom would need to be separated from the Main Frame so the new Stabilizer could slide on to the Boom. My Boom appears 'glued' to the Main Frame.

Am I missing something......is there an easier way to do this.....?

Thanks,
Lee
AtlantaV911 is offline Find More Posts by AtlantaV911
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:13 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaV911 View Post
Hi,
Does anyone know an easy way to replace the rear vertical stabilizer on a V911?

It appears to me that to install a replacement, the Tail Boom would need to be separated from the Main Frame so the new Stabilizer could slide on to the Boom. My Boom appears 'glued' to the Main Frame.

Am I missing something......is there an easier way to do this.....?

Thanks,
Lee
On the wl toys versions the boom is indeed glued to the frame. You might have better luck trying to slide the tailmotor holder off and cut the wires (which you'd have to do even if you can take the boom off).

Edit: best solution IMO is don't bother fixing the tail fin, it serves no real purpose other than cosmetics, the heli may even fly better w/o it.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:24 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Germany, BY, Schwabach
Joined Oct 2012
1,549 Posts
Yahooooooo!!!!!!!!

YAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

After 4 long weeks (actually pretty good delivery time from banggood ) I picked up my v911 from customs today, blue & white, new batteries. I tried the heli with the original TX first of all and it has fantastic FF, think I need a bigger living room . Unfortunately one of the batteries seems to be defective so, since I had ordered a 5-pack of the old style 150mah batteries at the same time, I decided to steal the flybar off the v911 and put it on my e-rix 100 pro, which takes the old style batteries (so I now have 7 of them for 24/7 flying )

Once I had tested all the batteries (that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it) I decided to give my newly-acquired DH 9116 TX an airing, so bound it to the e-rix. Man it really takes the twitch out of the tail. Something that does bother me just a tad is that it seems to react pretty slowly to the throttle, which obviously makes it difficult to keep it off the ceiling or stop it sweeping the carpet on low hovers.

Was just wondering if there's anything I can change in the menu to decrease the throttle reaction time. I was told by the TX seller that "The double rate settings are at 50% on slow - 100% on quick. The expos are at 120% - so be careful". Can anybody set me straight on what the bit about the expos means?

I would have played with the settings and researched a bit myself if I hadn't just come back from late shift, but I'm looking for a quick fix as my flying time is kind of limited tomorrow, and I'd like to have more stick time on the 9116 TX in case I just need to practise all over again.

As ever, any form of advice is appreciated.

Cheers guys
Tigg
tiggertoo1962 is online now Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FS TH9X/WL-T6 settings
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:33 PM
Joined Nov 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
On the wl toys versions the boom is indeed glued to the frame. You might have better luck trying to slide the tailmotor holder off and cut the wires (which you'd have to do even if you can take the boom off).

Edit: best solution IMO is don't bother fixing the tail fin, it serves no real purpose other than cosmetics, the heli may even fly better w/o it.
I think my tailmotor mount is also glued to the Boom.

Being brand new to this hobby, it blows my mind.....that you can buy replacement parts that you can't install.....

Thanks for your help....
AtlantaV911 is offline Find More Posts by AtlantaV911